Pre- War Reichshauptamtsleiters

Discussions on all aspects of the NSDAP, the other party organizations and the government. Hosted by Michael Miller & Igor Karpov.
Pitino

Re: Pre- War Reichshauptamtsleiters

Post by Pitino » 06 Oct 2012, 00:05

-I have discovered 2 new Pre-War Hauptamtsleitern der NSDAP!!! The first is a mysterious gentleman named HAL Evarist Straehler. He was Leiter des Revisionsamt der Reichsschatzmeisters der NSDAP in the 1935 and 1936 NSDAP Jahrbuch. The other was another mystery man named HAL Richard Arauner. In the 1935 NSDAP Jahbuch he was Leiter des Abteilung A (Agrarpolitische Apparat) beim Amt fur Agrarpolitik der NSDAP. In the 1937 Jahrbuch he was HAL als Sonderbeauftragte des Reichsamt fur Agrarpolitik along with Backe, von Kanne, and Meinberg. He was also Leiter des Amt Personal und Organisation des Reichsamt fur Agrarpolitik der NSDAP.

-sources: (1935, 1936, &1937 NSDAP Jahrbuch)

Pitino

Pitino

Post by Pitino » 07 Oct 2012, 17:39

-Here is one more Pre-War Hauptamtsleiter!!! In 1939, Hermann Haag is listed als Hauptamtsleiter Hermann Haag with regard to his post als Sonderbeauftragter für Finanz- und Verwaltungsangelegenheiten des Reichsschatzmeisters der NSDAP.

-("Führer durch die Behörden und Organisationen", p. 12)

Pitino

Michael Miller
Forum Staff

Post by Michael Miller » 07 Oct 2012, 17:45

Thank you for keeping up the great and diligent work, Pitino. It is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
~ Mike

Pitino

Post by Pitino » 16 Oct 2012, 22:36

-I need to make a correction! Paul Wegener never held the Pre-War rank of NSDAP Hauptamtsleiter[/b]! I had him holding that rank from (July 11, 1934-August 8, 1936). However, he did indeed hold the Pre-War rank of Amtsleiter der NSDAP in der Stab des StdF from (July 11, 1934-August 8, 1936). Thanks!

Pitino

Pitino

Post by Pitino » 16 Oct 2012, 23:16

-I have found a number of new Pre-War Hauptamtsleiter der NSDAP! The first one is Edgar Brinkmann and in (1936) he is listed als Hauptamtsleiter der NSDAP in der Hauptverwaltung fur die Presse along with Wilhelm Baur, Heinrich Korth, Rolf Rienhardt, and Wilhelm Weiss.. The next 3 all come form the Reichskassenverwaltung (Reichsschatzmeisterei) der NSDAP. In (1936), Friedrich Haasz, Georg Grabl, and Paul Janowsky are all listed als Hauptamtsleiter der NSDAP in der Reichskassenverwaltung. The others listed along with them are Richard Buchner, Wilhelm Damson, Friedrich Geisselbrecht, Hermann Haag, Herbert Hanssgen, Hermann Ried, Wilhelm Röder and Evarist Straehler. All 4 new men are not well known as of now, but in (1936) they all held the high NSDAP rank of Hauptamtsleiter der NSDAP!

-("Verordnungsblatt der Reichsleitung, 1936")

Pitino

Pitino

Post by Pitino » 26 Jan 2013, 18:52

Pitino wrote:-I have found a number of new Pre-War Hauptamtsleiter der NSDAP! The first one is Edgar Brinkmann and in (1936) he is listed als Hauptamtsleiter der NSDAP in der Hauptverwaltung fur die Presse along with Wilhelm Baur, Heinrich Korth, Rolf Rienhardt, and Wilhelm Weiss.. The next 3 all come form the Reichskassenverwaltung (Reichsschatzmeisterei) der NSDAP. In (1936), Friedrich Haasz, Georg Grabl, and Paul Janowsky are all listed als Hauptamtsleiter der NSDAP in der Reichskassenverwaltung. The others listed along with them are Richard Buchner, Wilhelm Damson, Friedrich Geisselbrecht, Hermann Haag, Herbert Hanssgen, Hermann Ried, Wilhelm Röder and Evarist Straehler. All 4 new men are not well known as of now, but in (1936) they all held the high NSDAP rank of Hauptamtsleiter der NSDAP!

-("Verordnungsblatt der Reichsleitung, 1936")

Pitino
-I have a correction to make! The above name should be Hauptamtsleiter Georg Gradl "not Grabl"! In the 1934 NSDAP Jahrbuch he is listed als Reichsrevisor des Reichsschatzmeisters der NSDAP along with other Reichsrevisoren that include: Karl Janowsky, Hermann Haag, and Hermann Ried.

Pitino

Igor Karpov
Host - ABR sections

Post by Igor Karpov » 09 May 2013, 10:46

Pitino wrote:-I have a correction to make! The above name should be Hauptamtsleiter Georg Gradl "not Grabl"! In the 1934 NSDAP Jahrbuch he is listed als Reichsrevisor des Reichsschatzmeisters der NSDAP along with other Reichsrevisoren that include: Karl Janowsky, Hermann Haag, and Hermann Ried
Actually, he was a little bit "higher up": "Mit der Bearbeitung der Finanziellen Angelegenheiten für den Reichsparteitag 1934 wurde Reichsoberrevisor Georg Gradl beauftragt".

München, 3. Juli 1934.

gez. Schwarz

Regards,
Igor

Pitino

Post by Pitino » 09 May 2013, 15:55

Igor Karpov wrote:
Pitino wrote:-I have a correction to make! The above name should be Hauptamtsleiter Georg Gradl "not Grabl"! In the 1934 NSDAP Jahrbuch he is listed als Reichsrevisor des Reichsschatzmeisters der NSDAP along with other Reichsrevisoren that include: Karl Janowsky, Hermann Haag, and Hermann Ried
Actually, he was a little bit "higher up": "Mit der Bearbeitung der Finanziellen Angelegenheiten für den Reichsparteitag 1934 wurde Reichsoberrevisor Georg Gradl beauftragt".

München, 3. Juli 1934.

gez. Schwarz

Regards,
Igor
-Yes, Gradl would have been Reichsoberrevisor by (July 3, 1934) as Schwarz had mass promotions on (April 4/5,1934)!!! The promotions look like this:

-"Der Reichsschatzmeister zu Reichsoberrevisoren die Pgg. Evarist Straehler (Leiter des Reichsrevisionsamtes), Karl Janowsky, Hermann Haag, Georg Gradl. zu Reichsrevisoren die Pgg. Hans Koch, Friedrich Schad, Heinrich Wilhelm, Dr. Robert Vanoni, Ludwig E. Meiler, Willy Damson, Herbert Hänssgen, Josef Sailer, Willy Schwarzkopf, Adolf Baum, Ludwig Adam, Erich Hormann, Franz Wick".

-("Das Archiv: Nachschlagewerk........., Issues 1-6, 1934", p.9)

Pitino

Pitino

Post by Pitino » 30 Jun 2013, 17:49

Pitino wrote:-I have discovered 2 new Pre-War Hauptamtsleitern der NSDAP!!! The first is a mysterious gentleman named HAL Evarist Straehler. He was Leiter des Revisionsamt der Reichsschatzmeisters der NSDAP in the 1935 and 1936 NSDAP Jahrbuch. The other was another mystery man named HAL Richard Arauner. In the 1935 NSDAP Jahbuch he was Leiter des Abteilung A (Agrarpolitische Apparat) beim Amt fur Agrarpolitik der NSDAP. In the 1937 Jahrbuch he was HAL als Sonderbeauftragte des Reichsamt fur Agrarpolitik along with Backe, von Kanne, and Meinberg. He was also Leiter des Amt Personal und Organisation des Reichsamt fur Agrarpolitik der NSDAP.

-sources: (1935, 1936, &1937 NSDAP Jahrbuch)

Pitino
-I think the reason for Arauner's mystery to many avid NSDAP researchers is due to his untimely death on (November 1/2, 1936). His obituary read like this: Hauptamtsleiter Arauner tödlich verunglückt:
(NSK Berlin, 2. November 1936)- Der Hauptamtsleiter im Reichsamt fur Agrarpolitik der NSDAP, SS-Standartenführer Richard Arauner, verunglückte tödlich auf der Rückfahrt von der Vereidigung der Landesbauernrates der Landsebauernschaft Saar-Pfalz. In a small side note to this, the passing of HAL Arauner and RAL Dr. Dr. Arnulf Streck were announced to the German public on the same day (November 2, 1936).

-("NS-Partei-Korrespondenz, 1936")

Pitino

Pitino

Post by Pitino » 08 Jul 2013, 16:39

-I found the appt. for 4 Hauptamtsleitern at the same time, but with no date. It is from the Amt fur Agrarpolitik and von Kanne may have been on the list too, but the page was cut off.

I. Nachstehende Parteigenossen ernenne ich: (I appt. the following Party Members)

A. Zu Hauptamtsleitern: (Richard Arauner, Herbert Backe, Wilhelm Meinberg, Hermann Reischle)

Pitino

Igor Karpov
Host - ABR sections

Post by Igor Karpov » 17 Jul 2013, 12:50

Igor Karpov wrote:Previously I said that Paul Brinckmann held the rank of Oberbereichsleiter der NSDAP - a mistake, because already in 1935 he was Reichshauptamtsleiter der NSDAP.
30.01.1937 NSKK-Brigadeführer

Regards,
Igor

Pitino

Post by Pitino » 20 Jul 2013, 16:03

Pitino wrote:-I found the appt. for 4 Hauptamtsleitern at the same time, but with no date. It is from the Amt fur Agrarpolitik and von Kanne may have been on the list too, but the page was cut off.

I. Nachstehende Parteigenossen ernenne ich: (I appt. the following Party Members)

A. Zu Hauptamtsleitern: (Richard Arauner, Herbert Backe, Wilhelm Meinberg, Hermann Reischle)

Pitino
-I just found the obituary for HAL Richard Arauner and in it he was appt. Hauptamtsleiter bei der Reichsleitung in (September 1935). We do know that Backe was appt. HAL on (Sept. 5, 1935) via Mike Miller and andie Schulz. So, with all 4 men being appt. at the same time, it seems rather definitiv that the appt. date for all of them was (Sep. 5, 1935).

Pitino

Pitino

Post by Pitino » 16 Aug 2013, 01:12

-I have found a new Pre-War Hauptamtsleiter der NSDAP!!!! According to the 1937 NS-Jahrbuch, Joachim Walter, is listed with the Hauptamtsleiter rang als stellvertreter des HAL Dr. v. Renteln beim Hauptamt fur Handerk und Handel der NSDAP. Being that the 1937 Jahrbuch was printed in the latter half of 1936 means that Walter was promoted before (late 1936).

-Joachim Walter I- (as early as late 1936)- was HAL d. NSDAP als stellvertreter v. Rentelns im HfHuH d. NSDAP

-("Nationalsozialistisches jahrbuch, 1937", p.152)

Pitino

Pitino

Post by Pitino » 28 Aug 2013, 16:26

Pitino wrote:
Igor Karpov wrote:
Pitino wrote:-Found another new Pre-War Hauptamtsleiter!!!!!

-Helmut Sündermann- (1938) Hauptamtsleiter
He was appointed December 9, 1938.

Regards,
Igor
Igor,
-After looking over my notes I will bet that Sündermann's RHAL der NSDAP appt. coincides with his appt. to stellvertreter Reichspressechef der NSDAP. I have had a positive month (December) and year (1938) for the deputy appt., but I have never been able to find the positive day for that appt. So, if your source is reputable then his RHAL appt. date of (December 9, 1938) is most likely the other appt. date I have been looking for as well. What is your source? I would like to be able to definitively change my records here at home, but with out a source I do not like to do that! Thanks for the good work!

Pitino
-Here is Sündermann's appointment order to RHAL d. NSDAP:

-(December 9, 1938)- Der Führer ernannte auf Vorschlag des StdF den Stabsleiter des Reichspressechafs d. NSDAP, RAL Helmut Sündermann, zum Hauptamtsleiter in der Reichsleitung d. NSDAP.

-("Das Archiv;..., 1938")

Pitino

Pitino

Post by Pitino » 08 Sep 2013, 22:08

Schuhmann Full Sculpture.jpg
Here is a sculpture of the Pre-War RHAL d. NSDAP, Walter Schuhmann.

Return to “NSDAP, other party organizations & Government”