Discussions on all aspects of WW1, WW2 and Inter-War Era reenactment.
Posts: 7
Joined: 11 Jun 2013 09:10
Location: United Kingdom (Scotland)


Post by Mowggs » 21 Jun 2013 20:09

So I've really got stuck in with the whole WW1 German militaria collecting for my reenactor set.I've had a lot of confusion over the Imperial German field cap. Allow me to explain: I wanted an accurate repro of a WW1 German feldmutze and wanted it tall like they should be, but I kept finding caps that looked like berets. I then find that the tall, pillbox shape cap I'm after is a Krätzchen? I was wondering if anyone here could clarify the differences between a Krätzchen and a Feldmutze please, or are they the same thing?

User avatar
Posts: 30
Joined: 04 Nov 2020 06:02
Location: Eastern Australia

Re: Krätzchen/Felmutze??

Post by Deutsche_Wehrmacat » 25 Nov 2020 10:18

They're the same thing, no differences.

Return to “Reenactment”