Product advertising before 1945

Discussions on the propaganda, architecture and culture in the Third Reich.
Hans1906

Product advertising before 1945

Post by Hans1906 » 20 Feb 2021 13:03

I have been collecting what I call "Old Advertising" (G:"Alte Reklame") for decades, with an emphasis on posters, tin cans, and signs of all kinds.
Counter displays made of cardboard also belong to this area, here once a shot of an old display:

Does not come from my collection, the picture is an older find from the Internet, the source for the picture is unfortunately no longer known to me.
(Probably from an earlier auction catalog)

SA Drummer "Gold"
6 cigarettes 20 pfennig
With magnificent pictures - German uniforms

I would be interested in the year of creation, and the name of the graphic artist at the time ?
This display is rare in good condition, and accordingly expensive.
I look forward to informative answers, thank you!

Hans1906

P.S. I have reduced the file size of the image to 133 KB, to reduce unnecessarily long loading times.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Es ist im Leben wichtig, viel zu wissen.
Manchmal ist es noch wichtiger, zu wissen, daß man nichts weiß.

Hans1906

Re: Product advertising before 1945

Post by Hans1906 » 20 Feb 2021 19:23

A somewhat older "glass poster" (G:"Glasplakat"), produced in the late 1920s here in Germany:

Probably produced in the years 1925 - 1929 by the german company "Glasplakatefabrik Offenburg".
Founded in the year 1896, the company, founded by Wilhelm Schell produced the most famous german "Glasplakate" before the year 1960.

Link: https://www.museum-offenburg.de/html/ak ... fault=true
Advertisement for the german tobacco company "Reemtsma" at the time, the name of the cigarette brand was "Senoussi".
(An expensive brand of cigarettes, for very many years).

Hans1906

* Just for your information, the german price for the glass poster was 350.- Mark in the 1980s.
(Found on a north german flea market)
An other copy of the same quality was sold at an auction house in the city of Munich in the 1980s.
2800,- Mark at that time, plus buyer's premium and the corresponding surcharges.

And no, the glass poster is not for sale.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Es ist im Leben wichtig, viel zu wissen.
Manchmal ist es noch wichtiger, zu wissen, daß man nichts weiß.

Return to “Propaganda, Culture & Architecture”