Prinzregentenplatz 16, Munich

Discussions on the propaganda, architecture and culture in the Third Reich.
FREGATTE
Location: Crawley, West Sussex, England, Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Prinzregentenplatz 16, Munich

Post by FREGATTE » 06 Jan 2021, 12:03

A question and answer section in my local newspaper, has prompted me to recall that a couple of years ago I read the novel 'Munich' by Robert Harris.
Although fiction, with an allowance for artistic licence etc., the author provided sources for the basis of his novel, which I enjoyed researching.

I was interested to note that, if true, Chamberlain had a meeting with the Reichskanzler his Munich apartment. The apartment is still there and can be viewed on Google Earth, together with, on other websites, photographs and plans of the interior. I daresay there is much information, concerning the apartment, on this forum, but I do get pleasure in research, as against having it right upfront, with little effort on my part.

It is also said to be the venue where that well known pic of photographer Lee Miller, reclining in AH's bathtub was taken.

Kindest regards,
Christopher

CraigM

Re: Prinzregentenplatz 16, Munich

Post by CraigM » 06 Jan 2021, 16:30

It is also said to be the venue where that well known pic of photographer Lee Miller, reclining in AH's bathtub was taken.
That is correct.
but I do get pleasure in research, as against having it right upfront, with little effort on my part.
In that case I won't give you this link: http://www.thirdreichruins.com/munich.htm (nor will I suggest that you search that page for "16" and start reading from there).

FREGATTE
Location: Crawley, West Sussex, England, Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Re: Prinzregentenplatz 16, Munich

Post by FREGATTE » 12 Jan 2021, 08:15

Thank you CraigM,
I find "Then and Now" photos have a fascination. I have several books in this style, as well as a publication titled "Lost London".

Kindest regards,
Christopher

Return to “Propaganda, Culture & Architecture”