Grigsby Militaria

Discussions on all aspects of WW1, WW2 and Inter-War Era reenactment.
cruff

Grigsby Militaria

Post by cruff » 23 Mar 2010 14:08

Hello out there in reenactor land...
Has anyone else not been able to get their orders from Grigsby Militaria? Have they gone defunct and kept everyone's $$? I placed an order with them in August of last year for some basic field gear and have yet to recieve all of my stuff. Anyone deal with these chuckleheads? Thanks! Chris Ruff, Fort McPherson, GA

Schriv

Re: Grigsby Militaria

Post by Schriv » 23 Mar 2010 14:25

I placed an order over a year ago for a couple of small field gear items that were never delivered and no response was ever given to my repeated emails.
Funny thing was I got plenty of responses when it came to how to pay for the items, but it went South from there. After reading on this and several other boards that this was business as usual for them, I just took my business elsewhere. BTW... I received the exact same items from the other vendor in less than a week after being billed.
I was out a total of less than $40, but I will NEVER do business with them again.

El Shane

Post by El Shane » 23 Mar 2010 15:45

cruff wrote:I placed an order with them in August of last year for some basic field gear and have yet to recieve all of my stuff. Anyone deal with these chuckleheads? Thanks! Chris Ruff, Fort McPherson, GA
I think there were similar complaints in the thread below; that Grigsby is slow, but worth the wait was the consensus if I am not mistaken.

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... it=grigsby

cruff

Post by cruff » 23 Mar 2010 16:39

Thanks for the link to the older thread but they were talking about special order helmets that do require a little time to complete.
My situation is different. I ordered a bread bag, stick grenade, and a set of MP40 pouches from them about 7 months ago. It seemed that they were willing to follow through on the deal after about a month wait but now they just don't respond. One could simply throw them in a box and send it. They should be held accountable for their bad business practices.

Byelogvardetza

Post by Byelogvardetza » 23 Mar 2010 23:03

I think Grigsby will be honest enough to give your money back - IF you can reach him, IF you can get him to remember the deal and IF you can convince him that he never sent out your stuff. At least you have a chance.

I empathise with you, but you know this thread is going to get blasted. For some reason many people have loads of tolerance for extremely bad business practices (as long as it is happening to others), but no tolerance whatsoever for the victim who wants to put out a warning.

Nevertheless, threads like this are vital to new people getting into the hobby. People deserve to know the good and bad about the vendors they send money to. Otherwise unsuspecting people will get ripped off and have to learn the hard way who you can rely on to get your merchandise..... and who "You can buy from in person, but never, ever through the mail"

Langemann

Post by Langemann » 24 Mar 2010 07:02

Cruff:

Sorry to see you in this state, I wish you good luck! Dealing with Eric in person is a great experience and one that I would suggest to anyone. Dealing with Eric online is one that I wouldn't wish upon anyone. It took me well over a year and many face to face visits to get a helmet from him that I sent for painting, so I am aware of what you're going through.

A single word to anyone thinking of ordering from him online is, "don't."

CTAPOCTA

Post by CTAPOCTA » 18 May 2010 17:57

I totally agree with Langemann! Eric is great to deal in person but he shouldn`t be taking orders online. It`s just the way he is.

cruff

Post by cruff » 18 May 2010 19:34

Grigsby Militaria has pulled through and set things right! They are just a little late...
But, better late than never.

Pak38

Post by Pak38 » 20 May 2010 18:11

does anyone know how their automated order system works? i cant find a shopping cart or field for it on their website.

Schriv

Post by Schriv » 20 May 2010 18:42

DON'T DO IT. You will be sorry.
Go back and read this thread again. All of us that ordered online in the past either never received our items, or it took months to get anything.

Schnert

Post by Schnert » 20 May 2010 23:20

Just throw your money into the well and wish that Eric will send you your gear. That approach seems to work the best.

DARIVS

Post by DARIVS » 21 May 2010 06:37

Grigsby has TOTALLY lost his friggin' mind. He has taken parts of original NFA weapons loaned to him from the Military Museum in Little Falls, MN and not returned them. The museum will probably ask me to replicate them since I do such favors for them from time to time, but original parts are original parts! He has been slow or reneged on purchases, which is a recent turn in events, since before many would have trusted him to deliver purchased goods. No one should ever do that again.

Pak38

Post by Pak38 » 21 May 2010 15:53

but several people on here said that he'd improved his policies and he stated that his new automated ordering system had fixed most of the bugs. My order was a little late but the result was worth it. I'm just trying to figure out how to use the new system because I can't call from work. I can wait a few months for a helmet that nice.

kalupo

Post by kalupo » 22 May 2010 13:20

why not just buy a timeshare on a picasso painting? Just as nice and you'll own it all the same as you would from ordering from grigsby

Langemann

Post by Langemann » 26 May 2010 13:00

Unless of course he had the size and finish you wanted at an event you were at. In that instance, he would be fantastic to deal with and his prices would be great as well.

Return to “Reenactment”