Grigsby Militaria

Discussions on all aspects of WW1, WW2 and Inter-War Era reenactment.
waffenrock42

Re: Grigsby Militaria

Post by waffenrock42 » 01 Apr 2011 03:24

sorry to dig up an olddiscussion but Grigsby has now dropped off the grid. All his numbers are down, his site is down and he has not responded to any emails. He owed many of thousands of dollars to people and instead of fixing it he has disapeared.

LTC Tim

Post by LTC Tim » 01 Apr 2011 22:01

That's awful, but I find it funny how people call At The Front asking for Grigsby. That's almost too funny for April Fool's Day, but apparently it is very real.

LTC Tim

GD,grenedier

Post by GD,grenedier » 03 Apr 2011 02:37

Yea,Funny, Ha Ha,and its driving Rollin B%*&$#@T crazy,you wander sometimes about the IQ of some Reenacters (present company excluded of course :lol:)

wwiichap

Post by wwiichap » 04 Apr 2011 16:21

I can see how ATF wants to distance themselves from the SS Grigsby ship. What I find interesting though is from one of his rants.

"Here's the deal: Yes, Eric and I used to go to shows together, set up next to or across from one another but we have ALWAYS been separate companies. We aren't even in the same STATE. Likewise, we have NEVER filled orders for them. NEVER."

About 4 years ago I ordered a greatcoat from Grigsby via the telephone, and guess what? The invoice in the box was from......ATF.

DL

aeros66

Post by aeros66 » 07 Apr 2011 18:49

Please read the response to the above comment on ATF's website. It may clear things up a little.

Sucks Rollin has to put deal with all this "Where's Grigsby?" stuff. He's got his hands full as it is making us cool nazi junk.

Grabenkater

Post by Grabenkater » 07 Apr 2011 18:57

wwiichap wrote:About 4 years ago I ordered a greatcoat from Grigsby via the telephone, and guess what? The invoice in the box was from......ATF.DL
Probably because when you ordered it, Grigsby did not have any in stock and called up ATF and ordered it and sent it on to you.

Langemann

Post by Langemann » 07 Apr 2011 20:07

Grabenkater,

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Dane

backpacker416

Post by backpacker416 » 07 Apr 2011 22:06

I ordered a few pins and patches from him about a year ago, never got my order. Live and learn.

LTC Tim

Post by LTC Tim » 07 Apr 2011 22:26

Actually his rant earlier this week said that in a few circumstances, Grigsby was out and asked ATF to fill the orders for them, so the customer received boxes from ATF. This might be contributing to the conspiracy theories about the two being in cahoots.

LTC Tim

Grabenkater

Post by Grabenkater » 08 Apr 2011 15:39

Rollin is one of the most honest and straight shooters I have ever met in this hobby.

ammo1944

Post by ammo1944 » 08 Apr 2011 23:48

Check At The Front's new page on their website, it will dill you in on the details regarding Grigsby.

Give At The Front a break and let them do more important things, like making great gear!

Never had any problems with At The Front after ordering countless times!

Al

wwiichap

Post by wwiichap » 09 Apr 2011 06:07

Grabenkater wrote:
wwiichap wrote:About 4 years ago I ordered a greatcoat from Grigsby via the telephone, and guess what? The invoice in the box was from......ATF.DL
Probably because when you ordered it, Grigsby did not have any in stock and called up ATF and ordered it and sent it on to you.
Thanks, that was what i assumed as well. No cahoots theory here. I was just pointing out that ATF DID ship some "Grigsby" merchandise in the past contrary to his "....we have NEVER filled orders for them. NEVER." statement in a now erased rant. I do like ATF and have, and will probably order more gear in the future. I was just making a correction. So Rollin does read AHF?

aeros66

Post by aeros66 » 26 Apr 2011 18:30

Apparently he does every now and then to simply roll his eyes, sigh, and wonder why he even bothers...I, for one, am glad he doesn't get on these often lest it robs him completely of the desire to do this stuff for us.
He definitely runs his business on the up and up AND offers quality product. Not many others can claim that.

Cheerth!

Sheikh Al Stranghi

Post by Sheikh Al Stranghi » 06 Jan 2012 18:41

THIS BUSINESS IS NOT BBB ACCREDITED

Grigsby Militaria
Phone: (931) 537-9165 (Disconnected)
Fax: (931) 537-2463
5725 Highway 111 North, Cookeville, TN 38506
http://www.grigsbymilitaria.com

On a scale of A+ to F
Reason for Rating
BBB Ratings System Overview
SharePrint

BBB Accreditation
Grigsby Militaria is not BBB Accredited.

Businesses are under no obligation to seek BBB accreditation, and some businesses are not accredited because they have not sought BBB accreditation.

To be accredited by BBB, a business must apply for accreditation and BBB must determine that the business meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses must pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public.

Reason for Rating
BBB rating is based on 16 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.

Factors that lowered Grigsby Militaria's rating include:

15 complaints filed against business
Failure to respond to 3 complaints filed against business.
3 complaints filed against business that were not resolved.
Length of time business has taken to resolve complaint(s).
Business has failed to resolve underlying cause(s) of a pattern of complaints.
BBB does not have sufficient information to determine size of business. BBB evaluation of business is based on rating formula's smallest size classification.
BBB does not have sufficient information to determine how long this business has been operating.
BBB does not have sufficient background information on this business.
This company has a pattern of customer complaint. Specifically, complaints allege consumers paid in advance for military uniform replicas; however, the company failed to deliver the ordered products.

On January 3, 2011, BBB sent certified correspondence to this company requesting their immediate attention in resolving the unanswered complaints on file with BBB by January 12, 2011.

On January 12, 2011, the company responded to BBB indicating they are looking into the matter.

As of February 18, 2011, the company has failed to resolve the outstanding complaints.

Customer Complaints Summary
15 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 11 closed in last 12 months
Complaint Type Total Closed Complaints
Delivery Issues 14
Problems with Product / Service 1
Advertising / Sales Issues 0
Billing / Collection Issues 0
Guarantee / Warranty Issues 0
Total Closed Complaints 15
Complaint Details | Definitions | BBB Complaint Process | File a Complaint

Government Actions
BBB knows of no significant government actions involving Grigsby Militaria.

What government actions does BBB report on?

Advertising Review
BBB has nothing to report concerning Grigsby Militaria's advertising at this time.

What is BBB Advertising Review?

Additional Information
BBB file opened: 03/06/2006
Business Category
Costumes - Masquerade & Theatrical

Products & Services
According to information obtained from the company's website, it offers militaria products and services for collectors and historical reenactments.

http://www.bbb.org/nashville/business-r ... n-37019847

cpittman

Post by cpittman » 09 Jan 2012 16:13

Eric Grigsby was, at one time, a trusted supplier, and was the source for many items of my kit, and also some items in my collection. It has now been about a year since he disappeared from the radar screen. A few months ago at a large event that Grigsby had previously been a fixture at I was able to talk to a number of people who knew him and did business with him and all reported the same thing, that Eric Grigsby no longer exists as a supplier for WWII items; Grigsby Militaria is no more.

Return to “Reenactment”