The person or firm who made the red logo cross ?

Discussions on the propaganda, architecture and culture in the Third Reich.
tomer

The person or firm who made the red logo cross ?

Post by tomer » 02 May 2003 13:49

I´m making a project concerning the esthetics of the Thierd Reich, It´s signs and design elements.
I am trying to find the person or firm who made the famous cross, red and white colors, and all the design thinking.
Any information would be helpfull.
[b][/b]

DunklerProphet

Post by DunklerProphet » 02 May 2003 13:53

Nobody.

Everything in the Reich was imitated.

The Hakenkreuz ("Swastika") was an old Germanic symbol.

The colours black-white-red were the old imperial German colours.

Maple 01

Post by Maple 01 » 02 May 2003 14:06

The Hakenkreuz ("Swastika") was an old Germanic symbol.
It goes back further than that, Buddhist/Hindu symbol of good fortune

Regards

-nick

tomer

maybe gobbels ???

Post by tomer » 02 May 2003 14:12

yes i know all that,
BUT after all someone must have thought-condacted and
made this signals right ???
maybe gobbels ???
I need info...

Zapfenstreich

Hakkenkreuz?

Post by Zapfenstreich » 02 May 2003 16:49

I'm not sure if I understand your question but here is the story I heard of the origin of the swastika as symbol of the Nazi Party:

Hitler himself is supposed to have come up with the design. Seven was a lucky number in Teutonic mythology. Hitler took four sevens and joined them at right angles at their bases. He then reversed the sevens to show he was not superstitious. The entire swastika was then tilted to the right to give the impression of being in forward motion. The red, white and black were traditional Germanic colors.

True or not. I don't know. This was one of the "official" versions given out by the Ministry of Propaganda and National Enlightenment; Goebbels department.

As for other Third Reich symbols, flags, etc., every nation has a heraldry department that dreams up these things. So does every military organization. My guess is most Third Reich symbolism originated from these departments.

Z

James McBride

Post by James McBride » 03 May 2003 00:43

I don't know how true this is, as I saw it in a documentary on the History Channel. I checked it with a few websites, but they even say it is only theory, not fact. Apparently, Karl Haushofer is responsible for bringing the swastika design back to Germany. He was sent to study the Imperial Army, and also visited Korea and China. He was introduced to Hindu and Buddhist teachings, and I guess he saw the swastika. Beyond that, I don't know.

James

Return to “Propaganda, Culture & Architecture”