Another tunnel in Berlin

Discussions on the propaganda, architecture and culture in the Third Reich.
Mannheim

Another tunnel in Berlin

Post by Mannheim » 23 Mar 2019, 07:08

This is news to me. Anyone have any info on this tunnel? (This is a Google translation. You can find the original German article by Googling BZ Berlin):
https://www.bz-berlin.de/berlin/mitte/b ... mitte-frei
Kein Irrtum ist so groß, der nicht seinen Zuhörer hat.

Halfdan S.

Re: Another tunnel in Berlin

Post by Halfdan S. » 23 Mar 2019, 10:35

Thanks for posting, very interesting - as mentioned in the article I hope the bunker(s) are preserved.

Best
Halfdan S.

Untersberg

Post by Untersberg » 28 Mar 2019, 03:38

I was the one who informed Berlin Unterwelten of this bunker - tunnel from The Ribbentrop Ministry just near my apartment.
The builders were unhappy because I stopped work whilst City archive office came down to record it. Some beer bottles etc came out of this long connection tunnel.

Untersberg

Post by Untersberg » 28 Mar 2019, 03:39

Ps ....no....they are in the way of new foundations and will be completely obliterated.

Halfdan S.

Post by Halfdan S. » 31 Mar 2019, 00:00

Too bad, but thank you for your information, Untersberg.

Regards
Halfdan S.

Manute951

Post by Manute951 » 22 May 2019, 17:06

Untersberg wrote:
28 Mar 2019, 03:38
I was the one who informed Berlin Unterwelten of this bunker - tunnel from The Ribbentrop Ministry just near my apartment.
The builders were unhappy because I stopped work whilst City archive office came down to record it. Some beer bottles etc came out of this long connection tunnel.
Hello Untersberg, from Spain.

I usually travel to Berlin and, as I´m interested in the third reich period, I like to walk into the neue Reichskanzlei area and see how everything behaves. Last week I was there and I noticed they are building something over the cross of Behrenstrasse and Gertrud-Kollmarstrasse.
Knowing there were some bunkers just there, I was amazed as I saw they preserved nothing and,if there was any chance to know anything about the former bunkers and it´s state, now that chance is gone.

I was walking back really don´t understanding why they did nothing to preserve or study the area, and then realized, maybe someone over the axis history forum, which I read often, had noticed this.

I read your answer in a post, stating you called to stop works and forced a little examination of the remains. I´m writing just to thank you for your action, I was thinking I was the only one wanting to at least study or document the area before they obliterate it.

Again, thanks, and kind regards.

Untersberg

Post by Untersberg » 26 May 2019, 03:07

Dear Manute
Yes sadly the ones in power have 0 interest...indeed they act aggressively against anything like this and destroy as much as they possibly can. Berlin is run by a cabal of far left politicians vs more interested in erecting meaningless monuments to minorities than preserving their historic past.
Nothing will stop them in tjis endeavour. Although Minister Goebbels bunker is still there albeit covered over.
I was in touch with Rudolf von Ribbentrop and told him about the uncovering of part of his Fathers former home and he was mist interested...he was last there in Feb 1945 with his father for to days whence he met his Führer the last time before the end came.

Untersberg

Post by Untersberg » 01 Jun 2019, 01:22

Rudolf von Ribbentrop passed away on May 20th 2019. A few days after his 98th Birthday.
A true German hero and friend.

R.I.P. Herr Rudolf.

Return to “Propaganda, Culture & Architecture”