Hitler's Meetings: Research Project

Discussions on all aspects of the NSDAP, the other party organizations and the government. Hosted by Michael Miller & Igor Karpov.
Boby

Re: Hitler's Meetings: Research Project

Post by Boby » 19 Nov 2016 14:48

On 19 March 1944 there was a supposedlly telephone (!) interview between Hitler and the Berlin correspondant of Swedish newspaper "Stockholm Tidningen"

http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/artic ... 81/8324317

http://der-fuehrer.org/reden/english/44-03-19.htm

Boby

Post by Boby » 08 Jan 2017 18:18

Interview with Ward Price on 16.9.1938 at Kehlstein (First visit??). Also Goebbels and Himmler.

Published next day in the "Daily Mail".

steve248

Post by steve248 » 23 May 2017 17:13

I am surprised no one has mentioned the daily diaries kept by Heinz Linge, Hitler's valet.

When my colleague Peter Witte and I wrote "Himmler's Diary 1945" we quoted many Linge diary entries for the meetings of Hitler with Himmler in 1945.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Himmlers-Diary ... ephen+tyas
The source for Linge's diary is IfZ Munich. MA 147. We did not quote any entries where Himmler was not present. But like the one below, it will be a daily account.

In the UK, the Imperial War Museum has Linge's diary for Hitler's meetings, 11 August-30 Dec 1943.
The reference is AL 1488/3.
I have not seen the Munich copy, but the IWM copy is handwritten in a large bound notebook.

CPB

Post by CPB » 28 Jan 2019 14:57

Here is the Berghof's long distance telephone call logbook, from April 1942 to January 1944.

The time and date of each call is logged – along with the caller’s name, the number and town they called, and how long the call lasted. It was removed from the Berghof right after the war ended. Several names are recognizable, such as “Wolf” calling Linz, Munich, Berlin and so on from room 334 (“diener des fuhrers”, or “servant of the Führer” room).

This would have been Hitler’s secretary, Johanna Wolf, calling on Hitler’s behalf. Other callers of note include Obersturmbannführer Bernhard Frank (SS Commander of the Obersalzberg complex) – and Eva Braun’s close friend Herta Schneider. Many calls made by the Head of the SS Tunnelling Company, Dr Peter Preidt, are also present, along with Hitler’s stenographer, Heinrich Heim.

I believe one day it would make an interesting research and book project for someone, as you could in theory map the events of the war around when the calls were made, and to whom.

There are 262 pages in total, too many to add here. But here are a few.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “NSDAP, other party organizations & Government”