Highest NSDAP Rank Holders: Dienstleiter-Hauptbefehlsleiter

Discussions on all aspects of the NSDAP, the other party organizations and the government. Hosted by Michael Miller & Igor Karpov.
Pitino

Re: Highest NSDAP Rank Holders: Dienstleiter-Hauptbefehlslei

Post by Pitino » 17 Mar 2012 16:19

-Here is an update!

-Karl Holz-(September 20, 1942)- appt. Befehlsleiter der NSDAP

-Bayerische Landesbibliothek Online

Pitino

Pitino

Re: Reich Hauptdienstleiter

Post by Pitino » 29 Mar 2012 22:56

Igor Karpov wrote:
Pitino wrote:-Friedrich Karl Janowsky-(1940)- Oberdienstleiter der NSDAP

Pitino
Actually, he was Hauptdienstleiter. So, push him up.

Regards,
Igor
Igor,
-I have evidence of Janowsky holding the HDL der NSDAP rang as early as (July 7, 1942) when he was promoted to Reichskassenwalter des NSRDS. However, there are also at least 2 signed documents where Janowsky is listed with the Oberbefehlsleiter der NSDAP rang. He signed them like this: i.V. Janowsky Oberbefehlsleiter and he signed one of them on (March 7, 1941) which is a full year ahead of the (July 7, 1942) HDL der NSDAP evidence. So, is it possible that he ws serving as an i.V. Oberbefehlsleiter for his boss, Hilgenfeldt? Also, he signed a document on (April 9, 1940) like this: i.V. Janowsky Hauptamtsleiter. I know for a fact that he was promoted to HAL der NSDAP in (December 1935) so why woul he have the i.V. in front of his name? Again, is it possible that he was serving as the i.V. Hauptamtsleiter for his boss, Hilgenfeldt, during that period too. Could he have been the representative for Hilgenfeldt in the Hauptamts fur Volkswohlfahrt during those times? Can anyone shed light here? For now I will say that I know for sure that Janowsky was HDL der NSDAP as early as (July 7, 1942) and not the ODL der NSDAP rank like I had on the earlier post.

-("Die NSV", P.401, P.423, P.399)

pITINO

Pitino

Re: Reich Hauptdienstleiter

Post by Pitino » 16 Jun 2012 21:06

Pitino wrote:
Igor Karpov wrote:
Pitino wrote:-No problem!!!! My mind stays in the gutter at times as well!!! I think we can finally put the Wilhelm Baur/Hauptbefehlsleiter topic to rest!!! His final NSDAP rank was Hauptdienstleiter der NSDAP!!!!

Pitino
Eh, not so fast, guys. I was right, when I talked about his last rank as Hauptbefehlsleiter. Apparently, Bormann had a very good coat, for which Baur had carefully looked after. :)

So, here we have a chronology of Baur's ranks at a certain date, compiled by me using original documents.

1. Rank - Hauptdienstleiter, Date - February 6, 1942;

2. Rank - Hauptdienstleiter; Date - April 9, 1943;

3. Rank - Oberbefehlsleiter; Date - April 16, 1943;

4. Rank - Oberbefehlsleiter; Date - December 3, 1943;

5. Rank - Oberbefehlsleiter; Date - June 22, 1944;

6. Rank - Hauptbefehlsleiter; Date - August 21, 1944.

Anyway, the point is that it was possible to jump from two to three grades in the party hierarchy. For example, in September 1, 1942 the Oberdienstleiter Arno Schickedanz was presented to the award of rank Oberbefehlsleiter, but Oberbereichsleiter Walter Malletke and Oberbereichsleiter Dr. Georg Leibbrandt (which Mark mistakenly identified as Oberbefehlsleiter - so correct your list, Pitino) - of Oberdienstleiter. Of course, it doesn't mean that they actually received the reffered titles, but I'm working to obtain confirmation or refutation of any of their promotion.

Regards,
Igor

Igor,
-Great work on the Baur chronology!!! I will bump him up to the list of Hauptbefehlsleiter as soon as I come out with my new list. Also, are you saying that Malletke and Leibbrandt jumped from Oberbereichsleiter to Oberdienstleiter? If so when did this take place, because I have a positive transmission listing Walther Malletke as holding the rank of Oberebereichsleiter der NSDAP on (Janauary 8,1943).

Pitino
Igor,
-Where is your source for the Schickedanz (September 1, 1942) promotion to OBefL date? According to Das Bundesarchives Schickedanz was already Oberbefehlsleiter Schickedanz in (August 1942)! He is clearly referred to as Oberbefehlsleiter Schickedanz in a conversation between him and Chef des SS-Hauptamtes, Berger. They were discussing the Reichskommissariat Kaukasien. Apparently SS-Brigadefuhrer Jost was appointed zum Generalkommissar und Verwendung als Beauftragter des Reichskommissars fur Kaukasien bei der zuständigen Heeresgruppe Transkaukasien.. Also, Dr. Draeger was posted to the Reichskommissariat Kaukasien as well. So, it seems like Schickedanz had to be appointed OBefL before your (September 1, 1942) date!

-(Das Bundesarchives, NS 19/1859)

Pitino

Phil Nix
In memoriam

Post by Phil Nix » 18 Jun 2012 13:28

How about SS Bf Hans Saupert who was Hauptdienstleiter 1.9.34 and Hauptbefehlsleiter on the 20th April 1940 and he was Hauptbefehlsleiter z.V. im Ruhestand 1.1.1943. Is there any more on him
Phil Nix

Igor Karpov
Host - ABR sections

Post by Igor Karpov » 20 Jun 2012 12:24

Herbert Hänssgen held the rank of Befehlsleiter der NSDAP as early as August 4, 1941.

Regards,
Igor

Pitino

Post by Pitino » 27 Jul 2012 21:04

-I have found a surprisingly new Befehlsleiter der NSDAP!!!! On (August 27, 1943), BefL Schütt sent a transmission to the Parteikanzlei. I have come across Schütt before, but I had no idea that he held the Befehlsleiter rank! He was the Verbindungsmann der RPL beim PKzl.. However, I cannot find his first name? Does anyone out there know it?

-("Schriftenreihe der Vierteljahrshefte für Zeitsgeschichte, Volume 94", p.181)

Pitino

Pitino

Post by Pitino » 03 Aug 2012 13:49

-Anyone have the positive first name to our neue Befehlsleiter, Schütt?????

Pitino

Pitino

Post by Pitino » 11 Aug 2012 15:07

Followers,
-I am half way through with a new and much updated list!!!! It will include the dienstränge HBefL. through BerL. der NSDAP. It will have some additions along with many updated appointment dates! For now, this will make you a little thirsty for more. We have positively identified a new Oberbefehlsleiter!!!!! Herbert Parson was listed as Befehlsleiter in the old list, but he positively was promoted to OBefL on (April 20, 1944)!!!!!

-Herbert Parson- (Appt. April 20, 1944)- OBefL als Stellvertreter Gauleiter des Gaues Tirol-Vorarlberg der NSDAP

-("Jahrbuch der Juristen Zeitsgeschichte Band 8 2006/2007", p.40)
Pitino

Pitino

Post by Pitino » 24 Aug 2012 15:28

-After much time and research I can finally state that Dr. Fritz Todt did indeed hold the NSDAP rank of Hauptdienstleiter!!!!! Earlier, Igor had stated that Todt was appointed that rank on (December 16, 1938). I do not know if that appointment date is correct, but I can say that on (May 17, 1939) Todt was referred to als Hauptdienstleiter Dr. Todt. Apparently, from (May 10-May 16) the NSBDT took a "Nazi Voyage for Technik" through the "KdF" der DAF to some Norwegian Fjords and that voyage was covered by NS-Partei-Korrespondenz. In a report after the cruise (May 17, 1939) was over Todt was referred to als HDL der NSDAP Todt . So, I still do not know if Igor's appt. date is correct, but it seems to be all together very possible. I can state for sure that Todt was a Pre War HDL der NSDAP and that he was appt. before (May 17, 1939).

-(PDF- "Volksgemeinschaft Engineers: The Nazi "Voyages of Technology", p. 474, note 131)

Pitino

Igor Karpov
Host - ABR sections

Post by Igor Karpov » 26 Aug 2012 14:22

Dr. Otto Thierack in uniform of Oberbefehlsleiter der NSDAP.

Regards,
Igor
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

goofy

Post by goofy » 09 Sep 2012 19:11

Nice portrait of Erich Hilgenfeldt. ullstein
Michal
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mark Costa

Post by Mark Costa » 11 Sep 2012 20:37

A nice photo of Friedrich Schmidt wearing the Hauptbefehlsleiter uniform.

Mark Costa

Igor Karpov
Host - ABR sections

Post by Igor Karpov » 14 Sep 2012 09:31

About Dr. Theo Hupfauer: he listed as Hauptdienstleiter der NSDAP as early as (or "as late as") July 31, 1944.

Regards,
Igor

Pitino

Post by Pitino » 15 Sep 2012 00:47

Igor Karpov wrote:About Dr. Theo Hupfauer: he listed as Hauptdienstleiter der NSDAP as early as (or "as late as") July 31, 1944.

Regards,
Igor
-I would love to add it that to the updated list, but what is your reputable source?

Pitino

Igor Karpov
Host - ABR sections

Post by Igor Karpov » 15 Sep 2012 10:24

Pitino wrote:-I would love to add it that to the updated list, but what is your reputable source?Pitino
Un classique intemporel - Völkischer Beobachter, July 31, 1944. :)

Regards,
Igor

Return to “NSDAP, other party organizations & Government”