Wilhelm Brückner

Discussions on all aspects of the NSDAP, the other party organizations and the government. Hosted by Michael Miller & Igor Karpov.
Max Williams

Wilhelm Brückner

Post by Max Williams » 19 Nov 2008, 16:43

A good photo of Hitler's former adjutant in Wehrmacht uniform.
Max.
Attachments
Brückner W.jpg
Brückner W.jpg (33.13 KiB) Viewed 6577 times

J. Duncan

Re: Wilhelm Brückner

Post by J. Duncan » 19 Nov 2008, 22:14

Yes. Nice photo. Hitler was nasty to him...fired him on the spot after years of loyal service. Does anyone remember why? Hitler did the same thing to Karl Krause...fired him on the spot over a trifle.

Roderick

Post by Roderick » 23 Nov 2008, 03:35

Really a marvelous picture; I've never seen before.

by the way, herr Brückner was said to be homosexual.

regards for all,

Roderick

jeffhan373

Post by jeffhan373 » 23 Nov 2008, 19:48

According to Timothy Rysback's new book, Hitler's Private Library, Brueckner's demise was triggered by Artur Kannenberg, Hitler's house manager. Kannenberg and an unnamed adjutant had a falling out, which led Hitler to dismiss the adjutant. At this point Brueckner intervened, saying that the adjutant in question had been blameless. Hitler once again sided with Kannenberg, and dismissed Brueckner, despite his years of service. Hitler seemed to value sycophants like Kannenberg and Theodor Morell extremely highly.

I recommend this book highly, it's well written and researched, with all sorts of fascinating tidbits in it. For example, a group of US Senators toured the ruins of the Berghof in late May 1945, by which time every single volume in Hitler's library had been taken as spoils of war. The Senators had to content themselves with taking records from his music collection...

Pitino

Post by Pitino » 11 Jan 2009, 20:32

Hey Guys,
It is a really good picture of him !!! There is a positive side to his falling out with the Fuhrer in that he did not have to escape from that Berlin rat hole in April/May 1945 or committ suicide like a lot of his former comrades did to avoid Soviet capture!! He became a Colonel in the Wehrmacht instead and survived the war! Also, I have heard that Bormann played a big role in his dismissal and as for him being a homosexual, that is false. He was the lover of Sophie Stork so maybe he was a bisexual.

Pitino

Geoff Walden

Post by Geoff Walden » 14 Jan 2009, 22:50

jeffhan373 wrote:According to Timothy Rysback's new book, Hitler's Private Library, Brückner's demise was triggered by Artur Kannenberg, Hitler's house manager. Kannenberg and an unnamed adjutant had a falling out, which led Hitler to dismiss the adjutant. At this point Brückner intervened, saying that the adjutant in question had been blameless. Hitler once again sided with Kannenberg, and dismissed Brückner, despite his years of service. Hitler seemed to value sycophants like Kannenberg and Theodor Morell extremely highly.

I recommend this book highly, it's well written and researched, with all sorts of fascinating tidbits in it. For example, a group of US Senators toured the ruins of the Berghof in late May 1945, by which time every single volume in Hitler's library had been taken as spoils of war. The Senators had to content themselves with taking records from his music collection...
This info has been covered in several of the Berghof regulars' memoirs, as I recall. I think Christa Schröder recounted it, and I know the story is in Nicolaus von Below's book, in almost these same words. These must have been Ryback's sources - nothing new.

Without going back and looking it up, I think this incident was also dicussed on this forum at one time. Wasn't the "unnamed adjutant" Max Wünsche? He was also dismissed as an adjutant at that same time.

Geoff Walden

Max Williams

Post by Max Williams » 14 Jan 2009, 23:08

Geoff is right. I think Kannenberg and Wünsche fell out over some water.
Max.

Pitino

Post by Pitino » 16 Jan 2009, 01:23

-Artur Kannenberg- (1896-1963) Hitler's Steward and Majordomo of the Reich Chancellery
-Was a former cook, waiter and bookeeper before running his father's restaurant
-(1930)- Was running the pub where Goring and Goebbels met
-(1931)- Began running the mess at the Brown House in Munich
-(1933)- Appointed Majordomo of the Reich Chancellery
-Later became Hitler's Housekeeper
-(1940)- Involved in the dispute that led to the firing of Wilhelm Bruckner
-(April 1945)- Ordered by Hitler to remove all of Hitler's personal property from the Bunker and remove the State Porcelain from the Chancellery
-He was then ordered to fly with the possessions to Bayreuth and return to Berlin
-He never returned to Berlin
-Survived the war and later ran a pub in Dusseldorf

Pitino

AlifRafikKhan

Post by AlifRafikKhan » 07 Sep 2009, 21:11

Another excellent photo of this man...

Source : http://snyderstreasures.com/images/auto ... ignedF.jpg
Attachments
AutoPCBruckmannSignedF.jpg
AutoPCBruckmannSignedF.jpg (190.86 KiB) Viewed 5478 times

von thoma

Post by von thoma » 15 Jul 2012, 21:25

Wilhem Brückner with Gerda Christian.
I believe this picture is not well known,( At least for me).
Someone knows the Bruckner's height ?
G&B.jpg
G&B.jpg (23.82 KiB) Viewed 4515 times
Photo:http://www.fold3.com/page/285976476_hit ... inal_days/
" The right to believe is the right of those who don't know "

Geoff Walden

Post by Geoff Walden » 16 Jul 2012, 14:04

I recently read a different angle on this story. In Jochen von Lang's biography of Martin Bormann (The Secretary in the English edition, 1979), pp. 208-209 cover this incident, but Lang says that it started when the Crown Princess of Italy visited the Kehlsteinhaus in October 1940 and burned her mouth on tea that was served too hot, causing Hitler to be embarrassed, and to apologize to her. Lang says Bormann blamed this on Brückner, which led to his dismissal.

Geoff Walden wrote:
jeffhan373 wrote:According to Timothy Rysback's new book, Hitler's Private Library, Brückner's demise was triggered by Artur Kannenberg, Hitler's house manager. Kannenberg and an unnamed adjutant had a falling out, which led Hitler to dismiss the adjutant. At this point Brückner intervened, saying that the adjutant in question had been blameless. Hitler once again sided with Kannenberg, and dismissed Brückner, despite his years of service. Hitler seemed to value sycophants like Kannenberg and Theodor Morell extremely highly.

This info has been covered in several of the Berghof regulars' memoirs, as I recall. I think Christa Schröder recounted it, and I know the story is in Nicolaus von Below's book, in almost these same words. These must have been Ryback's sources - nothing new.

Without going back and looking it up, I think this incident was also dicussed on this forum at one time. Wasn't the "unnamed adjutant" Max Wünsche? He was also dismissed as an adjutant at that same time.

Geoff Walden

Mannheim

Post by Mannheim » 18 Jul 2012, 05:50

That picture of Bruckner with Gerda christian intrigues me: it's the only photo I've ever seen where someone other than Hitler is wearing what appears to be an army eagle on his left arm. Can someone better qualified than me comment on this?
Kein Irrtum ist so groß, der nicht seinen Zuhörer hat.

Mark Costa

Post by Mark Costa » 18 Jul 2012, 13:29

Mannheim:

the practice was not that unusual. Many high ranking officials later in the war disgarded their armbands for eagles. Some were army styles and some SS style. This particular uniform was very rare and was worn only by members of Hitler's staff who were members of the SA. The eagle is silver in color with a red background backing denoting the SA. I know of at least two people off hand, to have worn this type of uniform, Brückner and SA Obersturmführer Vater who was in charge of Hitler's valets and kitchen staff.

Mark Costa

jeffhan373

Post by jeffhan373 » 18 Jul 2012, 17:12

Does anyone have an explanation for the nickname the members of Hitler's inner circle had for Brueckner: Owambo, or something like that?

Mark Costa

Post by Mark Costa » 18 Jul 2012, 18:23

Mannheim:

Here is a photo of SA Obersturmfuhrer Vater wearing the FHQ SA uniform. Photo taken around 1942-42. Vater was head of the Fûhrer's kitchen staff and all the SS Valets. Why an SA man was chosen for this role is unknown. But all SS valets were under his direction.

Mark Costa
Attachments
SA Oberstmfr Vater.jpg

Return to “NSDAP, other party organizations & Government”