Hierarchy of the Nazi Party.

Discussions on all aspects of the NSDAP, the other party organizations and the government. Hosted by Michael Miller & Igor Karpov.
livparrich

Hierarchy of the Nazi Party.

Post by livparrich » 12 Feb 2024 02:05

I’m trying to build a chart that shows the years from 1921 to 1945 and who was the most powerful figures in the Nazi Party each year. It goes without saying that Hitler will be at the top of the list with possibly the exception of the first year or so, but under him, various heavyweights jockeyed for position and influence. And the fact that one might have a higher military/Nazi Party ranking does not mean they are above someone who is more aggressive and ambitious. Players like Von Ribbentrop started out down the list and worked their way up, but once the war started their star waned as work in their profession disappeared. Goebbels was important up until the war but was little used until towards the end when he was needed to drum up the masses in their defence of the Reich. Some, like Speer, float about but it can be dicey trying to fit them into a position and decide how powerful they really were. Others, like Ley, seem to get overlooked but had a fair amount of power and influence in their own fiefdom. Players like Himmler(SS), Goring(Luftwaffe), various Field Marshalls and other commanders, Ley(German Labour Front) etc, had solid bases behind them; but then players like Bormann would have been left foundering if Hitler had died anytime, as everything with him depended on Hitler himself. Its all very interesting and so I would put it out there and see if anyone had already made a chart or had opinions, theories etc on the subject. I have already had a few discussions with so called experts on the subject here in Australia and the moment they mention a few names, I have a pretty good idea as to how expert they actually are. Looking forward to hearing from honest thinkers.

Br. James

Re: Hierarchy of the Nazi Party.

Post by Br. James » 12 Feb 2024 14:36

Best wishes with this new project, livparrich -- I'll watch this thread with much interest!

Br. James

dgfred

Re: Hierarchy of the Nazi Party.

Post by dgfred » 12 Feb 2024 22:00

It seemed Goring had some power. After he didn't succeed in Battle of Britain, surrender at Stalingrad, etc. he still stayed among the top. Wonder why... others who failed were released, fired, shot, etc.

Return to “NSDAP, other party organizations & Government”