Reichskanzlei Thread

Discussions on the propaganda, architecture and culture in the Third Reich.
robertmountfor

Re: Reichskanzlei Thread

Post by robertmountfor » 26 Jul 2011, 15:44

The following is an extract of the special report that became stalins file, operation myth. It is from zhukov to Stalin.

Near the RK , in the courtyard of the ministry of prop, a corpse was discovered wearing a uniform of a general, who was identified by voss as Lt Gen krebs, the chief of the general staff of the German army.
Furthermore in the lining of his uniform jacket near the left side pocket a strip of cloth was discovered bearing the name krebs.

Later this corpse along with the goebbels family , Hitler and his wife were kept in the ammo boxes and carted all over Germany. Strange why they wanted to keep the corpse of krebs...?

Geoff Walden

Post by Geoff Walden » 26 Jul 2011, 21:12

Here is the Krebs autopsy photo. I don't think it will be very useful for comparison.

I try to avoid speculation, but I have always thought that perhaps the reason that Krebs was included in the autopsies with the Hitler and Goebbels family remains, was that Krebs' body was actually discovered in the Führerbunker, so perhaps the reason that Burgdorf was not included, was that he committed suicide elsewhere, so his body was not one of the "Bunker group." Just my guess.
Attachments
Krebsautopsy.jpg
Bezemynski book (I think)
Krebsautopsy.jpg (54.69 KiB) Viewed 1728 times

Cor

Post by Cor » 26 Jul 2011, 23:18

Geoff Walden wrote: I don't think it will be very useful for comparison.
Not? Funny post. I laughed when i read this post.

When i looked a second time at the picture i posted before there is one thing that i noticed is that he eyebrowses of the corps and of my posted picture are both thick. On the other hand the corpse is bald but krebs in my picture is not bald.

Geoff Walden

Post by Geoff Walden » 27 Jul 2011, 02:35

No humor intended in my post, Cor. Not sure where you found any, but I didn't mean any.

Geoff

Cor

Post by Cor » 27 Jul 2011, 22:10

Oke maybe not intended to be funny but i found it funny.

Johnnyrocket

Post by Johnnyrocket » 31 Jul 2011, 20:46

Hitler's Chancery office desk and globe are at the Deutsches Historisches Museum in Berlin. Also, along with a perfect copy of the original model of the never build Great hall of the people (Grosssen halle des folkes), designed by Albert Speer in 1938. It measured 250 metres in diameter and 290 metres high, being the largest enclosed space in the world, with room for 180,000 visitors. It should have been the center piece of Hitlers new Berlin "Germania".

http://www.thirdreichlocations.com/BERL ... useum.html

Have fun exploring these treasures.

Johnny R. :D

Johnnyrocket

Post by Johnnyrocket » 01 Aug 2011, 17:26

Nice close up of the "Fuhrer Eagle" design style—as it appeared in his Berlin Chancery office (over entrance door).

Attachments
AH eagle 1.jpg

muller1945

Post by muller1945 » 01 Aug 2011, 21:31

Above hitlers office was just his AH on a plaque i thought, russians must if it vaulted some where for sure. I have never seen hitlers desk in any photos after the fall of berlin, was it in storage.

muller1945

Post by muller1945 » 01 Aug 2011, 21:31

Above hitlers office was just his AH on a plaque i thought, russians must if it vaulted some where for sure. I have never seen hitlers desk in any photos after the fall of berlin, was it in storage.

Johnnyrocket

Post by Johnnyrocket » 02 Aug 2011, 04:26

muller1945 wrote:Above hitlers office was just his AH on a plaque i thought, russians must if it vaulted some where for sure. I have never seen hitlers desk in any photos after the fall of berlin, was it in storage.
Hitler's desk is in the Deutsches Historisches Museum in Berlin. Must have been stored or in a collection?
Go to link about to view Muller. Anyone got any idea where this desk has been all these years? I'm sure the Russians did not give it back to Germany. :D

Johnny R. :roll:

robertmountfor

Post by robertmountfor » 02 Aug 2011, 09:46

I believe the ddr under the supetvision of the then soviets kept this desk, along with brekers bronze depictions , which still lay flat on an east German concrete floor, un cared for. When the DHG asked they were happy to donate this relic. Why they haven't secured brekers two famous statues I will never know...!

Geoff Walden

Post by Geoff Walden » 04 Aug 2011, 16:28

Johnnyrocket wrote:Hitler's Chancery office desk and globe are at the Deutsches Historisches Museum in Berlin. Also, along with a perfect copy of the original model of the never build Great hall of the people (Grosssen halle des folkes), designed by Albert Speer in 1938. It measured 250 metres in diameter and 290 metres high, being the largest enclosed space in the world, with room for 180,000 visitors. It should have been the center piece of Hitlers new Berlin "Germania".

http://www.thirdreichlocations.com/BERL ... useum.html

Have fun exploring these treasures.

Thanks, JR! Another site to put on the list to visit (last time I was there, that museum had not opened yet).

That model was probably made for the German TV production "Speer und Er" of a few years ago, like the model of the Deutsche Stadion that is now on display in Nürnberg. They did a good job on those models.

Geoff

PS - I got your PM about the paintings - thanks!

robertmountfor

Post by robertmountfor » 04 Aug 2011, 20:47

Indeed so Geoff. The group Berlin Unterwelten now own this impressive model. Bavaria studios gmbh were due to scrap it, like they did with the Fuhrerbunker set that was created for Downfall, until it was used for the last time for Speer und Er. A fantastic film where detail really was observed...more so in my opinion than in Downfall.
Some may remember the pictures I posted of the AH uniform I own that they made for the film.

Reichssammler

Post by Reichssammler » 05 Sep 2011, 19:16

Hey guys and friends,

after a long abstinence I´m back, at least for some posts :-)

I was 16 when I started this, as I can see very popular, thread and I think sometimes I made some really bulls**** posts :oops:
I didn´t forget about this here but had some other stuff to do (for example I´m making movies now, next project is about a famous bavarian (where I live now) region and will be shown on tv...I will film the Obersalzberg, too).

Enough now, enjoy some new pictures:
Attachments
jjkjk.jpg
kacheln.jpg
Tiles from the new reichschancellery
95683_b.jpg
A book from the library, very good condition.

Reichssammler

Post by Reichssammler » 05 Sep 2011, 19:18

And some more incl. my first made movie about the RK (was deleted together with my youtube account):

Attachments
bundesarchivbild183n111.jpg
index.jpg
index.jpg (28.1 KiB) Viewed 1040 times
hhh.jpg

Return to “Propaganda, Culture & Architecture”