Unpublished photos

Discussions on the propaganda, architecture and culture in the Third Reich.
Udovicic

Unpublished photos

Post by Udovicic » 22 Jan 2023, 23:56

I happen to have 11 photos from World War 2. The photos were taken all these years in Bosnia and Herzegovina. I don't know if they were published somewhere or if there are copies. I could not find such photos on the Internet. You can help me and tell me if you have seen these photos somewhere.
Maybe the portrait has been published somewhere?
This is my first post and I would like you to write something.
I deliberately reduced the photos and of course I have the originals.
Thank you
Attachments
rat5.jpg
rat5.jpg (4.97 KiB) Viewed 2889 times
rat4.jpg
rat4.jpg (7.03 KiB) Viewed 2889 times
rat3.jpg
rat3.jpg (8.24 KiB) Viewed 2889 times
rat1.jpg
rat1.jpg (5.3 KiB) Viewed 2889 times
Ein kleines Feuer, das uns wärmt, ist besser als eine Flamme, die uns verbrennt.

Udovicic

Re: Unpublished photos

Post by Udovicic » 23 Jan 2023, 01:03

It might help if you know that on the other side of the photo is this.
Attachments
Izrezak1.PNG
Izrezak1.PNG (110.27 KiB) Viewed 2883 times
Ein kleines Feuer, das uns wärmt, ist besser als eine Flamme, die uns verbrennt.

von thoma

Post by von thoma » 23 Jan 2023, 02:14

Hello Udovicic :

Welcome to AHF.
I don't know if they were published somewhere or if there are copies. I could not find such photos on the Internet. You can help me and tell me if you have seen these photos somewhere.
Pictures #3 and #4 are very common, are perfectly findable on the Internet, apart from having been published in several military books.
Regarding the Hitler's portrait and the photo of the Panther tank, I can't contribute anything.
" The right to believe is the right of those who don't know "

Udovicic

Post by Udovicic » 23 Jan 2023, 02:21

Hello von thoma:

Thanks for the information and for the welcome words. I will post the rest of the photos tomorrow. I am wondering if anyone can say anything about the stamp that is printed on the other side of the photo?

Udovicic

Post by Udovicic » 23 Jan 2023, 15:59

Here's a pass. Name and surname unknown. It doesn't even have a release date.
If someone knows, can explain...
Attachments
ausweis.jpg

Udovicic

Post by Udovicic » 23 Jan 2023, 16:10

Here are two more interesting photos. It is difficult to find out who is on them.
Attachments
ggt2.jpg
ggt1.jpg

sobel

Post by sobel » 23 Jan 2023, 18:45

Udovicic wrote:
23 Jan 2023, 16:10
Here are two more interesting photos. It is difficult to find out who is on them.
The 1st image is british actor Ralph Twisleton-Wykeham-Fiennes, the image is taken from the film "schindlers list" he is portraying amon goeth csmp commandant of Plaszow kz camp

Cant comment on the 2nd image

Hohlladung

Post by Hohlladung » 23 Jan 2023, 21:36

Hi Udovicic,

@5

The internet is flooded with these stupid badly forged Fr.-Konzentrationslager Ravensbrück Ausweisen.
Today I found one (Ausweis #598) with the picture of Luftwaffe pilot General Adolf Galland, there he was named Hernn. Gerd Sturm.

I hope you didn´t pay too much for this nonsense.

BTW, can someone inform them: in German language it is Herrn, not Hernn. And you don´t put a dot behind it.

Best Regards
Armin
"Ihr verfluchten Racker, wollt ihr denn ewig leben?" Friedrich, II. in der Schlacht von Kolin am 18.Juni 1757 zu seinen zurückgehenden Grenadieren.

Matt Gibbs

Post by Matt Gibbs » 31 Jan 2023, 15:30

Udovicic wrote:
23 Jan 2023, 15:59
Here's a pass. Name and surname unknown. It doesn't even have a release date.
If someone knows, can explain...
I will try to add to Arnim's comment for you to point out what I see.

Where to start. The font of the name "Anton Sommer", looks off, like a computer generated Arial maybe? Same with the pass number for me, looks a bit off.

The fact that the space is clearly for a name to be written in, and who would have a rubber stamp for their first and surnames separately.?

The paper looking aged and worn across the pre-printed lettering of the 'blank' pass, but the name and number and looking much clearer and fresher. Not good. The ink in the word Ausweis has 'bled' slightly making the ei look thicker, probably from the fluid used to assist in the aging process?

Regards,
Matt

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Post by Ivan Ž. » 03 Feb 2023, 18:42

Hello, Udovicic, and :welcome:

As was already hinted, they're all cheap fakes and/or complete fantasy items. The images are well known and can be found on countless websites. What fraudsters do is simply save pictures from the internet, print them on cheap paper, smudge them a bit and put some fake Nazi stamp on them - which, by the way, was never put on photos (used were regular photographers' or press stamps, not political symbols). So next time you see such a stamp on a photo, know that it's a fake. You can recognise genuine images by the photo paper markings on the back (Agfa-Lupex etc.), military/press captions (printed on the front or on an attached piece of paper on the back) and so on, depending on whether they're private or official images (the official images never had wavy frames like those fakes, by the way). Sadly, flea markets and the internet are full of fakes and fantasy items. Next time, I suggest asking around before buying. If you can, try returning the images to the seller, demanding a refund, and if not, throw them in the garbage where they belong. You can make much nicer prints yourself from the copies found on the internet for free.

Cheers & best wishes,
Ivan

Return to “Propaganda, Culture & Architecture”