Wilhelm Kube - SS-TV service?

Discussions on all aspects of the NSDAP, the other party organizations and the government. Hosted by Michael Miller & Igor Karpov.
Michael Miller
Forum Staff

Wilhelm Kube - SS-TV service?

Post by Michael Miller » 22 Feb 2007, 20:01

Hoping to get a definitive answer to the question- Is it true that disgraced former Gauleiter Kube was assigned as an SS-Rottenführer of the SS-Totenkopfverbände to KL-Dachau in January 1941, possibly remaining in this assignment until being appointed "Generalkommissar für den Generalbezirk Weissruthenien" on 17.07.1941? I've read this several times, but I've never seen documentation to fully back it up.

With many thanks in advance,
~ Mike

Andreas Schulz

Post by Andreas Schulz » 22 Feb 2007, 21:58

Hi Mike,

please see http://www.bautz.de/bbkl/k/kube_w.shtml

There you can find: "Im Herbst 1940 meldete er sich freiwillig zur Waffen-SS. Anfang 1941 wurde er eingezogen und als "SS-Rottenführer" im KZ Dachau eingesetzt (Gerlach 1999, 161)."

But I think this was a man with the same name. I think Gauleiter Kube was too old for this job.
In his SS personel file I can´t find that Kube was in the Waffen-SS as Rottenführer in 1940.

your friend
Andreas

Michael Miller
Forum Staff

Post by Michael Miller » 22 Feb 2007, 22:56

Thank you very much, Andreas. In my bio of Kube I will note that this has been claimed but that it is unlikely for the reason you've given.

Your friend auch,
~ Mike

Return to “NSDAP, other party organizations & Government”