Poster: Siege of Leningrad ?

Discussions on the propaganda, architecture and culture in the Third Reich.
Hans1906

Poster: Siege of Leningrad ?

Post by Hans1906 » 27 Feb 2021 19:03

I copied this old photo from the internet many years ago, unfortunately the source is no longer known to me.

I ask for a translation of the text of that time, also I would be very interested to know, which graphic artist designed this poster at that time ?
Posters in this size were not known to me before, I myself own some posters from german production with ukrainian lettering, printed in german printing houses in the 1940s.

I will post an example of these german posters for the Ukraine here later, I ask for patience.

Thank you for your valued advice!

Hans1906
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Es ist im Leben wichtig, viel zu wissen.
Manchmal ist es noch wichtiger, zu wissen, daß man nichts weiß.

Hans1906

Re: Poster: Siege of Leningrad ?

Post by Hans1906 » 27 Feb 2021 19:48

One of the 5 posters, printed in Germany, inscription "Hitler Befreier" ("Hitler Liberator") , photo not from my own collection, but the same poster, my copies were not folded before.
(Translated by friends from Poland in the 1980s...)

Sorry, unfortunately, I can't find my own photos in this personal "chaos" on some external hard drives at the moment,
I ask to excuse this. :lol:

Hans1906

Btw. I traded these five posters in the 1990s for a very valuable coffee set from the german brand Rosenthal, a set from the late 1920s, pure Art Deco.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Es ist im Leben wichtig, viel zu wissen.
Manchmal ist es noch wichtiger, zu wissen, daß man nichts weiß.

Return to “Propaganda, Culture & Architecture”