Reenactment Groups in my Area

Discussions on all aspects of WW1, WW2 and Inter-War Era reenactment.
Obi44

Reenactment Groups in my Area

Post by Obi44 » 14 Apr 2023 16:33

My first post on this specific board is regarding nearby reenactment groups. Are there any units (nation really doesn't matter, I just need to know what I'm working with here) in the southern Indiana region? If so, a pointer to a website or member would be a great help as I would really love something semi-local.
Obi

DarkWind

Re: Reenactment Groups in my Area

Post by DarkWind » 16 Nov 2023 22:35

Have you found any units? Reenacting is not very popular in my area, so I reached out to a group and got very rude reply. They didn't sign a name, so I have no idea who I was communicating with. Whoever it was, was extremely rude to my polite inquiry and for whatever reason, felt he or she had some sort of authority to tell me that I couldn't form a new unit without their permission. This is one of the reasons I've never reached out to any organizations before. When you exert more time and effort into dealing with organization politics or lack of self-awareness than pursuing the hobby, what's the point of being a part of one short of liability and insurance issues?

sabatonman3

Re: Reenactment Groups in my Area

Post by sabatonman3 » 28 Nov 2023 15:38

Hi, just wanted to know if yu have any german reenactment groups that a 13-14 year old could join. Thanks, sabatonman3

Return to “Reenactment”