Wear Reenactment Clothes For Everyday Use

Discussions on all aspects of WW1, WW2 and Inter-War Era reenactment.
edelweiss

Re: Wear Reenactment Clothes For Everyday Use

Post by edelweiss » 15 Nov 2013, 15:39

UnteroffizierLuke wrote:All the time lol no just sometimes but a lot m43 cap for sure sumpftarn smock, bone sack, winter pants. When I'm with my one friend he makes bike jumps I come along and help just to make my stuff look good. Dot 44 tarnjacke to work, it's very black now lol, I have a junk m42 feldbluse I wear for doin stuff. I use the zeltbahn whenever it rains. Hey if I'm gonna spend all this money I my as well use the stuff :D
Good point ;)

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » 20 Nov 2013, 04:14

I was just thinking about a thread like this. The winter in NC is usually pretty bland. Coldest it gets is like 15F. I will wear my newly acquired M43 (Without insignia) and the winter toque with a pair of dark blue jeans to college. It keeps me warm and it actually does not look too bad. I'll flair the collar just because.

OGF-G-247

Post by OGF-G-247 » 22 Jul 2015, 01:10

Refitted a Waffen-SS StuG wrap to a Battle Jacket (metalhead jacket) 8-) . Doing the same to a HBT Heer panzer wrapper (wool gets so warm during moshing :milwink: ). Sometimes wear my Steingrau trousers with a waistcoat for chique occasions. I often wear my M42 greatcoat during winter, with turtleneck and EM belt. Finnish winter war buckle instead of Heer or Waffen, though.
Boots not that often, since pavement and hobnails don't really mix, but I am planning on buying either a pair of czech repro M44 boots or Lederarsenal low boots for both hiking and reënactment purposes.
And as for negative comments, being tall and confident keeps most negative sheeple's away, and the ones that get vocal are usually burned quite effeciently and mercilessly. :lol:

DerFreiKorpMann

Post by DerFreiKorpMann » 19 Nov 2015, 05:01

I just wear my M42 officer's field cap with no insignias outside, and I sometimes wear my M35 Stahlhelm when I'm bored indoors and to break them in.
Potz, Mohren, Blitz und Kreuzelement,
Wer den Fritz und seine Soldaten noch nicht kennt!"

Damn bloody hell
Upon anyone still not knowing Fritz and his soldiers!"

Dwight Pruitt

Post by Dwight Pruitt » 28 Nov 2015, 04:30

I wear my At The Front Winter Combat (Tanker) jacket as an everyday coat.

LineDoggie

Post by LineDoggie » 03 Dec 2015, 00:50

Field Marshal Mung Beans wrote:Just curious but do any of the reenactors here wear their reenactment clothes for purposes behind reenacting? Ie wearing a cap to keep warm or wearing jackboots for hiking. Sorry if I seem ignorant or asking a stupid question.
I wore my M41 Field jacket at work (construction) for 6 months to get a nice fade going.

Same for a mackinaw

Wore the boots to break them in

Washed the Fatigues in every load of laundry I did for 3 months
"There are two kinds of people who are staying on this beach: those who are dead and those who are going to die. Now let’s get the hell out of here".
Col. George Taylor, 16th Infantry Regiment, Omaha Beach

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » 03 Jan 2016, 01:20

I have an ATF Tanker jacket I wear to work or for working around the yard. I also have their US Paratrooper pants I wear a fair amount, too.

Dwight Pruitt

Post by Dwight Pruitt » 03 Jan 2016, 02:39

I got their B-10 jacket as a Christmas gift. It's nice.

Return to “Reenactment”