Looking for Authenic German WW1 Reenacting Group

Discussions on all aspects of WW1, WW2 and Inter-War Era reenactment.
beanbomb

Looking for Authenic German WW1 Reenacting Group

Post by beanbomb » 11 Apr 2018, 05:53

Next fall, I will be living in Gettysburg attending college and would like to find a German WWI reenacting group for the Newville event this upcoming November, preferably a GWA unit as I will be be in PA. I'm going to sound picky and overly meticulous, but I currently almost exclusively participate in "campaigner stitch nazi" Civil War events and adjuncts, and want to find something comparable to this in WW1. I would like to find a unit that stresses full authenticity, and not just with uniforms, but in trench life as well. I'm looking for a group that lives and sleeps in the trenches during the events, eats period rations, acts like there is a threat of a bullet hitting your head if you poke your head up, performs period tasks, etc. I am NOT looking for a group that just wants to shoot their guns in the battle, drink a few beers and chat, and then sleep in tents. I want a fully immersive WW1 experience that is as close to the real thing as reenactors can get, with full effort being made to do so.

At the moment I have never been to a WW1 reenactment, so I don't know what the reenacting culture is like. I may be asking for something that doesn't exist, but this is what I'm looking for. I am currently acquiring uniform and kit, making certain I only deal with the most authentic vendors I can find, though would like to find a unit before I get too much stuff.

Please list your unit if you feel it fits what I'm looking for.

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Re: Looking for Authenic German WW1 Reenacting Group

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 16 Apr 2018, 17:30

Contridiction of terms, authenic reenacting group?bahhahha These over zealot groups are wacked out.I meet them at every TCMA show, so here is what they look like, Fat ass white guys (obese) squeezed into mint tunics, over down with clean white face, shaven, clean hair cuts and overweight.the stupid thread count nonsense with out any normal variation, jezzzz while they talk ENGlish!!! bahahhaahhahaa ...Reenactors IOW a bunch of want a be soldats living a fantasy la la world

beanbomb

Post by beanbomb » 17 Apr 2018, 15:51

Your comment has been exceptionally unhelpful.

jwsleser

Post by jwsleser » 18 Apr 2018, 19:20

beanbomb

As Newville is your initial targeted event, I suggest you read through the Great War Association website GWA . You will need to be either a member of one the association's units or attend as a guest of one of those units.

The GWA also has a Facebook page (Great War Association) that is a closed group. You will need to ask to join.

The units that are part of the association generally have good/high standards. If none of these GWA units meets your desires, then there likely isn't any unit that does.

Pista! Jeff
Jeff Leser

Infantrymen of the Air

Return to “Reenactment”