Filippowitz

Discussions on the propaganda, architecture and culture in the Third Reich.
zannekin

Filippowitz

Post by zannekin » 26 Mar 2017, 12:42

Hi everyone,

One of the jung actors in the film "Junge Adler" (1944) was Robert Filippowitz.

I researched the name , but found nothing about him or his relatives. Only that he played the role of Wolfgang in the film Junge Adler. Where did he came from? What became of him?

Most of the actors who played in films of that kind like "Quex" or "Kopf Hoch""you can find something about the actors and what became of them.

Regards,

Zannekin

zannekin

Re: Filippowitz

Post by zannekin » 04 Apr 2017, 00:55

It is really sad , that no response has come on this subject. It remembers me of the faith of the young film hero Klaus Detlef Sierck.(Kopf Hoch Johannes) who perished in Ukraine. I hope Robert Filippowitz survived the war. That is why I made this topic. Just to know Robert Filippowitz survived the war.

Instierr

Post by Instierr » 19 Apr 2017, 00:42

Hello, I only have limited knowledge about him. Well, he is an actor , known for Young Eagles.

willgill

Post by willgill » 03 Nov 2019, 23:46

Hello,

My main interest is NS film, and I have quite a bit of information on the film JUNGE ADLER, including 25 lobby cards, 7 press photos, the original scarce 1944 press-book from the Ufa studio, and a handbill from Ufa announcing that due to wartime (paper shortage) restrictions, no poster would be published for the film.

I do not know what happened to Robert Filippowitz. Actors Eberhard/Hardy Krüger, Günnar Moller and Dietmar Schönherr survived and had post-war acting careers (Krüger is still alive). Manfred Schrott, who played Otto in the film, died four weeks before the end of WWII. I attach a press photo of Manfred Schrott and Dietmar Schönherr from the film.

William Gillespie
German Films Dot Net
www.germanfilms.net
EPSON505-250.jpg
Manfred Scrott and Dietmar Schönherr -JUNGE ADLER
EPSON505-250.jpg (14.35 KiB) Viewed 1509 times

willgill

Post by willgill » 28 Feb 2021, 02:53

Hello,

Attached a scan of a lobby card from JUNGE ADLER with Robert Filippowitz's character playing his violin, with his father looking on.

William Gillespie
www.germanfilms.net
Attachments
EPSON497-copy.jpg

Return to “Propaganda, Culture & Architecture”