English Dramatisation of Hitler speeches

Discussions on the propaganda, architecture and culture in the Third Reich.
Witch-King of Angmar

Post by Witch-King of Angmar » 06 Sep 2004, 23:17

Geli wrote:Well, lots of people can be good speakers, but what is needed to be great is the combination of style and the text of the speech. A great speaker must have something to say... :)
The closest thing to a dramatisation of Hitlerian speech is the "Preacher's Final Speech" in the Children Of Dune mini-series (2003), although it deals with a totally different matter in an imaginary environment.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0287839/

~The Witch-King of Angmar

Fubbik

Re: English dramatisation

Post by Fubbik » 07 Sep 2004, 15:29

tscrawford wrote: Yeah, but the topic IS English dramatisation of Hitler speeches. Tom
Not really. What Hoolaman wrote was, could there be a translation of what Hitler said, i. e. Hitler´s speeches in English. Not just a dramatization.

What are you up to, trying for the village feast or what?

Grünherz

Re: English dramatisation

Post by Grünherz » 07 Sep 2004, 22:45

Fubbik wrote:
tscrawford wrote: Yeah, but the topic IS English dramatisation of Hitler speeches. Tom
Not really. What Hoolaman wrote was, could there be a translation of what Hitler said, i. e. Hitler´s speeches in English. Not just a dramatization.

What are you up to, trying for the village feast or what?
Well, he DID use the words "dramatised" and "dramatisation" (however the village feast sounds better than an argument).
Tom

Colbro

Post by Colbro » 12 Sep 2004, 18:49

Great speakers of the twentieth century? Doesn't Churchill get a mention?
Certain of his speeches still have a great emotional effect on me, even though I have heard them many times.

Return to “Propaganda, Culture & Architecture”