(AI-COLORIZED/RESTORED) THE SURRENDER NEGOTIATIONS OF GENERALFELDMARSCHALL KESSELRING

Discussions on the propaganda, architecture and culture in the Third Reich.
BEGAFILM

(AI-COLORIZED/RESTORED) THE SURRENDER NEGOTIATIONS OF GENERALFELDMARSCHALL KESSELRING

Post by BEGAFILM » 23 Oct 2020, 14:36

Hello AXIS,

I have something special for you today.
With the help of AI I have colorized and mostly restored the old filmmaterial of the surrender negotiations of Generalfeldmarschall Kesselring with General Maxwell Taylor in the hotel "Berchtesgadener Hof".

This historically valuable b&w footage, was filmed by a war correspondent of the 101st. Airborne Division.

Please tell me what you think of the colorization.

Stay safe during this pandemic!

Greets from Berchtesgaden,

BEGAFILM
BEGAFILM - History in Motion
Always on the hunt for new Material - If you have films on old formats/film rolls that you cant play - send them over. We will be happy to make the world see it once again.

Wessel

Re: (AI-COLORIZED/RESTORED) THE SURRENDER NEGOTIATIONS OF GENERALFELDMARSCHALL KESSELRING

Post by Wessel » 23 Oct 2020, 20:21

I’m not a film expert but the colourisation looked very realistic, and an enjoyable presentation. I’m always amazed at how welcoming and friendly the senior American Ranks are to their opposite German counterparts. The press conference with Goring also comes to mind in this regard!

ostland

Re: (AI-COLORIZED/RESTORED) THE SURRENDER NEGOTIATIONS OF GENERALFELDMARSCHALL KESSELRING

Post by ostland » 23 Oct 2020, 23:01

Very nice. How’d you make it?
"Merken Sie sich eins; bei uns zu Haus' sind nur die Mannschaften Ostmärker. Die Herren Offiziere sind Österreicher! Servus Doktorchen!"

BEGAFILM

Post by BEGAFILM » 25 Oct 2020, 15:37

ostland wrote:
23 Oct 2020, 23:01
Very nice. How’d you make it?
Thank you!

I am using EDIUS X together with NeatVideo to get rid of filmgrain and noise, then I export it and use a powerful Linux machine with DeOldify to colorize. After that I sometimes upscale the endresult and do some more color corrections in edius.

Greets,
BEGAFILM
BEGAFILM - History in Motion
Always on the hunt for new Material - If you have films on old formats/film rolls that you cant play - send them over. We will be happy to make the world see it once again.

Biber

Post by Biber » 27 Oct 2020, 00:20

Sorry, but the narrator's bad pronunciation makes this very difficult to watch.

Return to “Propaganda, Culture & Architecture”