Interesting recent article on Hitler's art work

Discussions on all aspects of the NSDAP, the other party organizations and the government. Hosted by Michael Miller & Igor Karpov.
Izan

Interesting recent article on Hitler's art work

Post by Izan » 26 Apr 2002, 06:34

I wouldn't mind owning one of his works. Even a postcard would be cool. Does anyone here own any of the Fuehrer's personal works?

Link to article: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/ar ... Apr19.html
~Izan

MVSNConsolegenerale

Hitler's Art

Post by MVSNConsolegenerale » 26 Apr 2002, 08:58

I think Hitler had an amazing taste for art, but he himself lacked the full potential to achieve anything the likes of his own favorite paintings by others. I've seen several of his pictures and they are ... almost...just almost... masterpieces, they lack something that is hard to describe. Anyways, he's a better artist than I am (not saying much).

he also had an encredible taste in buildings. I think it always irritated him that he had such a good eye and could never quite make something up to his own par. That's probably why he like speer so much, because he had that little extra bit of talent and also shared his tastes in buildings.

Like Michael Caine in Dirty Rotten Scoundrel's - "I had the eye and taste but not the talent...but soon discovered that eye and taste were commodities that could be sold."

P.S. owning one of his works...I was of the impression that the vast majority of his work was all locked up along with his favorite paintings by the german government, I say a documentary on that.

Return to “NSDAP, other party organizations & Government”