The last platoon reenactment

Discussions on all aspects of WW1, WW2 and Inter-War Era reenactment.
Mak Los Mien Schnitzel

The last platoon reenactment

Post by Mak Los Mien Schnitzel » 20 Jan 2004, 20:11

Not quite reenactment, but along with this crazy Bastogne thing is my following idea. Anybody interested please PM me.

Combat South (near Southampton, England) is an Airsoft in Woodland forest, with village buildings (6), bridge & radio shack.

Weapons for hire are Ak-47s and M4s (modern M-16s)

Here's what I've proposed:

The Night:
------------
Site owner picks an area that we can dig in. I will dig a foxhole for myself to sleep in. Any holes will be filled in after skirmishing the next day. Others who want to come can either do similar or pitch tents.

The idea is to camp out in conditions similar to a "Bastogne" like area dig in and wait for an attack the next morning.

the Day:
-----------
I was thinking that we can be some left-over unit of Volkstruppen (cobbletogether group) who didn't surrender after 1945 and remained combat ready. A scenario could be set a year or two later, say in 1947 where an American led squad can come to flush us out of an isolated bunker deep in the forest.

This will be able to accomodate both period and modern uniforms nicely. And will be able to explain the ak-47s!

Ok a bit far-fetched, but it will be fun :)

it will be either on 25th January or 8 Feb.

Cost will be £40 per head including green fee, gun hire, all protective gear, ammunition and bbq lunch.

And NO, Airsoft hurts a lot LESS than paintball with no stains!

Return to “Reenactment”