Show us your reenactment photos!

Discussions on all aspects of WW1, WW2 and Inter-War Era reenactment.
Mak Los Mien Schnitzel

Post by Mak Los Mien Schnitzel » 26 Jul 2003, 08:40

Ernest wrote:Wow... forget the asian guy... look what is in the background. Hey that isn't one of the inflatable tanks is it??? That is really nice -- okay, okay and so is the asian dude -- he's kool too. Any more pics of the KOOL tank? Cheers, Ernest
Inflatable? Wha...????

C'mon guys, there must be more pictures about!

Mak Los Mien Schnitzel

Post by Mak Los Mien Schnitzel » 26 Jul 2003, 08:48

Champymiddle wrote:I was wondering how one can attain an officers rank during reenactments
Not sure about this one, I know you can get awards for services to the group. eg. The Tank commander, the one with the headphones and leather jacket got a Ek1 (iron cross 1st class) the weekend before for just that reason.

I know you have to start off as bog standard infantry with no decorations but this is dependant on the group you're with and their rules.

As for how long it takes to build a t-55. Not long I guess with Spielberg's money behind you!

Ebusitanus

Post by Ebusitanus » 26 Jul 2003, 13:08

:lol:
The funky part of many reenactor´s impression is the open interpretation of what constitutes autenticity.

That guy seems to be wearing a converted east german tunic, seems to have a East German belt buckle, carries his mobile phone on his belt.

and what about all this camo? facial hair and unperiod eyeglasses?

Yes, I do a more authentic approach to reenactment and feel bad when some ppl just think about spending into their harware (weapons) and come to the field with a mediocre impression.

Mak Los Mien Schnitzel

Post by Mak Los Mien Schnitzel » 26 Jul 2003, 16:01

Ebusitanus wrote::lol:
The funky part of many reenactor´s impression is the open interpretation of what constitutes autenticity.

That guy seems to be wearing a converted east german tunic, seems to have a East German belt buckle, carries his mobile phone on his belt.

and what about all this camo? facial hair and unperiod eyeglasses?

Yes, I do a more authentic approach to reenactment and feel bad when some ppl just think about spending into their harware (weapons) and come to the field with a mediocre impression.
Mate, forgive me if I'm coming on a bit strong but, if you'd bothered to READ the previous posts you'd worked out:

1) I am in Airsoft and not a proper reenactor.
2) I was not "performing" when I had the TWO WAY RADIO on my belt, the show has over 3000 stalls and I might've lost my friend who was also there.
3) READ THE POST (on page 2) THAT MADE REFERENCES TO PROOF (ie PHOTOS) OF GERMANS IN CAMO.

also:

A) You are very naive if you think there were opportunities to SHAVE FOR a soldier every morning. I have at least a dozen genuine pictures of WW2 afrika corp or other wehrmacht which have beards.

B) Converted east german tunics are an accepted standard amongst some reenactors as tunic colours during ww2 varied greatly depending on what region of europe manufactured the tunics on behalf of the Reich.

I'll post some pics of all the above examples as soon as my digi camera is repaired :)
Last edited by Mak Los Mien Schnitzel on 26 Jul 2003, 22:42, edited 1 time in total.

Mak Los Mien Schnitzel

MOUSTASH!!!!!

Post by Mak Los Mien Schnitzel » 26 Jul 2003, 16:11

Heres a Museum photo of a WW2 mountain sniper with a BIG FAT HAIRY MOE
Attachments
MOUSTASH.jpg
MOUSTASH.jpg (65.89 KiB) Viewed 11939 times
Last edited by Mak Los Mien Schnitzel on 26 Jul 2003, 18:28, edited 1 time in total.

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix » 26 Jul 2003, 17:07

Thanks Mak for bringing up the topic of WWII re-enactment. I'm off to my first WWII re-enactment event next weekend-right here in my home town.

I'll be doing a basic civilian impression, and attending as volunteer event staff, but I do plan on taking the digital camera along, so I should have some pictures to add.

And if anyone is attending the Battle of the Hedges at Fort Custer next weekend, look me up at Registration, give the secret TRF gang sign by bending your fingers into a hakenkreuz (hey, if my friend Norman can spell out 'blood' with his fingers, anything is possible) so I can get a picture.

Mak Los Mien Schnitzel

Post by Mak Los Mien Schnitzel » 26 Jul 2003, 18:32

More pics the better :)

Is Springfield your home town then? As in the birthplace of the M1 Garand?

COOOLLLL

CHRISCHA

Post by CHRISCHA » 26 Jul 2003, 21:28

CHRISCHA wrote:Were you at the war and peace show?
Well?

Mak Los Mien Schnitzel

Re: Show us your reenactment photos!

Post by Mak Los Mien Schnitzel » 26 Jul 2003, 21:55

Chrischa wrote:Well?
Chrischa, firstly I PM'd you about the show, then there's this...my first post on this thread incidentally.
Mak Los Mien Schnitzel wrote:.... I'll put on a couple of me dressed up at the recent War and Peace show (but doomed only to spectatorship!)....
Need any more more clues :) ?

Mak Los Mien Schnitzel

A small selection of WW2 reenactor's gear sold WITH CAMO.

Post by Mak Los Mien Schnitzel » 26 Jul 2003, 22:31

WW2 pictures to come but meanwhile here are 2 reputable sites selling splinter camo trousers, that i can only assume, according to Ebusitanus' comment:
Ebusitanus wrote::lol:
and what about all this camo?...
are not "period" wear. If this is the case then he is incorrect.

http://www.lostbattalions.com/WHSplinterBlouse.html

http://www.1944militaria.com/parka%20trousers.htm

With respect mate, I think too many reenacting societies assume what is worn on parade is what is worn in the field and drill it into their members that this is so. You might have been a victim of this.
Ebusitanus wrote: Yes, I do a more authentic approach to reenactment and feel bad when some ppl just think about spending into their harware (weapons) and come to the field with a mediocre impression.
I feel bad too when people stereotype German outfits as being ONLY of a certain kind, with little or no knowledge about the subject and then correct others about outfits that they put equal effort into procuring, assuming that they put absolutely no thought into it themselves.
Attachments
spinltaparka.jpg
Hmm... I wonder what trousers are worn with these... :lol:
spinltaparka.jpg (34.38 KiB) Viewed 11896 times
Last edited by Mak Los Mien Schnitzel on 27 Jul 2003, 17:58, edited 1 time in total.

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix » 27 Jul 2003, 16:49

Mak Los Mien Schnitzel wrote:More pics the better :)

Is Springfield your home town then? As in the birthplace of the M1 Garand?

COOOLLLL
Actually, that's Springfield, Massachusetts where the M1 Garand was born, not Springfield, Michigan.

I don't think much was born here.

CHRISCHA

Re: Show us your reenactment photos!

Post by CHRISCHA » 27 Jul 2003, 18:10

Mak Los Mien Schnitzel wrote:
Chrischa wrote:Well?
Chrischa, firstly I PM'd you about the show, then there's this...my first post on this thread incidentally.
Mak Los Mien Schnitzel wrote:.... I'll put on a couple of me dressed up at the recent War and Peace show (but doomed only to spectatorship!)....
Need any more more clues :) ?
You expect me to realise from just that? :)

When I get photos developed I'll see if i can somehow add them to this thread. (Don't have a scanner).

Leibstandarte_reenactor

Post by Leibstandarte_reenactor » 27 Jul 2003, 21:18

i dont know who asked but i am a Waffen SS living history re-enactor
any quewstions on re-enacting check my units webpage at
http://www.lssah.com

CHRISCHA

Post by CHRISCHA » 27 Jul 2003, 21:24

I have to agree with Mak Los Mien Schnitzel. The effort to look the part goes a long way to impressing the audience, even those with little or no knowledge.
We all pretty much agree the German WW2 uniform looks the nuts, and so would the audience especially seen for the first time.

The feeling to know ones self that you look right must be worth all the effort.

Mak Los Mien Schnitzel

Airsoft outfits

Post by Mak Los Mien Schnitzel » 27 Jul 2003, 22:10

Guys,

Just in case you're interested, and to show that Airsofters are sticklers for authenticity (to a point) :wink: , here are some pictures of members that will be at the South Wales (England), WW2 day in September, you're already seen my outfit in the first post of this thread.

Obviously Russians playing with Americans & British might be hard to swallow for some purists but ... hey, it makes for variety, and in its own way loads of fun. Yes all these weapons shoot plastic BBs at high velocity, some fully automatic/semi and some, as in the k98, bolt action, single shot.

Oh and before someone quizzes me, all of us have to wear eye protection, nothing beats "authenticity", nothing except going blind when a bb hits you in the eye at 300 feet per second 8O
Attachments
para.jpg
para.jpg (87.13 KiB) Viewed 11827 times
ruskie1.jpg
ruskie1.jpg (31.73 KiB) Viewed 11827 times
waffenss.jpg
waffenss.jpg (70.46 KiB) Viewed 11828 times

Return to “Reenactment”