Gauleiter Questions and Answers

Discussions on all aspects of the NSDAP, the other party organizations and the government. Hosted by Michael Miller & Igor Karpov.
freddiefro

Re: Gauleiter Questions and Answers

Post by freddiefro » 09 May 2018 14:25

alanlee wrote:My question is: I have noticed that some of uniform of Gauleiter wear was two pieces of oak leave at caller, but others with eagle has added.
The eagle was added to the Gauleiter collar-tabs as part of the 4th and final pattern of rank structure & rank insignia for the political leader (it was accepted in May 1939 and introduced shortly after September 1939).

Fred

alanlee

Post by alanlee » 24 May 2018 06:23

freddiefro wrote:
alanlee wrote:My question is: I have noticed that some of uniform of Gauleiter wear was two pieces of oak leave at caller, but others with eagle has added.
The eagle was added to the Gauleiter collar-tabs as part of the 4th and final pattern of rank structure & rank insignia for the political leader (it was accepted in May 1939 and introduced shortly after September 1939).

Fred
Noted with Thanks.

JoeN

Post by JoeN » 29 May 2018 21:36

Pitino wrote:-I was later provided with a list of some of the Landesinspekteurs by a member of the Forum through a private message. A reform took place inside the Party during the summer of 1932. The Post of Landesinspekteur and Reichsinspekteur were created following the shuffle, but they did not last long and were abolished in December 1932. I would like to express my sincerest thanks to the Forum member who gave us the info. Here is a list of the Party members that held the title of Landesinspekteur:

Landesinspektionen-(July 15,1932-December 1932)
-Ost-(Gaue Schlesien,Ostpreussen,Danzig)
-(August 17,1932-December 9,1932)- Helmuth Bruckner
-Berlin
-(July 15,1932-December 9,1932)- Paul Gustav Schulz ? (not positive)
-Mitteldeutschland-Brandenburg
-(July 15,1932-December 9,1932)- Wilhelm Friedrich Loeper
-Nord
-(July 15,1932-December 9,1932)- Hinrich Lohse
-Niedersachsen-(Gaue Westfalen-Nord,Westfalen-Sud,Weser-Ems,Ost-Hannover,Sud-Hannover)
-(July 15,1932-September 9,1932)- Bernhard Rust
-Bayern
-(July 15,1932-December 9,1932)- Robert Ley
-Sachsen-Thuringen
-(July 15,1932-December 9,1932)- Martin Mutschmann
-Sudwest-(Gaue Hessen-Nassau-Sud,Hessen-Darmstadt,Wurttemberg,Baden)
-(July 15,1932-December 9,1932)- Jakob Sprenger
-West-(Gaue Dusseldorf,Essen,Koblenz-Trier,Koln-Aachen,Saar)
-(July 15,1932-December 9,1932)- Heinrich Haake
-Osterreich
-(August 20,1932-July 26,1934)- Theo Habicht

Pitino
I recently came across this post in trying to research the Landesinspekteurs appointed in the Strasser reforms of July 1932. This post was extremely helpful in helping to track down the information. However, I note that you had some uncertainty about the Berlin appointment of Paul Gustav Schulz and so, I did some additional digging. I have located other sources that state the Berlin appointment actually went to Joseph Goebbels, the gauleiter of Berlin. Martin Bioszat's "The Hitler State" p. 45, lists Goebbels as the Landesinspekteur for Berlin. Likewise, Michael Miller & Andreas Schulz' "The Gauleiters, Vol. 1" p. 290 lists Goebbels as the Berlin appointee in June 1932.

One further point of clarification: "The Gauleiters, Vol. 2" p.194 lists Robert Ley as the Bavarian Landesinspekteur in an acting capacity since June 10, 1932. He was simultaneously the Reichsinspekteur II, overseeing four other Landesinspekteurs.

I hope you find this clarification helpful, and thank you once again for your excellent legwork in raising this interesting issue and identifying all the other Landesinspekteurs.

J. Duncan

Post by J. Duncan » 23 Sep 2018 13:40

Can anyone tell me who is the man to right of Bishop Mueller? I cannot remember his name. Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

allenstein
Financial supporter

Post by allenstein » 23 Sep 2018 16:14

I think it's August Jäger.

/Bengt

Michael Miller
Forum Staff

Post by Michael Miller » 23 Sep 2018 16:25

It is August Jäger. Never a Gauleiter.
Here is his entry from Das Deutsche Führerlexikon 1934/1935.

~ Mike
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

J. Duncan

Post by J. Duncan » 23 Sep 2018 17:55

Thanks Mike (and allenstein). Sorry I put this here. I had confused this individual in my mind with Gauleiter Murr...the brush like hair threw me off and I finally remembered Murr’s name only to realize through image search Murr wasn’t the guy with Mueller( Murr has glasses and no saber slash on his cheek) I’m still glad to find out who this Jager is though.
Thanks again, John

Juan G. C.

Post by Juan G. C. » 11 Jan 2019 19:22

I do not know if this is the right place to make this question. Were the gauleiters invited to the official ceremony of the Heroes' Memorial Day at the Zeughaus in Berlin?

Thank you very much:

Juan G. C.

Mark Costa

Post by Mark Costa » 14 Jan 2019 01:29

I would have to say no. Every photo I have seen of these events very few gauleiters are present. The only ones I can recall are Rust, Goebbels, von Schirach, Burckel. Goebbels and Rust held gov't ministers positions so they certainly would be expected to attend. Other Party functionaries attended such as the Reichsleiters and heads of the Party Formations ie -- SS, SA, NSKK, NSFK, RAD, HJ etc. But as a military affair the gauleiters probably were not on the invite list nor expected to attend, whereas the others were expected as most their offices were in Berlin.

Mark Costa

Juan G. C.

Post by Juan G. C. » 14 Jan 2019 21:26

Thank you very much, Mark. In the photographs I have seen there are many party leaders and officials, but most are unidentifiable. If anyone has more information, it will be very wellcome.

Juan G. C.

Return to “NSDAP, other party organizations & Government”