Football, fascism and England's Nazi salute

Discussions on the propaganda, architecture and culture in the Third Reich.
Orok

Post by Orok » 08 Oct 2003, 16:56

Did the German authorities request, directly or impliedly, the nazi salute by foreign players during the play of German national anthem? Or this was given voluntarily by some foreign teams on the perceived necessity of diplomatic protocal? Did the American team do the same at the Berlin Olympic?

Regards.

tonyh

Post by tonyh » 08 Oct 2003, 17:42

Roderick wrote:
tonyh wrote: International games were stopped BECAUSE of the war. No other reason.
This is only your opinion...if not, I'd like you explain the sources of that.

Do spend a time reading "GOEBBELS" by Alan Wykes and you'll understand what I said before.

regards,

Roderick
What???????

Its not my opinion Roderick, its fact. Look at the dates I have just posted. It clearly states that International football games were going on up until November 1942. You said that "Dr. Josef Goebbels decreed that all international games was prohibited after this match." The match in question was played in May 1938. Quite obviously the Minister for Propaganda did NOT stop International Football games in 1938.

Tony

Ti.P

Post by Ti.P » 12 Oct 2003, 09:14

tonyh wrote:Some members of the England supporters still do the "nazi" salute. :D

Tony
its spread to australian goalkeeper now

reemember that aussie who got sent off a couple of years ago beofr ethe game started for giving klinnsman a "heil hitler" salute.

Jacky Kingsley

Post by Jacky Kingsley » 05 Jun 2004, 20:36

I am no authority on football - In fact what I know on the subject can be written on the back of a postage stamp (small) but I always thought before Barbarossa Germany played Russia and lost so he shot the winners.

Jacky

Return to “Propaganda, Culture & Architecture”