Carinhall Thread

Discussions on the propaganda, architecture and culture in the Third Reich.
Mister S

Carinhall Thread

Post by Mister S » 20 Jul 2017, 18:54

The Carinhall was certainly one of the most luxurious homes in the Third Reich, even being fitted with an air conditioning system. Does anybody have a diagram of the interior layout of the complex, or any interesting unseen pictures?

I believe the following photos depict Hermann Göring's Office.

Max

Re: Carinhall Thread

Post by Max » 21 Jul 2017, 03:17

Mister S wrote:The Carinhall was certainly one of the most luxurious homes in the Third Reich, even being fitted with an air conditioning system. Does anybody have a diagram of the interior layout of the complex, or any interesting unseen pictures?

https://www.quora.com/How-can-I-find-an ... -Carinhall

http://brandenburg.rz.htw-berlin.de/carinhall.html
Carinhall 1945.JPG
Carinhall 1945.JPG (37.97 KiB) Viewed 7413 times
Carinhall  proposed.JPG
Carinhall proposed.JPG (46.52 KiB) Viewed 7413 times
http://brandenburg.rz.htw-berlin.de/carinhall.html
Greetings from the Wide Brown.

Br. James

Post by Br. James » 31 Jul 2017, 18:04

Great schematics -- thanks so much for sharing them! I look forward to seeing other interior and exterior photos of the complex in use.

Br. James

J. Duncan

Post by J. Duncan » 04 Aug 2017, 09:33

Thanks for posting some of these interesting maps. I'm confused about what the area looked like then as to now. When Goering had his buildings there, one of the maps above show the area as a peninsula (2nd map down, above) but today the Wuckersee is landlocked (google maps). Did this area get filled in? Maybe a road got built through?

Max

Post by Max » 05 Aug 2017, 08:23

There probably always was a road passing by along the narrow neck of land separating the two lakes.
If you look at that second map you will notice that the land does not terminate as a peninsular.
See edited screen shot from Google Earth.
CARINHALL Google Earth.jpg

J. Duncan

Post by J. Duncan » 05 Aug 2017, 12:34

Thanks Max for posting the google maps image. I see what you mean about your map above. I did not see that the "neck" area goes into the side of the page.

GregSingh

Post by GregSingh » 06 Aug 2017, 04:01

Let's start from the beginning!

Here is a map of early Carinhall (ca. 1934) showing estate's gate on far top right, Carin's memorial on Wuckersee bank, boat houses on Großdöllnsee bank, and finally estate buildings (among them - original hunting lodge).
Carinhall 1934.jpg
Carinhall ca. 1934

Max

Post by Max » 06 Aug 2017, 07:46

Br. James wrote:Great schematics -- thanks so much for sharing them! I look forward to seeing other interior and exterior photos of the complex in use.

Br. James
Lots of Carinhall pics here
https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/ ... tion=click

Br. James

Post by Br. James » 07 Aug 2017, 17:10

Many thanks, Max -- quite a different style from the Berghof! One might actually assume that the Reichschancellor lived at Carinhall, given the splendor and grandeur of the buildings! I'm sure Hitler must have noticed this great difference...no wonder Göring's house at the Obersalzberg Administration was much less imposing than Hitler's. It must have been bad enough that Göring Hügel overlooked the Berghof!!

Br. James

Max

Post by Max » 08 Aug 2017, 12:11

In 1991 they did find a chest with human remains which was sent to Sweden's National Board of Forensic Medicine for identification.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... lodge.html

*NL*

Post by *NL* » 10 Aug 2017, 00:37

Br. James wrote:Many thanks, Max -- quite a different style from the Berghof! One might actually assume that the Reichschancellor lived at Carinhall, given the splendor and grandeur of the buildings! I'm sure Hitler must have noticed this great difference...no wonder Göring's house at the Obersalzberg Administration was much less imposing than Hitler's. It must have been bad enough that Göring Hügel overlooked the Berghof!!

Br. James
Yes, Göring could view the Berghof from his estate indeed James, but what is more important, Borrman could overlook it all from his estate.
to have an insight of what everybody was doing. Göring did not like that at all.

Br. James

Post by Br. James » 11 Aug 2017, 21:22

Very true, NL, and as I understand it, Bormann was the one who refused to allow a connecting tunnel from Göring's house to the Berghof to be completed. Haus Bormann stood between Göring Hugel and the Berghof, and this is where 'the Master of the Obersalzberg Administration' -- Martin Bormann -- liked to be!

Cheers,

Br. James

Makarov

Post by Makarov » 12 Aug 2017, 08:54

Carinhall might not have that much to offer above ground, but there is still much to be seen beneath ground. Not that easy to enter but if you dare to enter you´re in for a nice treat.

Br. James

Post by Br. James » 12 Aug 2017, 22:56

That's very intriguing, Makarov, but for those of us who will probably never get the chance to go back to the Obersalzberg again in their lifetimes, can you share with us some of the details you have obviously found there?

Br. James

N.C. Wyeth

Post by N.C. Wyeth » 13 Aug 2017, 04:35

Br. James wrote:That's very intriguing, Makarov, but for those of us who will probably never get the chance to go back to the Obersalzberg again in their lifetimes, can you share with us some of the details you have obviously found there?

Br. James
Yeah, Br. James - I'm with you . . . let's see those cards in Makarov's hands! :lol:

Not sure what going back to the Obersalzberg would do for finding the remaining [underground?] ruins of Carinhall - but my interest is certainly piqued! You see, I like finding out about these kind of things - and then going there to see it for myself. So I would be absolutely beside-myself-thrilled to know how and where to find what is still left of that whacky abode 'ol Hermann left behind for us to see. Please do tell, Makarov - as now that my interest is so piqued, I am considering making my plans for going there to find it. :thumbsup:
History is the witness that testifies to the passing of time; it illuminates reality, vitalizes memory, provides guidance in daily life, and brings us tidings of antiquity. - Cicero

Return to “Propaganda, Culture & Architecture”