Bavaria to publish own 'Mein Kampf'.

Discussions on the propaganda, architecture and culture in the Third Reich.

panzerplatten

Re: Bavaria to publish own 'Mein Kampf'.

Post by panzerplatten » 10 May 2012, 16:13

More but more or less the same story from today's features BBC magazine,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-17923208

Regards mark

jeffhan373

Post by jeffhan373 » 15 May 2012, 22:12

Here's the first leaked page from the upcoming newly annotated MK......those footnotes are a hoot!

(This is a parody, of course...)
Attachments
MK 2012.JPG

Boby

Post by Boby » 18 May 2012, 11:26

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't expect much better. The only "quatsch" here is to publish an annotated edition of Mein Kampf. Only for lobotomized people who are incapable of own research and thinking.

Boby

Post by Boby » 10 Jun 2012, 10:44

I want to add some points:

1) There is no reason why Mein Kampf has to be published with commentaries. Note the comments by Bavarian Finance minister: "We want to make clear what nonsense is in there". Absolutely rubbish propaganda. But this edition misses the point, because:

a) general public are NOT INTERESTED in Mein Kampf. Popular views about the book are very negative. So, why germans need a new edition? What is supossed to demostrate?

b) students are hardly interested in Mein Kampf. They are free to read the original edition. So, why students need a new, "corrected" edition?

The only reason why Mein Kampf is to be published again is the schizophrenia obsession of Germany with his nazi past. We know it well: tens (hundreds?) of books dealing with nazism are published every year. Students are bombed with holocaustology since his childhood, and any view that deviates from the political correction line is accused of "apologism" or "neo-nazism". What a crazy country!

As for the edition:

What is the point of writing thousands of footnotes to correct Hitler's ideas. Now we can expect a panel of "world experts" in the field dissectiong every word of Hitler and concluding that is pure nonsense! Only from sick minds one can expect such a moronic enterprise.

But who would buy such a heavy tome and waste his time reading thousands of footnotes? The cost of this edition would be very high, more than 60/70 euros I expect (or perhaps would be a low cost edition financiated by jewish organisations, who knows?). So, why people are to pay 70 euros if they can download the original edition (as I did yesterday) in a few minutes. Nonsense!

Note the real meaning of all of this: they are creating students who are incapable of free research. Any different view will be not tolerated.

So, repeat: the only one obsessed with Mein Kampf are german academics/institutions, who are desperate to publish even more Hitler material, even more Hitler books, even more holocaustology books, even more editions of documents, and more, and more and more and more.

If people have fascination with Hitler one knows very well who is perpetuating it. They are mythologizing the subject in a childish way. Absolutely hysterical nonsense.

Oberhessin

Post by Oberhessin » 11 Jun 2012, 08:00

As a German scholar I am quite furious about the Statement above.
I have read "Mein Kampf" by myself in different times of my life, as a young girl, later at the university, and now as an historian.
Since the book is a dry one, in words and grammatics, one does ask oneself quite frequent, where does this argument or thi idea come frome, what does he mean, on which person or incident is he applying to?
I like Plöckingers analysis on the different editions, the making of and person who were involved.
And I appreciate this edition.
As for the word Holocaustology - I always thought, that this is a serious internet platform no agitation place for revisionist.

robertmountfor

Post by robertmountfor » 11 Jun 2012, 10:00

Very well said Boby, I am in complete agreement!!

Commentaries from a completely biased source, in this case the un free state of Bavaria are complete propogandist drivel for the masses to nod their heads like nodding donkeys in agreement with their comments.
When I first got hold of Mein Kampf at school, I tore out the first twenty or so pages of other peoples beliefs.

It make me laugh...the PURE hipocracy of the state of Bavaria, on the one hand doing all they can to destroy its period 33 to 45, but on the other, loving all the millions in royalties from their former Leaders book.

Boby

Post by Boby » 11 Jun 2012, 10:04

Oberhessin wrote:As a German scholar I am quite furious about the Statement above.
I have read "Mein Kampf" by myself in different times of my life, as a young girl, later at the university, and now as an historian.
Since the book is a dry one, in words and grammatics, one does ask oneself quite frequent, where does this argument or thi idea come frome, what does he mean, on which person or incident is he applying to?
I like Plöckingers analysis on the different editions, the making of and person who were involved.
And I appreciate this edition.
As for the word Holocaustology - I always thought, that this is a serious internet platform no agitation place for revisionist.
Why furious? I don't even read Mein Kampf in full. I don't think is that all important. People are too obsessed with this book. Concentrating only in this book is pure nonsense, because Hitler left a lot of writing/spoken material after Mein Kampf. Studies like the one of Zitelmann and Syring are infinitely more valuable.

The book, true, has no literary quality. Hitler was no Cervantes.

Thanks for mentioning Othmar Plöckinger study. It is a great contribution to scientific research. But sadly, Plöckinger is in the panel of "official experts" who are preparing the 2015 edition.

Sorry for you, but the 2015 edition is rubbish, absolutely worthless, unnecessary study. Let the readers study/research/think/decide for themselves.

J. Duncan

Post by J. Duncan » 12 Jun 2012, 01:50

I do not think Boby said anything offensive. I know Boby puts a lot of thought into his posts and is someone who I think is a very good contributor to this forum. There is so much undue sensitivity these days that one can't really speak frankly what is on their minds. "Holocaustology" is not a revisionist term and Boby is from Spain...we call it "Holocaust Studies" here in the USA...it's an academic discipline. There is also this constant aura of fear of Mein Kampf and Hitler as if he is some bogeyman who will rise again from the dead to take control of our minds. Boby is absolutely correct - this mythologising of Hitler is getting to the point of ridiculousness. It's childish.

I myself found Mein Kampf to be a fascinating book. I read it as part of a guided study group in college and also on my own time. Most people simply dismiss it because they have been told it's turgid, impossible, badly written, badly translated, etc..there is a whole plethora of reasons given why it shouldn't be read, but in fact, if one wants to understand Hitler and the aims of his early associates, it is a real eye opener, and has some brilliant observations of "mass man" and crowd psychology. Because of it's bad reputation, many people do not even make the attempt to read it, or they do not stick with it very far once they do. People also hate the book because it generally clashes with everything they have been taught to believe in - like the principles of equality and democracy. Western civilization has generally rejected his ideas and for the most part find them offensive. There already exists an attitude of "contempt prior to investigation" where MK is concerned. Hitler is the most hated and it would seem "feared" man in history, so anything he says is automatically dismissed by the collective.
Boby is also correct that are many other sources if one wants to better understand Hitler's thinking (Mein kampf is not one of these, as it was written in pieces by others). Hitler's "Second Book" would be a place to get more of an insight, as this was entirely written by him as well as his "Table Talk" conversations recorded by Henry Picker. The best translation of MK into English is the one by Mannheim. There were two versions of this translation - one was an annotated copy which explained Hitler's terminology, German history, and the various personalities involved.

Mein Kampf is studied avidly in the Third World as article below suggests. If there is any "threat" to humanity from the reading and study of this book, it would seem likely to come from there.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... Kampf.html

Boby

Post by Boby » 12 Jun 2012, 11:15

Thanks for your words Duncan!

That is the point: the sick obsession with Hitler. Hitler is even more alive today than 70 years ago! There is hardly a day that he doesn't appears in newspapers/TV/radio/internet. Why?

As you point, there is a lot of primary sources published by german academics: The HQ monologues, the second book, the collection of letters and speeches from 1905 to 1924, and from 1925 to 1933 (many volumes), etc. They were absolutely indispensable sources for any Hitler historian. But now they come with a "commented" edition of Mein Kampf. But note one strange point:

Since 1945 tens of thousands of books dealing with nazism has been published, Germany has been subjected to a 70 years denazification process. But now the german institutions has to confess that there is a myth sorrounding "Mein Kampf"!! They have not done well his work!

Boby

Post by Boby » 12 Jun 2012, 12:04

Here is a interview with one of the persons working for the 2015 edition, Dr. Christian Hartmann:

http://www.spiegel.de/international/ger ... 34560.html

What utter nonsense! What a charlatan Mr. Hartmann is! Perhaps Hartmann and his colleages are experts in different fields (Hartmann published very interesting books about Halder and the Wehrmacht in the East) but when it comes to speak about Hitler they inmediately lost the scientific approach and start to talk bullshit!

Note this imbecile question:

"Although a school dropout, Hitler alludes to Schopenhauer and Goethe in the book. Did he write it alone?"

Unveliable nonsense!! So Hitler was so idiot and retard that he even can't read Goethe and Schopenhauer! If he mentioned them, sure it was helped by other person!!!!!

Actually Hitler mentioned Schopenhauer 1 time for citing his statement that the jews are "Masters of the Lie". So it was not invented by Hitler. Goethe and Schiller are referred in a general way.

I myself don't even finished secondary studies and never go to university, but I read books by Goethe, Schopenhauer, Schiller, E.T.A. Hoffmann, Mann, Hesse, Musil, Zweig, Benjamin, etc, etc a lot of french authors, russian authors, classics like Homer, Dante, Boccaccio, Cervantes, etc. One of my favourites authors is Knut Hamsun. So what is the point? One doesn't need to go to university for reading high literature.

Sorry, but this is the sick obsession with Hitler I was referring. Absolute hysteria.

Boby

Post by Boby » 13 Dec 2015, 18:35

Finally to be published on... 1 January 2016!! Quite bizarre.

Two volumes with 2.000 pages and 3.500 footnotes.
http://www.amazon.de/Hitler-Mein-Kampf- ... 3P080NXRK3

Boby

Post by Boby » 18 Dec 2015, 20:39

8 january. Structure is:

Left page footnotes.
Right page original text (upper side) with more anmerkungen at the end.

sarahgoodson

Post by sarahgoodson » 23 Dec 2015, 20:14

Boby, you are right when you talk about the obsession!

There should be a channel for Hitler and the Nazis on TV, the same things are repeated over and over, not a day goes by without a documentary of Hitler and the Nazis.

It's the same as newspapers like the Daily Star, Daily Mail, Mirror and other popular newspapers, not a day goes by when Hitler or the Nazis are not mentioned. They often publish stories and claim it's "new" when in fact the information is very old.

The Daily Mail also commonly use this image of Hitler when an article is about him:

Rubbish propaganda trying to make him look like he had black hair and brown eyes because remember he wanted all Germans to be blonde hair and blue eyed. :roll:

Boby

Post by Boby » 04 Jan 2016, 13:42

As expected, the two volume edition have a prize of 59 € (64 $).

Return to “Propaganda, Culture & Architecture”