Berghof Obersalzberg

Discussions on the propaganda, architecture and culture in the Third Reich.
Wagner J.B. Manuel

Re: Berghof Obersalzberg

Post by Wagner J.B. Manuel » 01 Dec 2019, 18:03

Maybe someone can help me, I'm looking for a picture of the round windows at the Platterhof, which was opener at the Platterhof, who has a close-up?
Attachments
ret.jpg

Wagner J.B. Manuel

Post by Wagner J.B. Manuel » 01 Dec 2019, 18:25

A friendly Servus from Bavaria, I am Manuel and have been collecting Obersalzberg for many years. Some may know me from Facebook. I am pleased to be here and look forward to posts and new friend :) Best regards

tunix0

Post by tunix0 » 02 Dec 2019, 09:36

Wagner J.B. Manuel wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 18:03
Maybe someone can help me, I'm looking for a picture of the round windows at the Platterhof, which was opener at the Platterhof, who has a close-up?
Hi Manuel,

I do not remember where I got the plans, but on this plan you can see the windows from the Platterhof hall:

Platterhof_Saal_Bauteil_C_klein.jpg

And a close up:
Platterhof_Saal_Bauteil_C_Fenster.jpg

And here is a small plan of the part of the building that you are looking for:
Platterhof_Ansicht_Unterstandsräume.jpg

Maybe they will help.

Regards
Christian
---
www.vergessener-beton.de - Gegen das Vergessen!

stevequinton

Post by stevequinton » 02 Dec 2019, 15:49

Geoff Walden wrote:
29 Nov 2019, 22:20
stevequinton wrote:
29 Nov 2019, 17:48
Hi All,
I was led to believe that there was also an entrance from the Intercontinental hotel leading to the tunnels?
Hi Steve,
Before they built the hotel they did some test drillings down into the hill, that did hit some of the tunnels, but there is no access from the now-Kempinski Hotel into any WW2 tunnel system there.
Hi Geoff, thanks for that Just something in the back of my mind that it did but not sure where I got that from... old age I guess...
Geoff, Have you seen the films produced by www.Begafilm.de I have about 4 or 5 of them covering the Kehlstein, the Platterhofbunker &ss-stollensystem and there are a couple of others as well all in German? very good even though it took me some time on the laungage side.

CraigM

Post by CraigM » 02 Dec 2019, 20:52

stevequinton wrote:
02 Dec 2019, 15:49
Have you seen the films produced by www.Begafilm.de
That web site is under construction. Do you have another link to these films?

Wagner J.B. Manuel

Post by Wagner J.B. Manuel » 03 Dec 2019, 13:12

Servus Christian,
Thank you, they help a lot.
Best regards Manuel

stevequinton

Post by stevequinton » 04 Dec 2019, 09:52

CraigM wrote:
02 Dec 2019, 20:52
stevequinton wrote:
02 Dec 2019, 15:49
Have you seen the films produced by www.Begafilm.de
That web site is under construction. Do you have another link to these films?
No Sorry I do not unless you want their phone number but that would be expensive to call them I guess, I will keep an eye out for you.

tigre

Post by tigre » 08 Dec 2019, 04:18

Hello to all :D; more: Berghof. Source: https://subastas.catawiki.es/kavels/283 ... zberg-1990
Cheers. Raúl M 8-).
Attachments
image035.jpg
Eva Braun, Sepp Dietrich and the children of Speer ??......................................
image035.jpg (42.66 KiB) Viewed 1702 times
image037.jpg
AH, Bodenschatz, Schaub and Bormann .........................................
image037.jpg (28.35 KiB) Viewed 1702 times

Duane Becker

Post by Duane Becker » 13 Dec 2019, 07:18

I found this pretty good 20 minute documentary on the Obersalzberg on You Tube today.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7Yy-NG2o_A&t=326s

I found one questionable mention of a portion the front Berghoff stairs still view-able today. From your past posts on this thread, I don't recall ever reading that the stairs are still in view, but rather covered by earth and trucked in debris. Anyway, let me know if you spot any other questionable items. All in all great little video looks like it was recently posted.

Here's another one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ_16W-x2RI

CPB

Post by CPB » 13 Dec 2019, 10:54

Duane Becker wrote:
13 Dec 2019, 07:18
I found this pretty good 20 minute documentary on the Obersalzberg on You Tube today.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7Yy-NG2o_A&t=326s

I found one questionable mention of a portion the front Berghoff stairs still view-able today. From your past posts on this thread, I don't recall ever reading that the stairs are still in view, but rather covered by earth and trucked in debris. Anyway, let me know if you spot any other questionable items. All in all great little video looks like it was recently posted.

Here's another one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ_16W-x2RI
Great video. I especially liked the air raid siren mysteriously sounding off 20 mins in...

Geoff Walden

Post by Geoff Walden » 13 Dec 2019, 21:22

I think we have discussed this before ... that's correct, Duane - those are not remnants of the Berghof staircase seen in that video - that's not even the correct side of the Berghof for the staircase (but that brick structure is part of the building itself).

I honestly do not know if there are any remains of the staircase under there or not. I have seen convincing evidence both ways. It does appear there may be something left under there, if not the entire staircase (which seems unlikely).

Also in that video - the "bunker" described on the hillside above the SS Kaserne is actually a water reservoir. And the gate house shown at the start of the Kehlstein road up to the Eagle's Nest is a postwar building, not there in 1945 but probably added in the early 1950s.
"Ordnung ist das halbe Leben" - I live in the other half.
http://www.thirdreichruins.com

Mannheim

Post by Mannheim » 13 Dec 2019, 22:52

There were some steps at the Berghof site before the addition of more rubble but who knows where they were in the original building? This is where I fondly imagined the staircase was in 1989 (those are/were steps to the left of my son): viewtopic.php?f=44&t=28208&hilit=Mannhe ... start=1920
Kein Irrtum ist so groß, der nicht seinen Zuhörer hat.

RickBamboo

Post by RickBamboo » 15 Dec 2019, 21:45

Hi Mannheim and Geoff,

Well, this main staircase on the outside of the House, wich lead from the Corner of the House, up to were the Main Entrance was, is for me one of the most interesting parts.

I wonder if there are any old street Maps or whatever … so that it would be possible to measure out the distance from the point were the Driveway started, the remains and wall stones still exist and can be seen good on the left side …. right up to this staircase.

There must be a way to get it on as GPS Latitude and Longitude digits and with some thing like a Garmin eTrex 10 … to track it down?

Geoff, what do think about that?

RickBamboo

Post by RickBamboo » 15 Dec 2019, 21:46

Hi Mannheim and Geoff,

Well, this main staircase on the outside of the House, wich lead from the Corner of the House, up to were the Main Entrance was, is for me one of the most interesting parts.

I wonder if there are any old street Maps or whatever … so that it would be possible to measure out the distance from the point were the Driveway started, the remains and wall stones still exist and can be seen good on the left side …. right up to this staircase.

There must be a way to get it on as GPS Latitude and Longitude digits and with some thing like a Garmin eTrex 10 … to track it down?

RickBamboo

Post by RickBamboo » 15 Dec 2019, 21:47

Hi Mannheim and Geoff,

Return to “Propaganda, Culture & Architecture”