Are there Navy uniform enthusiasts out there?

Discussions on all aspects of WW1, WW2 and Inter-War Era reenactment.
osaka0235

Are there Navy uniform enthusiasts out there?

Post by osaka0235 » 01 Jun 2017, 11:04

Hello, Axis History Forum Users!

I just wanted to share some pictures with you, since there are not many WWII Navy uniform enthusiasts out there.
My interest in Navy grew over time while I was in the Navy as a sailor and started to collect Navy related stuff.
Here are some of the photos of myself dressed up as Navy sailor during WWII. I hope you guys like it.

With other close Kriegsmarine enthusiasts in the summer. I am on the far left with regular Kriegsmarine Uniform.

There is no reproduction available for the sailor jumpers and trousers. I used Deutsche Marine sailor uniform instead with Kriegsmarine insignia.

Myself with Peacoat and Donald Cap.

There were no reproduction products out there for the Kriegsmarine Sailor Peacoat.
I had to get old Volksmarine Peacoat and fix it. That is why you can notice the color difference.
I think only Union Militaria makes Kriegsmarine Sailor Peacoat now.

Kriegsmarine Shore Stationed Sailor Uniform.

Kriegsmarine M40 tunic had some differences. There are no Kriegsmarine M40 tunic reproductions out there, so I had to use Heer M40 and fix it.

Finally U.S. Shore Patrol during WWII.

Luckily, At the Front produced WWII USN reproduction clothes and items recently. And they were really spot on!

And I am planning to purchase more stuff. (and that means more countries on the way too) Korea is not the best place for this hobby, but I hope I can collect most of the major countries' navy uniforms who participated in WWII.
Republic of Korea Navy Enlisted 615th.
Served as BM PO3.

monsunseemann

Re: Are there Navy uniform enthusiasts out there?

Post by monsunseemann » 15 Nov 2019, 01:44

Hey! You're not out there all alone. I'm a Kriegsmarine enthusiast myself. I'm into the Atlantic and Pacific theaters and have found uniforms for both. I'm interested in starting a landing party at some point. So don't think you're the only one. We're few, but the sea knows it's own.
“For the lessons one fails to learn during peacetime, one pays a high price in war.”
-Adm. Karl Dönitz, Großadmiral

Xavier

Post by Xavier » 15 Nov 2019, 03:39

I like your shore KM infantry tunic.
welcome to the forum you both!

monsunseemann

Post by monsunseemann » 15 Nov 2019, 14:55

Danke for the warm greetings. It's hen's teeth finding people who are students of KM history. I'm starting a regional reenactment unit; 10th Flotilla. Trying anyway. I don't believe that there is web presence of such a unit although I think there was a coastal artillery group at one time.

My goal is to have a educational and active, family friendly group to attend reenactments as well Kameradschaft.

There is room for any naval impression the main focus being the Asian theater of operation.

And I agree. The shore tunic is very nice. Where did you get it?
“For the lessons one fails to learn during peacetime, one pays a high price in war.”
-Adm. Karl Dönitz, Großadmiral

Return to “Reenactment”