How do I choose?

Discussions on all aspects of WW1, WW2 and Inter-War Era reenactment.
jtemple507

How do I choose?

Post by jtemple507 » 23 Feb 2013, 14:33

Hello fellow reenactors/future ones: I am looking at different sites to narrow down my choices for a supplier to pick so I may be able to reenact within the next few years, maybe sooner. However, I am not sure which side to portray, Allied or German, and if Allied, which country to portray. Could I have some suggestions please?
Shooting 'em down in flames!

MG42sForAll

Re: How do I choose?

Post by MG42sForAll » 23 Feb 2013, 16:43

Well what side do you like studying most? I liked the Axis and more specifically the Germans so I started from there and narrowed it down further by finding a reenacting unit that appealed to me. With that I ended up portraying Waffen SS. As I continue to flesh out this impression I'm already thinking about starting up another one to give myself a wider range of opportunities to study history in the field.

So if you enjoy watching documentaries or reading about the Allied side start there and decide which country/branch you want to really get down in the weeds with. It's a great way to get perspective on how it felt and to turn your hobby into an outdoor activity. :D Also if there are any reenactments in your area I'd suggest checking them out and talking to various units.

dixiedrummer

Post by dixiedrummer » 23 Feb 2013, 20:07

Flip a coin...

Schwen

Post by Schwen » 27 Feb 2013, 06:46

Come to the dark sieeede, hehe.
H. Schwendemann
Uscha. u. Grpfhr
1.Komp 3.Zug 3.Gruppe
LSSAH

eldar1

Post by eldar1 » 25 Mar 2013, 08:08

Go to a reenactment and talk to members on both sides of the coin before you decide.With info from both sides go home and decide later what to do .Wiegh the pro's and con's and you will make the best decission.

Return to “Reenactment”