Berghof Obersalzberg

Discussions on the propaganda, architecture and culture in the Third Reich.
Biber

Re: Berghof Obersalzberg

Post by Biber » 24 Apr 2020, 22:33

I was only joking, but if you feel the need to confess anything...

(all in good fun)

RickBamboo

Post by RickBamboo » 25 Apr 2020, 00:34

Hahaha, got it now as my englisch is not so good, living in Switzerland.

Well it was a long time ago and Geoff and me were the only guests in The Turken. On an evening, there suddenly came a new guest in to the Bar at the Turken were we drunk some good beer and it was a young Lady from Russia.
We started having good talks and she mentioned it must be very spooky out there in the middle of the night at the Berghof place in reference to that terrible past and negativ Energy and blablabla …

then she wanted to take Pictures out there from Orbs, but was scared to go by herself out in the Dark. So we got some Flashlights and walked at midnight the few meters through the forest from the Turken to the Berghof.
That Lady, I dondt remember her Name, made some Pictures with a very strong Flash she had on her camera.
She felt spooky, even a little bit scared, but Geoff and me, we felt comfortable.

Nothing bout negative Energy or stuff like that.
I nearly felt as comfortable as being in my living room, hahaha.
No bad Ghosts from the past around.

We then walked back and that was it.
The next day she showed us the Pictures she had made .. a lot of Orbs, very strange stuff indeed, never have seen some thing like that before.

You see, at the Berghof, the strangest Things can happen :-)

Untersberg

Post by Untersberg » 26 Apr 2020, 14:24

I recall again some time ago Ingrid called me down one quiet afternoon to meet an Italian friend of hers.
He at that time owned part of the so called mini Chancellry and lived there part time. He wanted to know if wad interested in buying part of it....but that's beside the point lol.
After the usual introductions he pulled a box from his bag and inside was one of the Führer' s wartime caps in field grey. As a long time collector all I can say is when I looked at it I immediately knew it was completely original. It was a strange feeling handling this item.
I believe Ingrid told me that Gūnsche had also been shown this treasure.

He later drove me to the Kanzlei in Bischofweisen that we are all do familiar with and took me into the Führer s (unused I believe) private office on the first floor ...on the corner of the building. We went through the conference room that had all the original furniture and fixtures.

Geoff will correct me but I believe, tragically Haus Keitel or Haus Jodl in the same compound has been destroyed.

Geoff Walden

Post by Geoff Walden » 26 Apr 2020, 23:35

Yes, Rick, I remember our little adventure with Varvara. :milwink:
We only went along to act as guides ... it was the neighborly thing to do. And we had to make sure she didn't burn the place down with her incense sticks!
Do you remember, I had been taking pics inside the bar, and they were all normal, except ONE, out of 10-12 shots - it was full of "orbs." Varvara was very excited by that one.
She was the only person I ever knew who stayed in one of the "dormer" rooms on the upper floor - the two rooms with the windows in the ceiling and slanting walls, and no ensuite bath facilities. That saved her some money, I'm sure.
Remember how she was traveling by herself through Germany, even though she spoke almost zero Deutsch, and only a handful of English words? She must have been very good at sign language.
Untersberg wrote:
26 Apr 2020, 14:24
He later drove me to the Kanzlei in Bischofweisen that we are all do familiar with and took me into the Führer s (unused I believe) private office on the first floor ...on the corner of the building. We went through the conference room that had all the original furniture and fixtures.
Geoff will correct me but I believe, tragically Haus Keitel or Haus Jodl in the same compound has been destroyed.
That's right - it was Jodl's house. They tore it down and built a new house on the site.
The time I was inside Hitler's office in the Kanzlei, it was someone's private apartment. He was kind enough to invite us in for a look, but nothing to see, really. except it had a nice view out the window across the meadow towards Watzmann.
"Ordnung ist das halbe Leben" - I live in the other half.
http://www.thirdreichruins.com

bayowolf

Post by bayowolf » 27 Apr 2020, 07:19

I haven't been here in a while. In case you all are still looking for Berghof plans:
http://www.worldfuturefund.org/Pictures ... n/Berg.htm
Everyone's entitled to his own opinions but no-one's entitled to his own facts.

RickBamboo

Post by RickBamboo » 28 Apr 2020, 00:15

Thank's bayowolf for this great floorplans.
Question please: What was on the Floor just under the roof, third Floor for americans, second Floor for rest of world?

CraigM

Post by CraigM » 28 Apr 2020, 04:08

RickBamboo wrote:
28 Apr 2020, 00:15
Thank's bayowolf for this great floorplans.
Question please: What was on the Floor just under the roof, third Floor for americans, second Floor for rest of world?
Yes, thanks for the link bayowolf. Great floor plans there. But I echo Rick's post - does anyone have any plans for the next level up, or even the basement?

Geoff Walden

Post by Geoff Walden » 28 Apr 2020, 17:58

There is a link somewhere back in this thread, to a nice pdf set of the full plans at one of the Munich Archives or University or somewhere. Unfortunately, I didn't save that link.
Here are plans for the upper floor and basement ... not too good of quality because these are photos of framed photocopies, but I hope they will be legible. These show the Haus before the 1938 extension ... I have never seen floor plans of the 1938 modifications - has anyone else here?
Attachments
planfloor2a.jpg
planfloor2b.jpg

Geoff Walden

Post by Geoff Walden » 28 Apr 2020, 17:59

Keller
Attachments
plankeller1.jpg
plankeller1b.jpg
plankeller1c.jpg

Annelie

Post by Annelie » 28 Apr 2020, 22:15

Here is an little sidebar..an interesting bit of history
All five, heads against the wall" – this was ordered by an SS officer to the owner of Hofbrauhaus Berchtesgaden Rudolf Kriß and four other political prisoners on April 28, 1945. They had been arrested by an SS unit near Landshut. The situation was chaotic – as everywhere in #Bavaria. Debilitated concentration camp inmates and prisoners were driven south on death marches. Thousands died of inhumane conditions or were shot. At the same time resistance arose in many cities. A few kilometers from Kriß away – in Landshut – courageous women and men tried to take power and set an end to the futile dying. Many of them were murdered. The five prisoners around Kriß escaped this fate at the last second. A veterinarian took a stand for them. They were taken to Landshut Prison and freed by US soldiers a few days later.

#weremember #digitalesmuseum #obersalzberg #wirbleibenzuhause #closedbutopen #dokumentationobersalzberg #berchtesgaden #museumvonzuhause #museumfromhome #museenentdecken #hofbrauhaus #hofbräuhaus #nsopfer #befreiung #liberation #75befreiung #wwii #thisdayinhistory #75liberation #1945 #hofbrauhausberchtesgaden

FOTO: Staatsarchiv Landshut, JVA Straubing A 787

https://www.facebook.com/doku.obersalzb ... jCww0tYuZ-

CraigM

Post by CraigM » 29 Apr 2020, 04:31

Geoff Walden wrote:
28 Apr 2020, 17:58
Here are plans for the upper floor and basement
Thanks Geoff!

Kraft

Post by Kraft » 29 Apr 2020, 09:04

Hello! What these bottles for? I frequently seen them on photos and videos of berghof.

Lassance

Post by Lassance » 29 Apr 2020, 13:26

just sunscreen...

Max

Post by Max » 29 Apr 2020, 14:27

Greetings from the Wide Brown.

Max

Post by Max » 29 Apr 2020, 14:35

A higher res shot of that window