Hitler nudes

Discussions on the propaganda, architecture and culture in the Third Reich.
Dan

Hitler nudes

Post by Dan » 02 Jul 2003, 15:41

This question has come up here before, but maybe Hitler really did some nude drawings. A big collection of Hitler writing and stuff is being offered for sale, including this

http://fpp.co.uk/docs/Irving/RadDi/2003/290603.html
MOST impressive is a bound volume of caricatures of Hitler and the Movement, entitled Hitler in der Karikatur der Welt: Tat gegen Tinte (Hitler as seen by the world's cartoonists: Facts vs. Ink) with a page signed by Rudolf Hess bound in at the front, dated May 1934, containing his typed explanation that he had shown the proof copy to Hitler, who had promptly taken it away and returned it to him, with a handwritten note congratulating these often hostile caricaturists for keeping the Party and himself in the public eye, which could only be to the good; Hitler had however, as he explained in writing, allowed himself to expand the brief texts accompanying the cartoons and caricatures -- and how!
I link to Irving's site, as this article has nothing to do with Holocaust denial.

Is it a massive hoax? If not, I would love to see Hitler's comments of the caricatures!

White Leopard

Post by White Leopard » 02 Jul 2003, 23:28

The book in question, Dan, was printed at the behest of Hanfstaengle, who was Hitler's press secretary at the time. It was Putzi's idea to print a collection of political cartoons done by the oppositon to help give Hitler a good-natured image with the rest of the world. Copies of this book occassionally turn up on E-Bay and other places. This would appear to be a specially bound presentation copy of the book. That, and the written commentary and autograph, would lift it to the status of being a rare book.

I would still view any nude drawings accreditied to Hitler with suspicion, however. There is still too much stuff by the forger Kujuo to be sure of these.

White Leopard

Post by White Leopard » 02 Jul 2003, 23:40

In spite of Irving's dodgey reputation on other matters, He was/is one of the best document men in the business. He knew instantly that the so-called Hitler Diaries were as false as a three-dollar bill. If he thinks they are genuine I would be inclined to take him at his word until proven otherwise.

Dan

Post by Dan » 03 Jul 2003, 01:51

I would still view any nude drawings accreditied to Hitler with suspicion, however. There is still too much stuff by the forger Kujuo to be sure of these.
Yes, especially as they are copies. And I agree about Irving's technical skills, which are uncanny. Still something seems fishy, what with secret high ranking SS immegrants and such.

White Leopard

Post by White Leopard » 03 Jul 2003, 05:09

Yes, that backstory is troubling--too full of "I forgots", "I don't knows" and "I don't where's" for my liking. If I were a buyer, I would insist on more than one expert and close scientific testing before I would accept a thing. Irving did recommend that the inks be tested and other checks could be done as well. I wouldn't swallow a thing until everything had been throughly researched.

Return to “Propaganda, Culture & Architecture”