Show us your reenactment photos!

Discussions on all aspects of WW1, WW2 and Inter-War Era reenactment.
Von Schwerin

Post by Von Schwerin » 06 Mar 2007, 02:51

Let me get this straight please.....

You toast ADOLF HITLER?

You actually propose and drink a toast to ADOLF HITLER???????

Why?

norbert biber

Post by norbert biber » 06 Mar 2007, 04:42

Hello.It was all done very tongue in cheek humor ok...we ended up toasting everyone,even the Kaiser....also as with all this stuff we do...its not real. By reenacting and saying the same things they would have done ,does not mean we feel the exact same on all issues.We give the authentic salute too as we are protraying an SS unit. Im pretty sure there is not a real Nazi amongst us in our unit. It also dosnt bother me to wear the pre-war SSVT uniforms they wore. If it offends others then I can not help that and thank God and the US Military for the freedoms I have to do all of the above.
I also respect and support your right to believe and feel whatsoever you choose too,thanks...Norbert

Sturmvogel.

Post by Sturmvogel. » 06 Mar 2007, 10:06

Von Schwerin... let me get this straight... you run around in ww2 german uniforms or drive around in ww2 german armor?? does it have a swastika on it? 8O

you aim your ww2 german guns at allied soldiers and prentend to kill them?

its a re-enactment!
Attachments
c1ea[1].jpg
c1ea[1].jpg (35.04 KiB) Viewed 2313 times

Sturmvogel.

Post by Sturmvogel. » 06 Mar 2007, 10:11

sorry, in reference to that photo; that was taken from a yahoo group site for the pnwhg of which i was/am a part of the heer unit. i dont know who took the photo but i am sorry if you are offended that it was posted and i or im sure the moderator will remove it apon request.

sturmvogel.

Von Schwerin

Post by Von Schwerin » 06 Mar 2007, 12:02

Let the flames start!
Make all the excuses you want - you can not divert away from the fact...... Dress up.... sing songs...... tote shooting irons...... play soldiers..... OK -

But to toast ADOLF HITLER (and I knew the answer would be "we did it in fun") is hero worship of a very dubious ilk
Would you toast Tim Mcveigh? LH Oswald? - In Fun?
Stalin? Pol Pot? Just for a laugh?

Shut up fellas..... Faux pas committed...... Don't deepen it by justifying it....

At your next re-enactment event please ensure you toast the victims of WWII.... all 63 million of them. and then take just a moment or two's silence to reflect who signed the order to roll over the first border...

I'm not offended boys - I'm outraged. Now this IS a photo thread so I'll shut up.

Sturmvogel.

Post by Sturmvogel. » 06 Mar 2007, 13:47

'we did it in fun' simple straightforwardness not good enough for you? would you prefer the answer 'we did it cuz we were really really serious' or 'we did it cuz we feel hitler is worthy of praise' or perhaps '63million people? go hitler!' ?? 'yay tim mcveigh, cheers guys!' i can play your childish games too.

von maybe you need to realise that your limitations or borders are not everyones limitations or borders. now i know you enjoy a moral highground where you sit but f*** off already... no one needs your policeing. i can just smell what youre gonna say next too... 'oh well then why dont we all just start re-enacting concentration camp executions!' which is of course LUDICROUS and alot further from mockingly toasting to hitler than im sure you want to make us believe. nobody here is proud of the fact that 63 million people had to die because of the war.

besides... most people died in that war as a result of the fighting men whome youre re-enacting along with all the rest of us.. artillery, blockades, bombings, house to house fighting, partisans from occupied countries fighting other partisans... chew on that.

ps. have you even looked at that photo of hitler on the jeep!? you think we mean business?

Von Schwerin

Post by Von Schwerin » 06 Mar 2007, 17:54

"Prick me do I not Bleed?"
I said I'd shut up and I have..... Continue to embarrass yourself StVgl.... You know and I know - not even in fun do you toast Adoilf Hitler - It's like toasting Bin Laden "for fun"....
Your flames are not even touching the paintwork.. I have no moral high ground - I'm not playing games childish or otherwise. I'm not policing - you ought to do that yourselves.... Some things we can do - somethings we KNOW we didn't ought to.... No one says we can't..... but we plain shouldn't - should we? Or it causes crap like this...... doesn't it?

DarExc

Post by DarExc » 06 Mar 2007, 21:30

I'd be pretty pissed if someone toasted Hitler around me. Same with pretty much every German veteran I've met, including SS. If the German soldiers had the freedom then we have today, they'd probably have shot the bastard, not toasted him. That kind of thing is the reason a lot of allied reenactors view a lot of axis reenactors and even some Wehrmacht reenactors see SS reenactors, as nuts. I'm glad I know enough to know it's not ture, for the most part, but the image it sends is not good.

Some photos of my own personal winter event. Had to take these after our winter event because Drew and his SS lackies were too self centred to use all their digital film on pictures of me and my new baby :P
Last edited by DarExc on 07 Mar 2007, 07:40, edited 1 time in total.

Heersoldat

Post by Heersoldat » 06 Mar 2007, 23:57

Das Heer at the UK Ostfront event Feb07

RK

Post by RK » 07 Mar 2007, 01:35

Love the snow pic's, oh and the G43 :P

pzrwest

pic resize

Post by pzrwest » 07 Mar 2007, 13:16

Nick89 if you want to resize a pic I use Paintshop Pro to re-size pics. I open the pic with PSP then select image tab and select resize. When that window opens I choose the size I want the pic. I resized your pic by selecting the height of 600 and with the maintain aspect ratio turned on it also adjusts the width as well then I resaved the pic and here is the result. You can also crop the pic, or turn it into a B&W pic as well here it is resized, in B&W, and finally cropped. Hope this helped
Attachments
soldat3_292d.jpg
soldat3_292d.jpg (16.01 KiB) Viewed 2018 times
soldat3_292c.jpg
soldat3_292c.jpg (48.16 KiB) Viewed 2019 times
soldat3_292b.jpg
soldat3_292b.jpg (52.82 KiB) Viewed 2019 times

pzrwest

Post by pzrwest » 07 Mar 2007, 13:22

Nice pics Dar. Nice new rifle as well looks great!

soldat_m56

Re: pic resize

Post by soldat_m56 » 07 Mar 2007, 17:57

pzrwest wrote:Nick89 if you want to resize a pic I use Paintshop Pro to re-size pics. I open the pic with PSP then select image tab and select resize. When that window opens I choose the size I want the pic. I resized your pic by selecting the height of 600 and with the maintain aspect ratio turned on it also adjusts the width as well then I resaved the pic and here is the result. You can also crop the pic, or turn it into a B&W pic as well here it is resized, in B&W, and finally cropped. Hope this helped
I have PictureIt! Express. The photo I posted is a cropped picture. I just does not reduce the overall size. I can mess with tinting and b&w, but that is about it.

norbert biber

Burning paintings and heathen toasts

Post by norbert biber » 07 Mar 2007, 22:51

OMG !!!! You know what else we did that weekend....we pretended to be shooting and killing each other !!! Horrid !
Sorry, but I resolved all my moral issues associated with WWII Germany long ago and at least Im not a hipocrite by picking and choosing what I think we should and shouldnt reenact as soldiers.If you collect the stuff or reenact WWII German than we are all in the same boat.Hitler was the head and cause of it all theres no way around that.I dont idolize or worship him at all,but would for the sake of authenticity toast Der Fuhrer again if the occasion arose.
The people that were offended please feel free to toast whomever you please and we will do the same....have fun,dont take yourself and the hobby so seriously..its supposed to be fun and lots of people seem to go way out of their way to make it not so.

pzrwest

Post by pzrwest » 07 Mar 2007, 23:09

does Pictureit have a re-size option that allows you top select the size? I'll check out pictureit and see if it does

Return to “Reenactment”