"Die Kunst im Dritten Reich" selling on eBay

Discussions on the propaganda, architecture and culture in the Third Reich.
Mannheim

"Die Kunst im Dritten Reich" selling on eBay

Post by Mannheim » 20 Jun 2019, 00:40

Geoff's most recent post about some photos (of the construction of the Berghof) which are available on eBay set me thinking. I have a friend whose aunt has a curiosity shop in rural NSW, Australia, and who has come into possession of two copies of "Die Kunst im Dritten Reich" and several copies of "Hilf Mit" ( a newspaper for schoolchildren). My friend has asked me for a value and I must confess the circumstances confound me: how do you sell Third Reich memorabilia in a country town? My first thought was to sell them on eBay but as I understood it, eBay no longer condones the sale of such materials. Have I been badly informed ? Can she list these publications?
Kein Irrtum ist so groß, der nicht seinen Zuhörer hat.

Sejanus

Re: "Die Kunst im Dritten Reich" selling on eBay

Post by Sejanus » 20 Jun 2019, 06:57

Mannheim wrote:
20 Jun 2019, 00:40
Geoff's most recent post about some photos (of the construction of the Berghof) which are available on eBay set me thinking. I have a friend whose aunt has a curiosity shop in rural NSW, Australia, and who has come into possession of two copies of "Die Kunst im Dritten Reich" and several copies of "Hilf Mit" ( a newspaper for schoolchildren). My friend has asked me for a value and I must confess the circumstances confound me: how do you sell Third Reich memorabilia in a country town? My first thought was to sell them on eBay but as I understood it, eBay no longer condones the sale of such materials. Have I been badly informed ? Can she list these publications?
As of this writing, there are several Third Reich editions of the „Die Kunst im Dritten Reich" magazine available on eBay; there is also a book titled „Das hilf mit Buch" (TR produced glorification and propaganda of Wehrmacht heroism) but no magazines at the moment. So my guess is that eBay approves this sort of thing, that is paper TR items generally.

There is also a US based business called OD43 (http://www.od43.com/) that buys and resells this sort of thing (selling I think at a huge mark-up). And ZVAB has a lot of TR paper content, for example: https://www.zvab.com/servlet/SearchResu ... 0mit&sts=t. These sites can give one an idea of what this sort of material sells for.

Hope this is helpful.

Mannheim

Post by Mannheim » 22 Jun 2019, 00:25

Thanks, Sejanus! Most helpful. I've passed the information on.
Kein Irrtum ist so groß, der nicht seinen Zuhörer hat.

jamesmith1

Post by jamesmith1 » 03 Jul 2019, 13:58

Thanks i will try this
James travelogy

Return to “Propaganda, Culture & Architecture”