ATF or hessenantique uniforms?

Discussions on all aspects of WW1, WW2 and Inter-War Era reenactment.
Wisner

ATF or hessenantique uniforms?

Post by Wisner » 01 Sep 2016, 05:11

Who makes the best HBTs and wool uniforms? ATF or hessenantique. Im really looking into hessen for their 10percent discount on members but if ATF has a better stuff I will go with them. Im looking for HEER uniforms specifically the m40. Any thoughts?

erich8888

Re: ATF or hessenantique uniforms?

Post by erich8888 » 04 Sep 2016, 17:44

I have an m40 HBT from Hessen, and a tropical HBT from ATF, and both are pretty close in terms of quality with a slight edge to ATF. Right now ATF hasn't been selling any wool for quite some time.

fusilier1944

Re: ATF or hessenantique uniforms?

Post by fusilier1944 » 13 Sep 2016, 02:45

I had been waiting for Hessen to restock the M40 for some time now. Well I ordered one Labor Day weekend and it arrived today. I opted for the Hessen brand (as opposed to Sturm) with insignia. I should have bought my own insignia and sewed it myself. I was hesitant to do the collar tabs but now it looks like I'm resewing the breast eagle. I kind of expected to be able to actually use the internal suspenders I also ordered. This I did not expect:

Maybe I'm just spoiled by my American made Lost Battalions M43. Granted that was close to $300 when I got it & this one was $120, but this feels a lot less durable. Maybe it's because it is a more accurate 85% wool/15% rayon blend versus 100% wool of my old tunic.

Please take the above photo into consideration when ordering a Hessen tunic WITH insignia.

Return to “Reenactment”