Recommended vendors?

Discussions on all aspects of WW1, WW2 and Inter-War Era reenactment.
DVuSS

Recommended vendors?

Post by DVuSS » 24 Sep 2019 09:44

New to the reenacting scene, so new that I haven't become a part of it yet. I've been looking at a plethora of different vendors for reproduction uniforms and I was wondering about some of your experiences with them. I'll put a list of the vendors I've considered below, opinions on them would be great. If you also had some experience with manufacturers, that'd be awesome to hear about too.

Hessen Antique
At The Front
Soldier of Fortune
Union Militaria
Gavin Militaria

Sturm
Richard Underwood
Fabric Adler Berg
A snitch a day keeps the Gestapo away.

DVuSS

Re: Recommended vendors?

Post by DVuSS » 28 Sep 2019 16:44

Come on, I can see the views.

Pointless2Play

Post by Pointless2Play » 29 Sep 2019 13:27

Soldier of fortune is good if you want items that fits everyone, like badges or other insignia. But not for uniforms, unless you fit average size.

I'm thinking of purchasing breeches and a tunic at Union Militaria aswell, but I have no experience. Look at their eBay reviews for more feedback

Both Richard Underwood and Sturm Mil-Tec are very good, however the older Sturm tunics are better than the current ones.

I hope this helps.

DVuSS

Post by DVuSS » 29 Sep 2019 13:51

It does, thank you P2P.

strmn

Post by strmn » 28 Feb 2020 21:52

All of those venders offer something good. Most offer crap. For equipment stay away from Hessen. ATF is a reenactor and does quite a lot of research that he shares with us. 1944 Militaria sells good stuff and sell SMW camo items. He too is very knowledgeable on everything WWII German. Gavin produces good entry level wool uniforms that are cost effective for new young men with no money. Boots I recommend Berger in Germany and Fredericci in Poland.
Scott

Return to “Reenactment”