Show us your reenactment photos!

Discussions on all aspects of WW1, WW2 and Inter-War Era reenactment.
Champymiddle
Banned

Post by Champymiddle » 28 Jul 2003, 06:50

Yeah i've been hit by a BB gun at point blank range and it almost went into my eye :oops:

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix » 28 Jul 2003, 08:50

found this on another forum (famous last words, I know)...

big reenactors page

K.Kocjancic

Post by K.Kocjancic » 28 Jul 2003, 09:08

Do you reenactors wear protective mask for face or not? If BB-ball hits you in the eye (what almost happend to our brother Champymiddle), that wouldn't be good. Or do you have regulations (no aiming to heads)?

Regards,
Kocjo

Champymiddle
Banned

Post by Champymiddle » 28 Jul 2003, 09:50

hehe this was not during reenacting it was at school. Some idiot decided to play "hands up" and shot at me (not realising it was loaded)

Champymiddle
Banned

Post by Champymiddle » 28 Jul 2003, 09:55

lol that website is funny :lol:

Mak Los Mien Schnitzel

Re: Airsoft outfits

Post by Mak Los Mien Schnitzel » 28 Jul 2003, 18:27

Mak Los Mien Schnitzel wrote:Guys,
Oh and before someone quizzes me, all of us have to wear eye protection, nothing beats "authenticity", nothing except going blind when a bb hits you in the eye at 300 feet per second 8O
Kocjo, I trust this answers your question. Full face protection is recommended but (IMHO) not necessary unless there are kids about or if you are in Close Quarters, ie in a building. I wear proper airsoft plastic goggles. (not glass as they might shatter!)

Kids tend to shoot like mad wherever you are and in side the bbs bounce & richochet like crazy. "Experienced" airsofters will call you hit if you are very close and the gun is pointed at you.

At medium range, eg. 25 meters or so, most bbs will sting slightly when they strike your face but no enough to scratch or bleed.

As for the ... er .. big guys on "big reenactors page" I'm cutting down on the cornish pasties NOW!

PAK

Post by PAK » 28 Jul 2003, 18:51

After taking a break from his Star Wars Career, Jabba the Hut has been sighted manning the top of this German halftrack
:lol: :lol: :lol: this site is fuuunnnnyyy.

CHRISCHA

Post by CHRISCHA » 28 Jul 2003, 19:33

So how much is a BB firing K98?

K.Kocjancic

Re: Airsoft outfits

Post by K.Kocjancic » 28 Jul 2003, 19:35

Mak Los Mien Schnitzel wrote:Kocjo, I trust this answers your question. Full face protection is recommended but (IMHO) not necessary unless there are kids about or if you are in Close Quarters, ie in a building. I wear proper airsoft plastic goggles. (not glass as they might shatter!)

Kids tend to shoot like mad wherever you are and in side the bbs bounce & richochet like crazy. "Experienced" airsofters will call you hit if you are very close and the gun is pointed at you.

At medium range, eg. 25 meters or so, most bbs will sting slightly when they strike your face but no enough to scratch or bleed.
Thanks!
Regards,
Kocjo

Mak Los Mien Schnitzel

Post by Mak Los Mien Schnitzel » 28 Jul 2003, 19:51

CHRISCHA wrote:So how much is a BB firing K98?
dunno, but some guy tried to sell his on the airsoft forums for £400.

Needless to say, he got no takers!

The Airsoft site is here:
http://forums.ukairsoft.net

The WW2 area of airsoft is discussed, very robustly, here:
http://forums.ukairsoft.net/forumdispla ... orumid=179

If you're bored, my website (including an rather soapboxy introduction about airsoft :) ) is here:
http://members.lycos.co.uk/crookintheguts1/index.html

Weiss Wurst

Post by Weiss Wurst » 29 Jul 2003, 10:05

:lol: That was the funniest thing I've seen in awhile and I can just see those kind of reenactors at many events.

Incidentally I have been interested in getting started in such a group here in the US, but don't really know the best route to take.

Years ago I reenacted in a group called the S.C.A. we always poked fun at the people called "fun mavins" who did not care so much about authenticity of dress, while we went to great lengths to improve our own dress. 8O

We also took great joy in what we called "freaking the mundanes" a mundane being a non reenactor.. usually by going to a very public place in full garb. eg: McDonalds, Movie theatre, etc..

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix » 29 Jul 2003, 14:30

Weiss Wurst wrote:Incidentally I have been interested in getting started in such a group here in the US, but don't really know the best route to take.

Years ago I reenacted in a group called the S.C.A. we always poked fun at the people called "fun mavins" who did not care so much about authenticity of dress, while we went to great lengths to improve our own dress. 8O

We also took great joy in what we called "freaking the mundanes" a mundane being a non reenactor.. usually by going to a very public place in full garb. eg: McDonalds, Movie theatre, etc..
I'm also a former SCAdian, remember what we called people who poked fun at the people who believed in recreation, not re-creation? Authenticity Nazis :P

My favorite freaking out the mundanes memory is going to a chinese restaurant in East Lansing, MI with a contingent from House Ironwolf, a group of rather large fighters, most of whom were dressed in Viking garb. We were the only customers in the place (it was late for lunch, early for dinner), and somewhere along the way (after a few strong cocktails with fruit garnishes and umbrellas) someone started chanting "Spam, spam, spam, spam"...the good old days.

You might want to check out this site: http://www.20thctsg.org/. These are the people putting on the event I'm going to this weekend, they have a list of units in the midwest.

WaffenSoldat

Post by WaffenSoldat » 30 Jul 2003, 08:32

I really have enjoyed reenacting. During the late 80's and early 90's I was a part of the Historical Reenactment Society of the 36th Infantry Divison (based in Texas). The group at that time mostly had American and German units. It was very large then.
I was a part of the 12th SS "HJ" and we had about 18 members. We had a very authentic impression at the time, and what really helped our impression was that a majority of us were still in High School. I wish I still had those pictures to share with you all.
I think one of the most exciting reenactments was when a man (I dont remember his name), let me borrow his MP44. That is an awesome gun. I had so much fun shooting that gun! I still want one to this day.
The guy had some very nice weapons. One included his own prize, a FG42. Maybe one day I will remember his name.

Chris

Squee

Phoenix...

Post by Squee » 30 Jul 2003, 10:50

Are you going to take pictures at the event? And if you do, are you gonna post them?

Squee!

Weiss Wurst

Post by Weiss Wurst » 30 Jul 2003, 20:08

Ah the good old days of Spam Spam SPam. :)

Thanks for the link on your group, but I think perhaps MI is a bit of a drive for an event. :\ It would be like trying to go to Pennsic war. Still, it may be the closest thus far. DO you know of any large groups in IL?

Return to “Reenactment”