Grigsby Militaria

Discussions on all aspects of WW1, WW2 and Inter-War Era reenactment.
TOTVERBAND

Re: Grigsby Militaria

Post by TOTVERBAND » 26 May 2010 23:53

The more you bitch to him or about his company, the more likely it is that you will get either what you paid for or a refund. It shouldn't have to be this way, but is...
I live the war in my head and I am the walking dead when i'm alive. Everyone's a critic, but they live their lives in their heads and they are dead just like me, so i say let them 'live' until they die by me dead walking over them.

howlingwolf

Post by howlingwolf » 14 Aug 2010 09:50

Yes I agree,
The members of this community should be warned 'DO NOT PLACE AN ORDER WITH GRIGSBY MILITARIA,' he's a fraudster.

I ordered an "early-type plane-tree" SS-Smock over nine months ago, he took my money alright, but still nothing, only the mandatory no response to numerous emails and letters, obviously the guy does not have any SS-Smocks, so why advertise that he does ?.
Every other company I deal with, never transact the payment until they have the product ready to ship, even if they have to 'buy-in' an item.

This guy is a proffesional small-time criminal, who knows exactly what he is doing, after six months I asked for the smock or a refund, to which I got the usual no reply (evasive tactics), having read the "G503 Forum" I contacted the Better Buisness Bureau, they could do nothing and "Grigsby Knows This", I then contacted my Visa company who informed me, that the transaction can no longer be investigated as I left my complaint too long, and "Grigsby knows this aspect of the bureaucracy as well" (very clever indeed Eric), his "set-up" is virtually beyond routine investigation and accountability.
He knows as time goes by, customers lose interest and if they persist like some, he then sends a little "consolation prize" whilst pocketing the full payment, how many people has this guy defrauded ?, and how many more ?, sorry folks, but this is "organized criminality" (he's been doing this for years !).

For those not in the US (such as myself), telephoning would cost more than some orders are worth, so "Grigsby has this area nicely tied up as well."
Like ssjim (G503 Forum), I am now forced into considering legal action, however, being in Europe I am presently unfamiliar with which law enforcement agency to contact (Tennessee Police ?), so if anybody has actually proceeded with legal action against this guy, could you share a few details please (by the way, how did you get on?)

This company has obviously robbed many, many, honest people and intends to persist with its established practice, so if your one of these people, how about putting your details up (what did you order and what are you currently owed, etc, ?), maybe a collective case of evidence can be brought against this individual (I've got all my paperwork in order), if others are interested in getting their money back, lets hear about it, I for one, will not let this rest. (I want my order or a full refund).

Wake up folks, stealing is a criminal activity and criminals should go to jail.

A very warm thanks to all those contributing to this important discussion.

Schnert

Post by Schnert » 14 Aug 2010 15:11

When quantum physics shattered the notion of enlightenment scientific certainty by positing that nothing - not even the speed of light - is a universal constant, philosophers commented that the bedrock of western metaphysics was destroyed forever.

Perhaps they were too hasty to respond to the logical conclusions of Einstein's musings as articulated by Heisenberg and Planck?

Perhaps there is a universal constant?

This universal yardstick certainly isn't the speed of light, however it may just be Grigsby's ineptitude.

I'll e-mail the Griffeth Observatory if you contact the estate of Derrida.

howlingwolf

Post by howlingwolf » 16 Aug 2010 17:00

Yes I agree,
The members of this community should be warned 'DO NOT PLACE AN ORDER WITH GRIGSBY MILITARIA,' he's a fraudster.

I ordered an "early-type plane-tree" SS-Smock over nine months ago, he took my money alright, but still nothing, only the mandatory no response to numerous emails and letters, obviously the guy does not have any SS-Smocks, so why advertise that he does ?.
Every other company I deal with, never transact the payment until they have the product ready to ship, even if they have to 'buy-in' an item.

This guy is a proffesional small-time criminal, who knows exactly what he is doing, after six months I asked for the smock or a refund, to which I got the usual no reply (evasive tactics), having read the "G503 Forum" I contacted the Better Buisness Bureau, they could do nothing and "Grigsby Knows This", I then contacted my Visa company who informed me, that the transaction can no longer be investigated as I left my complaint too long, and "Grigsby knows this aspect of the bureaucracy as well" (very clever indeed Eric), his "set-up" is virtually beyond routine investigation and accountability.
He knows as time goes by, customers lose interest and if they persist like some, he then sends a little "consolation prize" whilst pocketing the full payment, how many people has this guy defrauded ?, and how many more ?, sorry folks, but this is "organized criminality" (he's been doing this for years !).

For those not in the US (such as myself), telephoning would cost more than some orders are worth, so "Grigsby has this area nicely tied up as well."
Like ssjim (G503 Forum), I am now forced into considering legal action, however, being in Europe I am presently unfamiliar with which law enforcement agency to contact (Tennessee Police ?), so if anybody has actually proceeded with legal action against this guy, could you share a few details please (by the way, how did you get on?)

This company has obviously robbed many, many, honest people and intends to persist with its established practice, so if your one of these people, how about putting your details up (what did you order and what are you currently owed, etc, ?), maybe a collective case of evidence can be brought against this individual (I've got all my paperwork in order), if others are interested in getting their money back, lets hear about it, I for one, will not let this rest. (I want my order or a full refund).

Wake up folks, stealing is a criminal activity and criminals should go to jail.

A very warm thanks to all those contributing to this important discussion.

DetnnoSound [3.PGD]

Post by DetnnoSound [3.PGD] » 16 Aug 2010 22:41

First off, this is not a discussion; it's outright slander.

Now, I'm certainly not Eric's No.1 fan- but this goes too far. The man has good items, and at reasonable prices. Yes, his mail-order policy is abominable. Yes, he should do something about it. However, if you see him at shows, he is very much a legit vendor. There is little left of value to be gained from further hashing over on this topic; it's widely understood both on the forums and in the reenacting community at large.

For my own personal story regarding Grigsby, I placed an order with him last summer for a pair of lowboots, and by the time that GAP rolled around, I was in the same boat as many of you; unanswered messages and nothing to show for my trouble. I confronted him about this at GAP, and he was very apologetic and promptly gave me a full refund. I ended up placing an order for my lowboots with H.G.Berger, and couldn't be happier for it.

Strangely enough, however, at Odessa last year, my boots had already been on order with Grigsby for a couple months, and I thought maybe the way to get them would be to throw more money at him. I bought some items from him in person, and ordered a greatcoat, which he didn't have with him. Since my boots were delayed, he gave me a discount on everything, and offered to ship the greatcoat for free. It arrived in two weeks. But, then, as I mentioned, I still hadn't seen my boots by GAP.

Clearly, it's hit-or-miss with him; more often 'miss', apparently. Rarely do people use forums to mention when something meets expectations; they often vent frustrations. Warnings against poor business practices are in good order, and benefit the entire reenacting community, but let's be reasonable with our statements and do our best to avoid baseless accusations of criminal action.

For what it's worth, the bottom line in my book is buy from him in person, or not at all. I understand that this is not an option for those of us who live in other countries, and I must confess that my prejudice would be to avoid him as a vendor in your case; at least until his reputation for reliable delivery improves.

Schnert

Post by Schnert » 17 Aug 2010 00:24

Slander entails knowingly making false claims that negatively impact the wellbeing of another.

Stating that Grigsby has been known to repeatedly accept a customer's payment while simultaneously failing to provide them with the promised merchandise in a reasonable and timely manner is not slander.

That's an established statement of fact.

Accepting payment for merchandise and failing to deliver it in a reasonable period of time is criminal.

dixieflyer

Post by dixieflyer » 18 Aug 2010 02:09

I have dealt with Eric Grigsby in person at shows, and have come away very pleased every time. I've known for a long time that Eric just doesn't run an e-business very well, but is great with face-to-face. Before a show, I e-mail him with what I want, he brings it, I come away happy.

Warren

Pak38

Post by Pak38 » 19 Aug 2010 17:33

I asked my uncle who is an attorney about this. It doesn't sound good. The simplest way is small claims court, which is best done in the county of the business concerned. So you'd have to go to Tennessee in person. Or, you can find a TN attorney to represent you in court and go that route. But most lawyers will charge at least several hundred dollars, so it seems to be a losing proposition. You'll probably spend more on travel and legal costs than you lost with your order. If you're hooked for several thousand bucks, then it may be worth it. He did say that many attorneys will write a letter stating intent to sue for less and this will often get peoples' attention and solve the problem. But you still need one lisenced in TN.

dixieflyer

Post by dixieflyer » 20 Aug 2010 02:36

Pak, I don't know if things have changed in the meantime, but someone in TN took me for over $1500 about 16 years ago. My prof at school at the time was also a lawyer, so I asked his advice regarding this, small claims court, etc. He informed me that TN did not have a small claims court as such, so I would have to sue the guy. He said that even if I won, he could appeal, and then I'd have to pay for representation all over again, and in the end would be out more than what I was already in for and still might not get my money back.

Bottom line up front, sad to say, is this: if you've lost money with Eric through an internet sale, you can either hope he eventually makes good for you, or count it as an expensive lesson.

Warren

howlingwolf

Post by howlingwolf » 20 Aug 2010 10:00

Thankyou Schnert for your 'clear-sighted' textural analysis, quantum substantial observation demands such qualities, did you ever read The Physics of the Primary State of Matter. by C.W. Davson. ?. you'll enjoy it.

To reinforce these observations, I must add, that no slander was committed, it is in fact obligatory for the Axis Forum adminstrators, to preview all incoming emails for any undesireable content . . . all is in order, I selected my words 'mindfully,' so as to present the currently existing facts, correctly, all of which are reinforced via the appropriate documentation, which can easily validate these claims, if further need arises.

In regard to accusations of baseless criminal action, it must be stated, that criminality consists of any activity attributable to the breaking of the existing laws, 'dropping litter' where dropping litter is against the law, constitutes a criminal offence, sorry Detnosound, but I do not write-up society's accepted legal bounderies, nor do I agree with most,
and furthermore, buisness does Not revolve around 'hit and miss,' it revolves around 'trust and honour,' the former belonging to the client the latter to the company, I 'trusted' and thus expected 'honour,' my further apologies, but this is how we operate, its in our blood.

In further response to this discussion, I have since received some extremely helpful personal emails (thanx to all concerned) detailing Eric's online buisness approach, which if myself (and others) had received such an explanation from Mr G himself, I doubt if people would find much need, in advertising their disappointment via the net. Apart from the money issues, some have kindly informed me, that Eric is essentially a decent 'in the moment' kind of guy, so trusting this warmfelt sincerity, I pledge no hard feelings unto him, however, I simply cannot afford to despatch $200 to every nice guy that exists in the world.
It was also explained to me, that Mr G sometimes visits and responds to this site, so if your reading Eric, please could you email me ?, my quantum physical ZPE receptors are a bit faulty at present, I've not been receiving you . . . Schnert !, can you fix it ?.

Yours H W.

Schnert

Post by Schnert » 20 Aug 2010 23:45

My earlier assertion was incorrect. In light of the latest evidence I failed to take Grisby's rate of incompetence into account. It appears from the general observations of contributors to this board that at times he is markedly more incompetent than others. Thus, we have come full circle to Heisenberg. When you give Grigsby money you are unltimately uncertain as to whether or not he will deliver.

Can the only cosmic certainty be uncertainty? And if so, is the negation of an Absolute the new Absolute?

howlingwolf

Post by howlingwolf » 23 Aug 2010 10:37

Only one thing is certain and that is uncertainty, and only one thing is infinite . . . man's stupidity !.

Thus vendor's proceed, safely in the light of such understanding . . . 'ad infinitum,' yet failing to realise . . . that vendor's are also men, and thus subject to the observable effects of stupidity, or even Absolute Stupidity !, thus placing themselves at a disproportionate disadvantage in regards to men of modest imbecility ?.

If the gate is left open, the wolf will get in !.

MeatGrinder

Post by MeatGrinder » 28 Aug 2010 17:06

Just don't order from him. If you can't buy from him at an event, then buy someplace else. EVERYONE should know this.

howlingwolf

Post by howlingwolf » 29 Aug 2010 11:19

Not everyone knows everything, I'll give him two more months (years up), then Im dealing him the 'dirty card.'

Tough !

JagerRoll

Post by JagerRoll » 29 Aug 2010 21:58

I used to go to Eric to get all of my helmets done. I have now found someone that is extremely reliable, timely and does some fantastic work. I had Greg Barrett do 5 Fallschirmjager helmets for me, redye 3 smocks , a bandoleer , helmet cover and he is now working on my MCG 68 MP 40. He is a bit pricey but his work is worth every penny.
Here are the helmets
He redoes the liners
and the smocks he redyed

His e-mail is
[email protected]

Return to “Reenactment”