Did Adolf Hitler really say that Poland was created by German blood?

Discussions on the propaganda, architecture and culture in the Third Reich.
George L Gregory

Did Adolf Hitler really say that Poland was created by German blood?

Post by George L Gregory » 30 Apr 2021 11:17

By and large, however, Poland played only a marginal role in Hitler's major writings. What stands out from Mein Kampf and the Secret Book is Hitler's disapproval of the Polish 'race' and his agreement with the powerful anti-Polish and revisionist sentiment in Germany. Other sources of the 1920s reveal a similar attitude ('Poland was created from German blood') though again Hitler mentioned Poland only infrequently.
Christian Leitz, Nazi Foreign Policy, 1933-1941: The Road to Global War, page 64.

I tried searching online but I couldn't find anything.

Does anyone know if Hitler did write or say it in the 1920s?

wm

Re: Did Adolf Hitler really say that Poland was created by German blood?

Post by wm » 30 Apr 2021 13:45

He said that about all countries, that everything good and positive came only from the Aryan/Germanic blood was axiomatic in his theory.
About Poland, he said that during his Table Talks a few times.

George L Gregory

Post by George L Gregory » 30 Apr 2021 18:00

wm wrote:
30 Apr 2021 13:45
He said that about all countries, that everything good and positive came only from the Aryan/Germanic blood was axiomatic in his theory.
About Poland, he said that during his Table Talks a few times.
He didn't say that about "all countries". :lol:

When did he say it about Poland in the 1920s?

ostland

Post by ostland » 01 May 2021 07:11

Well, he did say about Poland when in Danzig on the 19th of September 1939:
Dieser polnische Staat, der entstanden war aus der Blutlast zahlloser deutscher Regimenter, er hat sich dann ausgedehnt auf Kosten alten deutschen Siedlungsgebietes und vor allem auf Kosten jeder Vernunft und jeder wirtschaftlichen Möglichkeit.
“This polish state - arisen from the blood of countless German regiments - has existed thanks to the robbery of German soil and for all against all common sense and economical possibilities.”
"Merken Sie sich eins; bei uns zu Haus' sind nur die Mannschaften Ostmärker. Die Herren Offiziere sind Österreicher! Servus Doktorchen!"

George L Gregory

Post by George L Gregory » 01 May 2021 16:12

ostland wrote:
01 May 2021 07:11
Well, he did say about Poland when in Danzig on the 19th of September 1939:
Dieser polnische Staat, der entstanden war aus der Blutlast zahlloser deutscher Regimenter, er hat sich dann ausgedehnt auf Kosten alten deutschen Siedlungsgebietes und vor allem auf Kosten jeder Vernunft und jeder wirtschaftlichen Möglichkeit.
“This polish state - arisen from the blood of countless German regiments - has existed thanks to the robbery of German soil and for all against all common sense and economical possibilities.”
Yes, I found the following translation:
The land of Danzig also fell victim to the insanity of the time. The Polish State as such arose as a product of this insanity. Perhaps the world is not sufficiently aware of the sacrifices Germany was forced to make for this Polish State. For there is one thing I must say: all those territories incorporated into Poland owe their cultural development exclusively to German vigor, to German diligence, and to German creative work. Motives for the tearing of more than one province from the German Reich and for incorporating them into the new Polish State were supposed ethnic necessities. And this in view of the fact that later, as a result of plebiscites in these areas, it became clear that no one in these provinces longed to become part of this Polish State. The Poland which grew on the fertile lands drenched by the blood sacrificed by countless German regiments expanded at the expense of ancient lands settled by Germans, and, above all, at the expense of reason and economic opportunity.
and:
Danzig was German, Danzig has remained German, and Danzig shall be German from now on as long as there exists a German Volk and a German Reich! Generations will come and generations will pass.
http://der-fuehrer.org/reden/english/39-09-19.htm

I'm still curious as to when he said it during the 1920s.

ostland

Post by ostland » 01 May 2021 19:28

Well, my “on top of my head”-translation wasn’t so bad, then. :lol:
"Merken Sie sich eins; bei uns zu Haus' sind nur die Mannschaften Ostmärker. Die Herren Offiziere sind Österreicher! Servus Doktorchen!"

GregSingh

Post by GregSingh » 03 May 2021 01:24

I'm still curious as to when he said it during the 1920s.
Perhaps he didn't. That was not really an important subject to raise back then.
AFAIK one of those rare occurrences he mentioned Poland in his early speeches was October 1921, after results of Silesia plebiscite.
But there he concentrated on criticizing policies of current Weimar Republic government.
The first step to immortality is death.
Jerzy Lec

Return to “Propaganda, Culture & Architecture”