Why is this sort of thing permitted to happen....revisited!

Discussions on all aspects of WW1, WW2 and Inter-War Era reenactment.
Schwarz Edelweiss

Re: Why is this sort of thing permitted to happen....revisit

Post by Schwarz Edelweiss » 11 Oct 2011, 23:22

The six pack boys :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hoch auf dem Berge

Berthier92

Post by Berthier92 » 12 Oct 2011, 15:14

Here Schwarz, just for you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
1318425151brokebackhill.jpg
1318425151brokebackhill.jpg (107.72 KiB) Viewed 1658 times
3rd Recon battalion ,DAK , First in Tripoli, First at front

LSSAH1944

Post by LSSAH1944 » 13 Oct 2011, 23:03

Lol, That will be a hit! But what's the plot? :wink:

Berthier92

Post by Berthier92 » 14 Oct 2011, 01:45

LSSAH1944 wrote:Lol, That will be a hit! But what's the plot? :wink:

A really Farby unit somehow travels back in time. The Germans think they are part of them (even though they speak no english) and when they try confronting the americans they think they are spies ^^. Schwarz is making up a script now :)

LSSAH1944

Post by LSSAH1944 » 14 Oct 2011, 02:13

Lol, I would pay a lot to see this in a theatre.

Berthier92

Post by Berthier92 » 14 Oct 2011, 02:56

Hopefully we can get it going :)

Schwarz Edelweiss

Post by Schwarz Edelweiss » 14 Oct 2011, 10:19

Berthier92 wrote:Here Schwarz, just for you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: thanks, hopefully we will pull this out and get one of the directors interested in our script and in that case prepare for a laugh :lol:
Hoch auf dem Berge

Berthier92

Post by Berthier92 » 14 Oct 2011, 13:12

Schwarz Edelweiss wrote:
Berthier92 wrote:Here Schwarz, just for you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: thanks, hopefully we will pull this out and get one of the directors interested in our script and in that case prepare for a laugh :lol:

It should be damn awesome :lol: :lol: :lol:

Schwarz Edelweiss

Post by Schwarz Edelweiss » 29 Oct 2011, 20:47

I am thinking of having this movie done in Russia, why, because they go back through time and end up on the Ostfront and use a German Tiger I tank, i will be talking to the movie directors here and in the states, crew would be Hollywood actors and Russian actors as well, there are three languages spoken in the movie, English, Russian and German with subtitles for non English !
There is a German Tiger I tank replica that looks like a real Tiger I in every way, compared to those from " Saving Private Ryan " make them look like toys :milwink: The reenactor sixpack crew will be driving , fighting & shooting in a Tiger I, gotta a feeling its gonna be a lot of fun :lol:

Hoch auf dem Berge

Berthier92

Post by Berthier92 » 30 Oct 2011, 04:38

hahahah that just reminds me of Odd ball in Kellys Heroes. Perhaps an idea could be they re-enact as panzer crews in the 21st century and had a truck converted into a "tiger" with which they travel through a time loophole into 1944 Russia. When they are seen in their Badly made and worn uniforms, the germans think they are a tank ace crew and let them have a Tiger I with which they of course cause chaos with :D. yes this would be the best Tiger I could think of. i believe it was also used in Band of Brothers as the tiger whos hidden in the haystack which knocks out a cromwell. yes the saving private ryan tiger was a terrible replica, built on a T-54 chassis.

Just remember i am a student and have studies i need to do in NZ (and don't have a lot of cash) but i will look around for directors who may be intrested. This will be a damn good Film :D. see if there is a russian re-enactment unit there. i know there is one in the Ukraine. would be handy to have re-enactors for background as many have their own gear and are cheap to hire. also some have T-34/85 tanks. having one would also be handy if there are to be shots of soviet troops advancing. as it was rare for soviet troops to advance with no tanks. and russia is full of them. You will definitly need funds. transporters for tanks, gear and actors are expensive, so are pyrotechnics and blank ammunition. as well as 3d graphical animation such as tracers. i cannot monetarily suppourt this film (let alone travel to Russia) but like i said. i'll look into some directors here and perhaps editors :)

Berthier92

Post by Berthier92 » 02 Nov 2011, 04:03

Getting back on topic, Guy you HAVE TO SEE these guys in this video on youtube. I reckon they are the WORST FARBS EVER!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W_-ia9H ... re=related

Dutch2770

Post by Dutch2770 » 02 Nov 2011, 21:32

Berthier 92
What exactly in your opinion makes them the worst farbs ever ? Is it the WW1 helmet ? The man wearing it is a Hiwi. They were issused second hand German equipment. Hes still wearing his Soviet uniform too. This is one of the things that bothers me about this hobby. The riddicule of other peoples impression simply because you dont have the knowledge of all the uniforms, equipment and organisations of the German armed forces. No one does. This is a learning process as I see it. If ever you were to see a unknown uniform in the field, instead of calling them a farb behind thier backs, go up to them and ask them about thier impression. Lets not mock what we dont understand.
Granted thier are some people out there that look like crap. We that are serious about this hobby should be helping correct these people instead of posting thier pictures on a forum and snickering about them . There might be a good chance that they simply dont know any better. No impression is 100% accurate.
I will get off the soap box now, im done.
Prost

Berthier92

Post by Berthier92 » 02 Nov 2011, 21:49

On a second look at the video i have to agree with you Dutch2770, I apologise about what i've said and you are right, we do ridicule others impressions (without realising we are being ridiculed ourselves) but there are some units out there (very few) who do have problems with getting their uniforms righ, and when we do try to help them, so that an event organiser will allow them to come next time, some listen, some don't, but that of course is there choice

Dutch2770

Post by Dutch2770 » 02 Nov 2011, 21:54

No problem. You can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink. If they dont want to adjust thier uniform then they shouldnt wonder why nobody wants to play with them.

Berthier92

Post by Berthier92 » 02 Nov 2011, 22:15

Dutch2770 wrote:No problem. You can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink. If they dont want to adjust thier uniform then they shouldnt wonder why nobody wants to play with them.
XD XD good, quote, i'll remember it

Return to “Reenactment”