Gauleiter Questions and Answers

Discussions on all aspects of the NSDAP, the other party organizations and the government. Hosted by Michael Miller & Igor Karpov.
Pitino
Member
Posts: 1859
Joined: 24 Dec 2008 08:58
Location: Elizabethtown, Kentucky

Re: Gauleiter Questions and Answers

Post by Pitino » 28 Dec 2008 17:20

Max Williams wrote:Pitino,
Both you and Mark Costa have omitted to mention Hubert Klausner, the first 'official' Gauleiter of Kärnten, 22 May 1938 - 12 Feb 1939.
Max.

Max,
I knew Klausner was the Deputy Gauleiter of Karnten from (January 1933-March 3,1936) . Also, I have seen where he served as the first official Gauleiter of Karnten from (May 22,1938-February 12,1939), but I have also seen where he was named Deputy to Gauleiter Josef Burckel on May 22,1938. So without real proof I did not include him in my list above. Provide me with a reputable source and I will gladly add him to the list, because I am all for getting my Third Reich history correct!!!!
Thanks,
Pitino

Max Williams
Member
Posts: 10196
Joined: 04 Feb 2003 16:57
Location: London

Re: Gauleiter Questions and Answers

Post by Max Williams » 28 Dec 2008 20:51

No problem.
1) BA SSO file Klausner;
2) Statisten in Uniform, Lilla, Droste Verlag 2004, p313;
3) Hitlers Politische Generale, Höffkes, Grabert Verlag 1986, p181.
There are other sources, but that should be enough.
He served as Bürckel's Deputy Reichskommissar simultaneously as Gauleiter of Kärnten.
Max.

Pitino
Member
Posts: 1859
Joined: 24 Dec 2008 08:58
Location: Elizabethtown, Kentucky

Re: Gauleiter Questions and Answers

Post by Pitino » 28 Dec 2008 22:52

Max Williams wrote:No problem.
1) BA SSO file Klausner;
2) Statisten in Uniform, Lilla, Droste Verlag 2004, p313;
3) Hitlers Politische Generale, Höffkes, Grabert Verlag 1986, p181.
There are other sources, but that should be enough.
He served as Bürckel's Deputy Reichskommissar simultaneously as Gauleiter of Kärnten.
Max.

Max,
Thanks for the references! So did Kutschera serve as the acting Gauleiter of Karnten while Klausner was serving as Burckel's Deputy and then take over for Klausner after he died on February 12,1939?
Pitino

Pitino
Member
Posts: 1859
Joined: 24 Dec 2008 08:58
Location: Elizabethtown, Kentucky

Re: Gauleiter Questions and Answers

Post by Pitino » 28 Dec 2008 23:52

-Anyone have place of death for Fritz Wachtler?

-Anyone have month, day, and place of death for Siegfried Uiberreither?
Pitino

User avatar
VJK
Member
Posts: 4546
Joined: 07 Apr 2002 15:50
Location: Riga, Latvia

Re: Gauleiter Questions and Answers

Post by VJK » 29 Dec 2008 12:10

Hi!

Uiberreither died on 29. December 1984 in Sindelfingen. Wächtler was shot at the Hotel Herzogau in Waldmünchen.

Best regards,

VJK

Pitino
Member
Posts: 1859
Joined: 24 Dec 2008 08:58
Location: Elizabethtown, Kentucky

Re: Gauleiter Questions and Answers

Post by Pitino » 29 Dec 2008 15:26

VJK wrote:Hi!

Uiberreither died on 29. December 1984 in Sindelfingen. Wächtler was shot at the Hotel Herzogau in Waldmünchen.

Best regards,

VJK

VJK,
Much appreciated!!!
Pitino

Pitino
Member
Posts: 1859
Joined: 24 Dec 2008 08:58
Location: Elizabethtown, Kentucky

Re: Gauleiter Questions and Answers

Post by Pitino » 30 Dec 2008 00:34

-Anyone have a place of death for Adolf Wagner (probably Munich, but unsure)?

-Anyone have a place of death fo Viktor Lutze?

-Anyone have a correct day of death for Josef Terboven (have seen May 8,1945,May 11,1945,and May 9,1945)?

Igor Karpov
Host - ABR sections
Posts: 2272
Joined: 17 Dec 2008 17:21

Re: Gauleiter Questions and Answers

Post by Igor Karpov » 30 Dec 2008 07:28

Pitino wrote:-Anyone have a place of death for Adolf Wagner (probably Munich, but unsure)?

-Anyone have a place of death fo Viktor Lutze?

-Anyone have a correct day of death for Josef Terboven (have seen May 8,1945,May 11,1945,and May 9,1945)?
1. May 2, 1943, Potsdam.

2. My information is May 9, 1945 with Rediess.

Pitino
Member
Posts: 1859
Joined: 24 Dec 2008 08:58
Location: Elizabethtown, Kentucky

Re: Gauleiter Questions and Answers

Post by Pitino » 30 Dec 2008 11:50

Transpspeer wrote:
Pitino wrote:-Anyone have a place of death for Adolf Wagner (probably Munich, but unsure)?

-Anyone have a place of death fo Viktor Lutze?

-Anyone have a correct day of death for Josef Terboven (have seen May 8,1945,May 11,1945,and May 9,1945)?
1. May 2, 1943, Potsdam.

2. My information is May 9, 1945 with Rediess.
Transpspeer,
Thanks for the Lutze answer!! I have seen evidence to the Terboven date as well, but still unsure. Every book you read has a different date. If you find anything out about Wagner please notify me.
Pitino

Igor Karpov
Host - ABR sections
Posts: 2272
Joined: 17 Dec 2008 17:21

Re: Gauleiter Questions and Answers

Post by Igor Karpov » 30 Dec 2008 11:56

Pitino wrote:
Transpspeer wrote:
Pitino wrote:-Anyone have a place of death for Adolf Wagner (probably Munich, but unsure)?

-Anyone have a place of death fo Viktor Lutze?

-Anyone have a correct day of death for Josef Terboven (have seen May 8,1945,May 11,1945,and May 9,1945)?
1. May 2, 1943, Potsdam.

2. My information is May 9, 1945 with Rediess.
Transpspeer,
Thanks for the Lutze answer!! I have seen evidence to the Terboven date as well, but still unsure. Every book you read has a different date. If you find anything out about Wagner please notify me.
Pitino
O'key, deal. Well, my date goes from Andrew Mollo's "Uniforms of SS", Volume 2, page 35.

Pitino
Member
Posts: 1859
Joined: 24 Dec 2008 08:58
Location: Elizabethtown, Kentucky

Re: Gauleiter Questions and Answers

Post by Pitino » 30 Dec 2008 12:54

Transpspeer,
"Hitler's Political Generals:The Gauleiters(including the Reichsleiters)" by David Lyne-Gordon has May 11,1945. "Hitler and his Generals(Military Conferences 1942-1945)" by Helmut Heiber and David M. Glantz has May 8,1945. Then in the book "Allgemeine-SS(The Commands, Units and Leaders of the General-SS)" by Mark C. Yerger confirms what you have in May 9,1945.
Pitino

Pitino
Member
Posts: 1859
Joined: 24 Dec 2008 08:58
Location: Elizabethtown, Kentucky

Re: Gauleiter Questions and Answers

Post by Pitino » 30 Dec 2008 21:58

-Anyone have the date of death, place of death, and reason of death for Albert Hoffmann?

-Anyone have day of death (May ?,1945),place of death, and reason of death for Heinrich Haake?

-Anyone have place of death for Paul Giesler (maybe Munich)?

Igor Karpov
Host - ABR sections
Posts: 2272
Joined: 17 Dec 2008 17:21

Re: Gauleiter Questions and Answers

Post by Igor Karpov » 31 Dec 2008 10:59

Pitino wrote:-Anyone have the date of death, place of death, and reason of death for Albert Hoffmann?

-Anyone have day of death (May ?,1945),place of death, and reason of death for Heinrich Haake?

-Anyone have place of death for Paul Giesler (maybe Munich)?
Albert Hoffmann - August 26, 1972, Bremen.

Pitino
Member
Posts: 1859
Joined: 24 Dec 2008 08:58
Location: Elizabethtown, Kentucky

Re: Gauleiter Questions and Answers

Post by Pitino » 31 Dec 2008 11:07

Transpspeer wrote:
Pitino wrote:-Anyone have the date of death, place of death, and reason of death for Albert Hoffmann?

-Anyone have day of death (May ?,1945),place of death, and reason of death for Heinrich Haake?

-Anyone have place of death for Paul Giesler (maybe Munich)?
Albert Hoffmann - August 26, 1972, Bremen.
Transpspeer,
Thanks for the Hoffmann answer!!!
Pitino

Phil Nix
In memoriam
Posts: 9498
Joined: 15 Oct 2002 10:52
Location: Birmingham England

Re: Gauleiter Questions and Answers

Post by Phil Nix » 31 Dec 2008 12:31

Max Williams wrote:
Phil Nix wrote:I have Fritz Kraus as Gauleiter Steiermark 8.1926 - 12.1926
Phil Nix
Sorry, Phil, I'm not quite sure what your point is. Please explain to this senile old fool!
Max.
See post by Pitino dated 26.12.08 2.05pm
Phil Nix

Return to “NSDAP, other party organizations & Government”