Poster: Siege of Leningrad ?

Discussions on the propaganda, architecture and culture in the Third Reich.
Hans1906
Banned

Poster: Siege of Leningrad ?

Post by Hans1906 » 27 Feb 2021, 20:03

I copied this old photo from the internet many years ago, unfortunately the source is no longer known to me.

I ask for a translation of the text of that time, also I would be very interested to know, which graphic artist designed this poster at that time ?
Posters in this size were not known to me before, I myself own some posters from german production with ukrainian lettering, printed in german printing houses in the 1940s.

I will post an example of these german posters for the Ukraine here later, I ask for patience.

Thank you for your valued advice!

Hans1906
Attachments
Plakat Leningrad.jpg
The paradise of the successful lends itself perfectly to a hell for the unsuccessful. (Bertold Brecht on Hollywood)

Hans1906
Banned

Re: Poster: Siege of Leningrad ?

Post by Hans1906 » 27 Feb 2021, 20:48

One of the 5 posters, printed in Germany, inscription "Hitler Befreier" ("Hitler Liberator") , photo not from my own collection, but the same poster, my copies were not folded before.
(Translated by friends from Poland in the 1980s...)

Sorry, unfortunately, I can't find my own photos in this personal "chaos" on some external hard drives at the moment,
I ask to excuse this. :lol:

Hans1906

Btw. I traded these five posters in the 1990s for a very valuable coffee set from the german brand Rosenthal, a set from the late 1920s, pure Art Deco.
Attachments
Plakat Ukraine.JPG
Plakat Ukraine.JPG (139.19 KiB) Viewed 2931 times
The paradise of the successful lends itself perfectly to a hell for the unsuccessful. (Bertold Brecht on Hollywood)

Return to “Propaganda, Culture & Architecture”