Ribbentrop's villa in Berlin-Dahlem - does it remain today?

Discussions on the propaganda, architecture and culture in the Third Reich.
Potsdamerplatz

Ribbentrop's villa in Berlin-Dahlem - does it remain today?

Post by Potsdamerplatz » 29 Apr 2008, 22:16

Does anyone know if Ribbentrop's Berlin villa still stands today? The address was Lentze-Allee 7-9, Berlin-Dahlem.

The building was still standing in May 1945 when the Russians reached Berlin as they helped themselves to the contents of the wine cellar. :D

This villa was of course where Hitler, von Papen and other leading German politicians met in January 1933 to negotiate Hitler's appointment as Chancellor.

It was a very impressive 3-storey villa, built in arts-and-crafts style with spacious gardens, tennis courts and a swimming pool. Ribbentrop and his wife Annelies purchased the house sometime in the early 1920s after their marriage.

Any information received would be appreciated.

Kind regards.
The truth is that you're a quiet, sensitive type, but if I'm prepared to take a chance I might just get to know the inner you: witty, adventurous, passionate, loving, loyal, a little bit crazy, a little bit bad, but, hey, don't us girls just love that?

Von Odine

Re: Ribbentrop's villa in Berlin-Dahlem - does it remain today?

Post by Von Odine » 30 Apr 2008, 00:35

Adress is not shown precisely by Google earth or Google maps. Here are Google Earth Shots of both sides of the streeet, The first two are the north side, the second two are the south.

Potsdamerplatz

Post by Potsdamerplatz » 30 Apr 2008, 14:54

Thanks, I checked that out using Google Earth last night but it's impossible to tell from the images whether the Ribbentrop villa I have seen in various photographs is one of the houses in Lentze-Allee today.

It could have been badly damaged in the bombing or else torched by the Russians who plundered the wine cellar. Next time I am in Berlin I will check out the area (Dahlem is actually closer to Charlottenburg than I thought) and see how the street looks from ground level. I see it's still a very upmarket district of the city.

Kind regards.
The truth is that you're a quiet, sensitive type, but if I'm prepared to take a chance I might just get to know the inner you: witty, adventurous, passionate, loving, loyal, a little bit crazy, a little bit bad, but, hey, don't us girls just love that?

b14ck
Banned

Post by b14ck » 03 May 2008, 13:17

are these any help

offandonguy

Post by offandonguy » 04 May 2008, 05:26

That is a lot clearer. What progam is that fun, Virtual Earth?

Potsdamerplatz

Post by Potsdamerplatz » 04 May 2008, 06:38

Thanks for your input b14ck. Your pics are excellent. Unfortunately it's still too hard to tell and so many of the buildings look similar. My guess also is that the topography of the land is different from how it looked in 1945. It's possible the whole street was remodelled post-war.

What program did you use to get such great images?

Kind regards.

b14ck
Banned

Post by b14ck » 04 May 2008, 12:57

the program is microsoft virtual earths birds eye view.

Adam Carr

Post by Adam Carr » 05 May 2008, 21:05

I visited this address today, and it is now a primary school of obviously recent date. Possibly the street numbering has changed, but it would appear that Schloss Ribbentrop is no more.

Michael Miller
Forum Staff

Post by Michael Miller » 13 May 2008, 16:03

I've removed a number of off-topic/bickering/garbage posts from this otherwise innocuous thread.

~ Mike Miller

rainer_bo

Re: Ribbentrop's villa in Berlin-Dahlem - does it remain tod

Post by rainer_bo » 08 Jun 2010, 14:40

The villa does definitly NOT exist any longer!

I stumbled upon this thread by chance: The condominium I live in is built exactly on the pice of estate where the villa originally stood (Lentzeallee 7-11 / the "zig-zag"-bulding on the second set of fotos). The school building is on the opposite side of the road.

rb

Maurice Laarman

Post by Maurice Laarman » 17 Aug 2020, 20:34

Altough this topic is quite 'old; , I found this link with a photo of the villa: https://www.gettyimages.nl/detail/nieuw ... /541046959

I was looking for the house, because a tapestry designed for this house (?) , is now on exhibion. See:
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=251227

I see the photos in this thread are no longer visible. Is there a way to fix this or avoid this?

Maurice

Waleed Y. Majeed

Post by Waleed Y. Majeed » 17 Aug 2020, 21:23

Hello Maurice. If you see this before the tapestry thread I can tell you, I think I‘ve answered your question there. Go! :thumbsup:

Waleed

VanillaNuns

Post by VanillaNuns » 31 Aug 2020, 01:45

The villa was looted by Red Army soldiers in May 1945 who found copious supplies of champagne and wine in the cellar. I bet there were a few drunken men reporting for duty the next day.

Return to “Propaganda, Culture & Architecture”