Best place to get a Wehrmacht Panzer wrap replica?

Discussions on all aspects of WW1, WW2 and Inter-War Era reenactment.
MemeJäger

Best place to get a Wehrmacht Panzer wrap replica?

Post by MemeJäger » 05 Jun 2016, 00:31

Greetings, guys.

If the title left any uncertainties, I'm looking for a repro of these slick black army wraps for everyday wear (which means mostly no insignia since this is Austrialand after all, shoulderboards are green-lit though) . While most of the online vendors are known to me, I'm experiencing some serious difficulties in making a decision, after all my experience in these matters....just isn't there.

Some things to keep in mind:
  • As mentioned, I'm going to remove most obvious insignia such as chest eagles or collar tabs, so I'd like to avoid paying up for these.
  • Historical accuracy also is a nice extra, but some of the inner sewing being half a centimeter away from where it was intended to be doesn't herald the imminent doomsday.
  • Most importantly, quality and fit! Getting an oversized black handkerchief instead of rugged wool Is a rather unpleasant experience I'm sure. So is having the fit suited to an Asian frame or something in that league, I've heard rumors that Sturm tends to be on the uncomfortable side for instance.
  • Last but not least, bang for my buck. Spending a little for quality won't kill me, but some of the prices at, say, Lost Battalions are a little out of my league at the moment.
Cheers,

MemeJäger

Return to “Reenactment”