Berghof Obersalzberg

Discussions on the propaganda, architecture and culture in the Third Reich.
Helly Angel

Post by Helly Angel » 15 Jul 2007, 17:05

Another view... the storm is coming soon there.

Geoff Walden

Post by Geoff Walden » 15 Jul 2007, 17:12

Great pics! Notice "Bormann's Tree" in the 1945 pic and Helly's color pic. The tree wasn't cut down until the 1960s, but the shoots used to be growing out of the stump there (linden tree shoots). Unfortunately, all of this area was cleared off after last winter. I haven't heard if the linden shoots are growing back.

Geoff Walden

Alp Guard

Post by Alp Guard » 15 Jul 2007, 22:25

Truffelschwein wrote:
Another question,Where did they Film Band of brothers? Im talking about Berchtesgaden.Did they actually film in Berchtesgaden or some other place? The eagles nest shown in band of brothers is not the actuall eagles nest? A fake? It looked nothing like the real eagles nest? Explain it to me.Thanks.

P.S. Im a big fan of your site.
"Berchtesgaden" in BoB was filmed in UNTERSEEN (next to Interlaken / Switzerland)
The Eagle's nest was on top of Grimsel pass, But I guess that the building shown was there by using computer technology. I don't remember a building on top of a mountain there.

"Zell a. See" was also in this region and not the real one. The Hotel, where Winters was swimming in the lake is the Grand Hotel Giessbach near Brienz. link:

http://www.giessbach.ch/de/the_grandhotel/about.php

All villages shown as french, dutch, belgian were one and the same "movie village" in England, by the way. Amazing and well done! I love BoB!

Johnnyrocket

Post by Johnnyrocket » 17 Jul 2007, 23:07

I've had these photos for years and desided to share them with fellow collectors.

Thanks

Johnnyrocket

I have newer updatd/revised images of the Berghof posters...

Post by Johnnyrocket » 20 Jul 2007, 02:15

Johnnyrocket wrote:Does anyone have images (.jpg) of Hitler's bowling ally that was on the top floor of the Berghof?

Thank you

Ps: I need it to complete my photo collection of A.H. Berghof
If you need high resolution .jpg images of the poster, please email me with your address...thank you.
Attachments
Berghof 1st Fl Low res .jpg
Berghof 1st Fl Low res .jpg (94.11 KiB) Viewed 6963 times
Berghof 2nd Fl Low res .jpg
Berghof 2nd Fl Low res .jpg (74.75 KiB) Viewed 6918 times

Johnnyrocket

Post by Johnnyrocket » 20 Jul 2007, 02:23

I've been working on these for a few months, I always wanted to combined all the images that are areound with floor plans of the Berghof. This way a person could get some idea where these areas are in relationship with the actual stucture of the Berghof also I've tried to discribe the rooms and what they are. For instance, the projection room is right off the entrance way to the far right of the main entrance door. this was also use as a store room, I hear that the projection equipment was behind the large tapastry in the great room and this was where Hitler and his guests viewed movies room America. Dowes anyone out there know what some of Hitler's favorite movies were, I use to know but have forgoten over the years.

Thank you.

Johnnyrocket

Post by Johnnyrocket » 21 Jul 2007, 23:14

Here's is a befor and after I think these are great to look at and wonder.

Johnny R.
Attachments
45.jpg
45.jpg (128.42 KiB) Viewed 6821 times

Johnnyrocket

Post by Johnnyrocket » 21 Jul 2007, 23:16

Johnnyrocket wrote:Here's is a before and after in the great room...I think these are great to look at, and wonder.

Johnny R.

Helly Angel

Post by Helly Angel » 22 Jul 2007, 00:12

Johnny, sorry my mistake! the sofa photo is Eva´s bedroom in the berghof and the photo with the Hitler portrait is the room conection between Eva´s room and Hitler´s study both in the Berghof.

These photos belong to the Nerin Gun collection.

Best regards, sorry again.

Wotan2

Post by Wotan2 » 22 Jul 2007, 11:21

Johnny has done a very good job again. More of such "then and now" would be apprechiated (sorry my ENglish is out of training).

Johnnyrocket

Need photo close up of Hitler's office lamp shade...

Post by Johnnyrocket » 24 Jul 2007, 03:12

Does anyone out there have a close up of this lamp shade? (see image attached) I've seen close up images of this shade but for some reason I can't find one now when I need to see it.

Thanks for any help out there.

Johnny R.
Attachments
s ofice lamp shade.jpg
This is the shade I'm looking for. Thank you
s ofice lamp shade.jpg (179.56 KiB) Viewed 6686 times

Johnnyrocket

Post by Johnnyrocket » 24 Jul 2007, 04:44

What was in the area where the 3d floor balcony arched window were on the Berghof?

Thanks for your help on this question.

Johnny R.

Alp Guard

Post by Alp Guard » 24 Jul 2007, 09:59

Alp Guard wrote:
Truffelschwein wrote:
Another question,Where did they Film Band of brothers? Im talking about Berchtesgaden.Did they actually film in Berchtesgaden or some other place? The eagles nest shown in band of brothers is not the actuall eagles nest? A fake? It looked nothing like the real eagles nest? Explain it to me.Thanks.

P.S. Im a big fan of your site.
"Berchtesgaden" in BoB was filmed in Unterseen (next to Interlaken / Switzerland)
The Eagle's nest was on top of Grimsel pass, But I guess that the building shown was there by using computer technology. I don't remember a building on top of a mountain there.

"Zell a. See" was also in this region and not the real one. The Hotel, where Winters was swimming in the lake is the Grand Hotel Giessbach near Brienz. link:

http://www.giessbach.ch/de/the_grandhotel/about.php

All villages shown as french, dutch, belgian were one and the same "movie village" in England, by the way. Amazing and well done! I love BoB!

Johnnyrocket

Updated Berghof floor plans (as of 7/24/07)

Post by Johnnyrocket » 24 Jul 2007, 19:10

I've updated and corrected some areas of the Berghof floor plans I've been working on. I would delet the other later image posts, but haven't figuared out how to do it yet. As before if you want these images in High Resolution just drop me an email with your email address and I'll send them out to you. Thank you...

Johnny R.
Attachments
Berghof 1st Fl low res .jpg
—.jpg Image as of 7/24/07
Berghof 1st Fl low res .jpg (186.7 KiB) Viewed 6610 times

Johnnyrocket

Image 2nd floor attached....

Post by Johnnyrocket » 24 Jul 2007, 19:12

Here is the 2nd floor of the Berghof.
Attachments
Berghof 2nd Fl low res.jpg
—.jpg image as of 7/23/07