Hitler's photo of death

Discussions on all aspects of the NSDAP, the other party organizations and the government. Hosted by Michael Miller & Igor Karpov.
Birgitte Heuschkel

Post by Birgitte Heuschkel » 03 Dec 2002, 22:55

Indrid wrote:Drop your aggressive attitude and don't judge about something, you won't understand ever.
Actually I have to agree. There are some serious cultural differences at play here. There's pretty much no way to compare the mind-workings of a 1945 German in defeat to a modern-day American (who is not currently in defeat). Might as well argue that the dinosaurs should have committed collective suicide at the sight of the first mammal.

Caldric

Post by Caldric » 03 Dec 2002, 23:16

Indrid wrote:
Caldric wrote:Firing squad? First time I have heard that one.

Little worms should have faced up to their crimes instead of taking the coward’s route.

Most likely best though they have been worshiped enough as it is without making them Martyrs through hanging.

Drop your aggressive attitude and don't judge about something, you won't understand ever.
Understand what? That they were worms? Umm where was I agressive?

Or that they took the cowards way out as they send German Children to be cannon fodder in Berlin. Perhaps there is something I do need to understand.

Caldric

Post by Caldric » 03 Dec 2002, 23:22

Birgitte Heuschkel wrote:
Indrid wrote:Drop your aggressive attitude and don't judge about something, you won't understand ever.
Actually I have to agree. There are some serious cultural differences at play here. There's pretty much no way to compare the mind-workings of a 1945 German in defeat to a modern-day American (who is not currently in defeat). Might as well argue that the dinosaurs should have committed collective suicide at the sight of the first mammal.
What is so difficult to understand? I see nothing about them difficult, it is pretty much open to me.

Caldric

Post by Caldric » 03 Dec 2002, 23:26

Schmauser wrote:
Scott Smith wrote:
Caldric wrote:Firing squad? First time I have heard that one.
I don't recall where I read that.
I think Goebbels was shot in the head by a member of the bodyguard, Josef Ochs, then burned by Ochs and his chauffeur Alfred Rach.

~Regards Schmauser
That is interesting. I had always read he took poison, but then a lot of history has changed over the years since that day.

I wonder if that meant he could not do it himself?

Schmauser

Post by Schmauser » 04 Dec 2002, 17:26

According to Guenther Schwaegermann, Goebbels Adjutant, who testified in detail...

"it was about 20:30 when the Minister and his wife came out of the room. He very calmly went over to the coat-stand and put on his cap, coat and gloves. He then offered his wife his arm and they both left the bunker via the emergency exit into the garden without saying words. I waited in the stairwell, listening for the shots. After these had sounded, Goebbels driver SS-Ordonnanz Alfred Rach, and another SS man who's name I do not recall (Ochs), carried the petrol cans into the garden. Following Gobberls' express wish to make sure that he was dead, I told the soldier that he was to shoot him. We then left the bunker and stepped out into the glare of the houses buringing all around us and I saw the bodies of the Minister and his wife lying dead oin the dargen a few metres away. As agreed, the soldier then fired once or twice at the body of Dr Goebbels. Neither of the bodies gave any sign of movement. We then poured the petrol that had been brought up over the bodies and lit it. The bodies we immediately enveloped in flames". (The Last Days of Hitler, Anton Joachimsthaler, pg.52)

According to this he shot himself... he did have balls afterall! :D

~Regards Schmauser

Return to “NSDAP, other party organizations & Government”