Berghof Obersalzberg

Discussions on the propaganda, architecture and culture in the Third Reich.
Disel

Re: Berghof Obersalzberg

Post by Disel » 25 Feb 2024 23:14

Totally! Disfrutalo pero sin politica. I know about a old interview to Gretl mid 60s I think... I'm not sure, I think with Nerin Gun or someone more where she was talking about Ilse. I remember that detail about Ilse working for Speer. Sorry I can't remember where I did read this.
Helly.
Sure! I am looking at Albert Speer´s Book (Memories), but nothing regarding Ilse Braun :cry: . Il will look for that interview, thanks for your cooperation. :thumbsup:

wirklich

Post by wirklich » 01 Mar 2024 18:27

<r><QUOTE author="MementoMori" post_id="2518024" time="1708101583" user_id="112826"><s>
MementoMori wrote:
16 Feb 2024 17:39
</s>
Sorry, slightly off topic but can someone please confirm if this was the original bunker/Tunnel entrance in the basement of the Platterhof? <br/>
<br/>
Query.jpg<br/>
<br/>
I've never seen it before and the hotel is now gone, obviously!<br/>
<br/>
Thanks
<e>
</e></QUOTE>

I stayed at the General Walker/Platterhof 3 times.That looks like the door I waited by to go on the tunnel tour 50+ years ago.</r>

MementoMori

Post by MementoMori » 01 Mar 2024 23:31

Hi Wirklich,

Thanks very much for your reply. Good to know.

I never got to see it.

BEGAFILM

Post by BEGAFILM » 07 Mar 2024 15:19

Hi guys,

i just finished a new documentary about the Berghof and would love to hear your thoughts on it.
This video is not published yet and you guys are the only ones who can see it. It also does not contain any Ads so far.

It would be much appreciated if you would check it out and let me know what you think.

Here is a link to the video:

https://youtu.be/No0ZGvmGkGo

Please dont share the link to the video as it is not published yet. You are getting an exclusive preview.
I plan on publishing it on Saturday - then you are free to share it with whoever you want.

Thanks,

BEGAFILM
BEGAFILM - History in Motion
Always on the hunt for new Material - If you have films on old formats/film rolls that you cant play - send them over. We will be happy to make the world see it once again.

CraigM

Post by CraigM » 07 Mar 2024 15:52

BEGAFILM wrote:
07 Mar 2024 15:19
It would be much appreciated if you would check it out and let me know what you think.
Hello Begafilm. I was wondering what happened to you. We haven't seen a new video from you for ages! Thanks so much for this latest one. There are LOTS of photos and videos I hadn't seen before.

One comment: at the end you refer to another video to watch but don't show the thumbnail/link.

Thanks again for posting this!

CPB

Post by CPB » 07 Mar 2024 15:53

BEGAFILM wrote:
Hi guys,

i just finished a new documentary about the Berghof and would love to hear your thoughts on it.
This video is not published yet and you guys are the only ones who can see it. It also does not contain any Ads so far.

Please dont share the link to the video as it is not published yet. You are getting an exclusive preview.
I plan on publishing it on Saturday - then you are free to share it with whoever you want.

Thanks,

BEGAFILM
Excellent work as always.

Just one observation, I believe this photo was actually taken in Eva’s Widenmayerstraße apartment in Munich (the one she shared with Gretl), rather than at the Berghof.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BEGAFILM

Post by BEGAFILM » 07 Mar 2024 17:35

CraigM wrote:
07 Mar 2024 15:52
BEGAFILM wrote:
Hello Begafilm. I was wondering what happened to you. We haven't seen a new video from you for ages! Thanks so much for this latest one. There are LOTS of photos and videos I hadn't seen before.

One comment: at the end you refer to another video to watch but don't show the thumbnail/link.

Thanks again for posting this!
Hi,

yeah I had a lot of stuff going on in my life and could not make videos for a while.
But now I am back and plan on releasing videos a lot more frequently.
I am in the process of translating all my german videos to english so I have all my videos on both channels.

I am referring to this video:

https://youtu.be/H0aaldbrcIc

"MARTIN BORMAN - Adolf Hitlers Master Builder - Documentary"

I just could not add the endcards yet because the video is not published. I will add this once the video goes live.
Always on the hunt for new Material - If you have films on old formats/film rolls that you cant play - send them over. We will be happy to make the world see it once again.

BEGAFILM

Post by BEGAFILM » 07 Mar 2024 17:36

CPB wrote:
07 Mar 2024 15:53
BEGAFILM wrote:
Hi guys,

Thanks,

BEGAFILM

Just one observation, I believe this photo was actually taken in Eva’s Widenmayerstraße apartment in Munich (the one she shared with Gretl), rather than at the Berghof.

Are you shure? My father told me this should be in Berghof. But he could be wrong too.

CPB

Post by CPB » 07 Mar 2024 19:21

BEGAFILM wrote:
07 Mar 2024 17:36
CPB wrote:
07 Mar 2024 15:53
BEGAFILM wrote:
Hi guys,

Thanks,

BEGAFILM

Are you shure? My father told me this should be in Berghof. But he could be wrong too.
Pretty sure…

Biber

Post by Biber » 13 Mar 2024 13:09

In case you may not be aware. A walk to the tea house was recently posted: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFKYKJDGwfE

Geoff Walden

Post by Geoff Walden » 14 Mar 2024 00:02

Hi,
Thanks for the link!
I could make several comments on the video, but the main thing is … That’s NOT the route that Hitler and his entourage used to reach the Mooslahnerkopf Teehaus. That modern path only intersects Hitler’s path at two points, for only a few meters. Most of Hitler’s walk was not through the woods.
Well, OK, here are a few other comments:

13:15 - THAT’S the Watzmann mountain in the background, not the mountain pointed out early on the walk, which is the Untersberg.

14:25 - The modern path here is not the remains of a period road - no Hitler Mercedes here. This small roadway was cut through the woods in 2006 when the government removed the ruins of the Teehaus.

29:36 - Although Hitler was a great walker and hiked up and down from Berchtesgaden to the Obersalzberg as a younger man, and walked from the OSB to the Vorderbrand area, it is an established fact, already known to OSB researchers, that he was usually chauffeured back from the Teehaus.
"Ordnung ist das halbe Leben" - I live in the other half.
http://www.thirdreichruins.com

Helly Angel

Post by Helly Angel » 14 Mar 2024 00:40

Great details Geoff, as usual, thanks!

Helly Angel

Post by Helly Angel » 14 Mar 2024 00:41

Who is the last one?

Since the left: Christa Schroeder, Gerda Daranowski, Hanni Morell, Eva and...?

Source NARA
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Longball

Post by Longball » 15 Mar 2024 08:27

My guess from left (<--) one foot on running board and one foot on ground,Gerda Daranowski(I have confused her with Christina), 2 from left and sitting on door, Eva Braun, 3rd from left standing on ground Hanni Morell, 4th from left standing on running board, Gretl Braun, far right with white strap shoes, unknown.

Biber

Post by Biber » 15 Mar 2024 12:17

Geoff Walden wrote:
14 Mar 2024 00:02
Hi,
Thanks for the link!
I could make several comments on the video, but the main thing is … That’s NOT the route that Hitler and his entourage used to reach the Mooslahnerkopf Teehaus. That modern path only intersects Hitler’s path at two points, for only a few meters. Most of Hitler’s walk was not through the woods.
Well, OK, here are a few other comments:

13:15 - THAT’S the Watzmann mountain in the background, not the mountain pointed out early on the walk, which is the Untersberg.

14:25 - The modern path here is not the remains of a period road - no Hitler Mercedes here. This small roadway was cut through the woods in 2006 when the government removed the ruins of the Teehaus.

29:36 - Although Hitler was a great walker and hiked up and down from Berchtesgaden to the Obersalzberg as a younger man, and walked from the OSB to the Vorderbrand area, it is an established fact, already known to OSB researchers, that he was usually chauffeured back from the Teehaus.
Thanks Geoff for your clarification. It is very much trusted and appreciated. The guy who made the video seems very enthusiastic and, I have to believe, sincere in what he does. In another video he explores some underground "bunkers" with vaulted ceilings at or near the former bee keeping operation, and talks about a proposed Mausoleum for AH. What are those ruins, actually? While I think this guy might be a bit out there with his interpretations of TR ruins etc, my interest is piqued as to the topic of AH's planned resting place. Is such a thing real or was it ever planned to any degree?

Return to “Propaganda, Culture & Architecture”