Thoughts on 'Military Harbor' uniforms?

Discussions on all aspects of WW1, WW2 and Inter-War Era reenactment.
DerFreiKorpMann

Thoughts on 'Military Harbor' uniforms?

Post by DerFreiKorpMann » 04 Jan 2020, 23:10

Just discovered this today through a guy in Reddit, because he says they have smaller sizes. Haven't seen anyone wearing their uniform before, nor have I ever heard of them before Reddit. I can't find any other reviews on 'em.

Tunic's $89, just $1 more expensive than a tailor-cut Gavin's (Having trouble contacting, btw. A real hassle even before I buy anything).

What do you lads think? They any good?

https://www.militaryharbor.com/ww2-germ ... -Feldbluse
Attachments
GUWA-007-650x650_524.jpg
GUWA-007-650x650_524.jpg (43.16 KiB) Viewed 16400 times
Potz, Mohren, Blitz und Kreuzelement,
Wer den Fritz und seine Soldaten noch nicht kennt!"

Damn bloody hell
Upon anyone still not knowing Fritz and his soldiers!"

fusilier1944

Re: Thoughts on 'Military Harbor' uniforms?

Post by fusilier1944 » 07 Jan 2020, 02:53

Looking around that site it’s obviously in China, selling the same Chinese product you can get elsewhere. Such as epic militaria or eBay.

W.S.

Post by W.S. » 25 Apr 2021, 20:00

Hello! Not exactly sure where to post this, but since I got the sleeve eagle from Military Harbor, I'll give it a go here.
202104.jpg
202104.jpg (61.04 KiB) Viewed 11048 times
As you can clearly see, this is the back of the sleeve eagle, and apparently you have to cut it out. My question is, won't the threads come loose if you just start cutting? I asked Military Harbor about it via email, but they didn't answer the question. Does anyone here possibly have any experience with these sleeve eagles?

W.S.

Post by W.S. » 10 May 2021, 22:18

OK, then. Can anyone tell me how far down on the sleeve the patch should sit?

WehrmachtSoldat

Post by WehrmachtSoldat » 10 May 2023, 05:35

So to the guy that has the sleeve eagle, there are many ways you can fold it and cut it out without the thread being a major issue. If you are into reenactment I’d ask your unit commander or a fellow member of your unit. If you aren’t an actual reenactor, then I’d get in contact with them via email or Facebook. Send a picture of it and ask them to show you how it’s done. Or you can have them maybe send a video of them doing the process and then doing it yourself. Also I saw someone’s video online of them reviewing their M40 tunic from Military Harbor and they said they like it a lot. If there’s anything else I’d be happy to answer it

W.S.

Post by W.S. » 10 May 2023, 18:51

WehrmachtSoldat wrote:
10 May 2023, 05:35
So to the guy that has the sleeve eagle, there are many ways you can fold it and cut it out without the thread being a major issue. If you are into reenactment I’d ask your unit commander or a fellow member of your unit. If you aren’t an actual reenactor, then I’d get in contact with them via email or Facebook. Send a picture of it and ask them to show you how it’s done. Or you can have them maybe send a video of them doing the process and then doing it yourself. Also I saw someone’s video online of them reviewing their M40 tunic from Military Harbor and they said they like it a lot. If there’s anything else I’d be happy to answer it
Thanks for your reply! I'm not into reenactment, though. That said, I was totally new at this and I shouldn't have bought the sleeve eagle you have to fold in the first place. Instead I got the kind that's already complete.

Return to “Reenactment”