Reichskanzlei Thread

Discussions on the propaganda, architecture and culture in the Third Reich.
palaisfan

Re: Reichskanzlei Thread

Post by palaisfan » 17 Mar 2017, 02:19

So the conclusion seems to be that it is not real. But I seriously wonder. I have dug into the Old Chancellery interior a good bit, and have not seen those photos at that angle before. The familiar stock photos from the December 1930 Extension completion, or the Troost May 1934 completion are at different angles. Those look like amateur shots of those rooms.

Some of the pictures also have the furtive quality you might expect with Eva taking pictures. However Sejanus's link indicates that the writing on the album is not Eva's, so it is unnecessary to assume that. Still, its rather interesting how narrow the year range each picture seems to fall into is.

Mannheim

Post by Mannheim » 28 Apr 2017, 13:06

Anyone have any thoughts about this photo I found on Pinterest? It appears to be a Russian assault gun (SU 85 or whatever) in the Ministry Gardens with the glasshouse/orangerie in the background. I think I can make out a faint Balkan Cross on the side so I'm guessing a captured SU 85 in a defensive position, given that it's rear is pointed towards the glasshouse. I can only imagine it got into the Ministry Gardens through a hole in the wall on Hermann-Goeringstrasse? The soldiers appear to be British so I'm guessing the photo was taken after the Russians allowed a number of their allies into the Chancellery grounds.
Attachments
Assault gun.jpg
Kein Irrtum ist so groß, der nicht seinen Zuhörer hat.

sobel

Post by sobel » 30 Apr 2017, 08:50

ghostsoldier wrote:I believe that's Goering climbing into the MB. :)

Rob
I thought that when I saw it

Sobel
Attachments
Untitled-1 copy.JPG

palaisfan

Post by palaisfan » 07 May 2017, 02:27

Mannheim wrote:Anyone have any thoughts about this photo I found on Pinterest? It appears to be a Russian assault gun (SU 85 or whatever) in the Ministry Gardens with the glasshouse/orangerie in the background. I think I can make out a faint Balkan Cross on the side so I'm guessing a captured SU 85 in a defensive position, given that it's rear is pointed towards the glasshouse. I can only imagine it got into the Ministry Gardens through a hole in the wall on Hermann-Goeringstrasse? The soldiers appear to be British so I'm guessing the photo was taken after the Russians allowed a number of their allies into the Chancellery grounds.
Mannheim,

That's a striking photograph, but that is not the so-called orangerie in the Reichskanzlei grounds. Its one of those other modern buildings put up in that time frame, maybe even late Weimar. It looks familiar, but it is not how the blasted orangerie/glasshouse would look. Notice that those windows don't go as far down toward the ground. It almost looks like Air Ministry architecture but seems the wrong scale. One longshot is it could be the seldom seen northern side of the orangerie (maybe it looked different?) , but surely we would see the long garden facade in the background if so?

Gorque

Post by Gorque » 17 May 2017, 17:36

Hi All:

This is a great thread.

I found a site that has many compilation films. I did a search for Reichskanzlei and came up with 38 hits of video footage that includes the Reichskanzlei.

I'm not sure if any of these have been posted before.

http://www.archiv-akh.de/filme?utf-8=%E ... skanzlei#1

Max

Post by Max » 18 May 2017, 02:32

palaisfan wrote:
Mannheim wrote:Anyone have any thoughts about this photo I found on Pinterest? It appears to be a Russian assault gun (SU 85 or whatever) in the Ministry Gardens with the glasshouse/orangerie in the background. I think I can make out a faint Balkan Cross on the side so I'm guessing a captured SU 85 in a defensive position, given that it's rear is pointed towards the glasshouse. I can only imagine it got into the Ministry Gardens through a hole in the wall on Hermann-Goeringstrasse? The soldiers appear to be British so I'm guessing the photo was taken after the Russians allowed a number of their allies into the Chancellery grounds.
Mannheim,

That's a striking photograph, but that is not the so-called orangerie in the Reichskanzlei grounds. Its one of those other modern buildings put up in that time frame, maybe even late Weimar. It looks familiar, but it is not how the blasted orangerie/glasshouse would look. Notice that those windows don't go as far down toward the ground. It almost looks like Air Ministry architecture but seems the wrong scale. One longshot is it could be the seldom seen northern side of the orangerie (maybe it looked different?) , but surely we would see the long garden facade in the background if so?

This site captions the image as "Тиргартен./Tiergarten"
[scroll to second last pic]
http://foto-history.livejournal.com/5854673.html
Could that be the Siegessäule /Victory Column showing through the window? [fifth panel from the left / second down]
. . Maybe not

EDIT
On looking at the site again I see that the caption [Тиргартен] refers to the picture below, not our pic which is captioned СУ-100. [good[ish] call Mannheim]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SU-100
Greetings from the Wide Brown.

Mannheim

Post by Mannheim » 24 May 2017, 03:20

I'm probably the only person in the world who gives a rat's arse about this but I think I have found the answer to the question I posed here:
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=126282&p=1746571&h ... s#p1746571
While working on my blog this morning I found a photo (below) in which the woman at centre right appears to be pushing a barrow (possibly containing firewood especially if the photo was taken in late 1945). I'll sleep well tonight:
Attachments
Voss 2.jpg
Pretty sure it's not a Tardis ...

Max

Post by Max » 24 May 2017, 05:49

Mannheim wrote:I'm probably the only person in the world who gives a rat's arse about this but I think I have found the answer to the question I posed here:
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=126282&p=1746571&h ... s#p1746571
While working on my blog this morning I found a photo (below) in which the woman at centre right appears to be pushing a barrow (possibly containing firewood especially if the photo was taken in late 1945). I'll sleep well tonight:
Here is another [enlarged?] shot of the original where you now see the four wheels more clearly.
The vehicle seems to have open ends and solid or curtained sides. The new pic has open sides all around.
Definitely not the Tardis -unless of course, that chronic police box glitch was finally fixed] :roll:

Is this it again?
http://feldgrau.info/index.php/2010-09- ... hitcount=0

Mannheim

Post by Mannheim » 25 May 2017, 00:31

Excellent photos, Max! I am convinced that both photos show the same type of trolley. The one in the second photo (the Soviet officers) appears to be the same type of thing I used to push around in Roselands (shopping centre) when I worked as a cleaner: metal framework (on wheels) into which you could place a canvas liner or wooden box. Either that or the one the woman is pushing is the AMG model.
Great link too. Thanks for sharing!

Max

Post by Max » 25 May 2017, 02:25

AMG model ??

Mannheim

Post by Mannheim » 25 May 2017, 08:31

AMG is the performance arm of Mercedes Benz, Max.

Max

Post by Max » 25 May 2017, 08:39

Mannheim wrote:AMG is the performance arm of Mercedes Benz, Max.
OK - I get it.
I was thinking AMG -Analog Manufaktur Germany and couldn't see the connection.

Pumuckel

Post by Pumuckel » 14 Jun 2017, 13:50

Just found this interesting webpage about the Reich Chancellery: http://www.reichskanzlei-3d.de

Did somebody watch some of the videos shown there? I am wondering if it is worth buying some of them.

Br. James

Post by Br. James » 23 Jun 2017, 16:41

While we have all seen many photos of the interior of the main floor of the New Reichschancellery -- though I still don't know where the various Reichsleiters' and Adjutants' offices were in relation to Hitler's vast office -- has anyone ever seen any photos of the upper floors of the New Rreichschancellery, or of the vast basement and garage levels? Even now, over 70 years after the fact, we remain ignorant of those areas that were probably off-limits to most of the general public. And it would be very nice to have a complete list of all of the departmental offices that resided in that building, as well. Any help out there...??

Many thanks,

Br. James

Christoph Neubauer

Post by Christoph Neubauer » 23 Jun 2017, 18:15

Mister S wrote:
I have ripped all three onto my computer, so if you would like I could provide a download link for you via PM to any of the three videos (I'll have to upload them first). :D
I might suggest also supporting the creator by means of a donation if you like the videos, or you could just buy them outright.
Hello Mister S
I am the creator of the videos you are so generously offering here free of charge. This is classic. It must feel great to give something away free of charge. However, it is also very easy if it is not yours. I have spent years of work and tons of money in creating these films. People always ask me how long it will still take until the interior of the Chancellery is released on DVD too, the answer is, it will not because people like you RIP my films and hand them out to others who do not even want to spend 3.95 Euros to watch them on VoD.
Why do you think I have not released anything new for more than eight years? It is because of people like you!
I have finished the whole interior of the Old - and New Reich Chancellery already. You can walk even through the entire building yourself, inside a game engine; see all the official and unofficial rooms of the Reich Chancellery, the bunkers, basement, tunnels, gardens and the Fuhrers apartment.
It would be so easy for me to publish my work online. So that people can experience and discover the entire building as they wish. Walk around and open doors. They could book different tours and getting all the backgrounds from 3d- animated guides specialized in different topics and all this via the internet watching it on their screens or oculus rift.
However, if I would do this, I already know it would only take days until people like you RiP the content and hand the 3d models out, or sell them.
So how would I ever get paid for 15 years of work and research?
Nothing is free if it comes to proper research. Do you think I got my (more than 13.000) photos and construction plans of the Chancellery in my private archive donated? Do you think I will be able to continue to go to Bundesarchiv in Berlin and copy the files regarding the constructions of the Chancellery? I have to pay for all of that because archives do not accept donations. They invoice you big time!
Because of this, it is that people like you stop me from releasing my work of the past eight years. Too sad that some people will never understand that a creator does not need donations, if he is paid fairly for his work.
Because of this, I am planning to open a VR arcade in the US where people can tour the chancellery using headsets like oculus rift. Therefore, if you would like to see one day the interior of the Reich Chancellery, rather ask people to help me to find a partner to open a VR arcade, then offering my videos free to the people who are still willing to pay for my films, and by doing so, keeping my project alive!

Regards

Christoph Neubauer

http://www.atelier-neubauer.de
http://www.reichskanzlei-3d.de

Return to “Propaganda, Culture & Architecture”